Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
ojohn22 said:
That is my point.

Even though the intention is for people with Temporary work permit, it was not stated sensu stricto in the manual.

It just says one must be a temporary foreign worker with the right authorization to work( NOC 0,A,B) and I believe we all qualify for this.
The thing is, starting next year, CEC would only consider work experience that is not gained while also doing full-time studies. I think this would disqualify people with only TA/RA experience from applying.

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
shghamidi said:
Hi,

Can I ask your situation here in Quebec? Did you apply for CSQ?

thanks,
Got rejected by 1 point. took all the french they wanted. not applying again for CSQ. Am about to graduate in 4-5 months, so even if I am asked of intentions of not settling in Quebec, I will show the rejection and graduating status. Thats the plan for now. Will see what queries are posed to me by the officer.

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
My new application has reached Sydney today.First application was returned due to cap being completed.

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Feb2004 said:
My new application has reached Sydney today.First application was returned due to cap being completed.
Good news. um still waiting for mine

Uwindsor2009

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Feb2004 said:

Best of luck !!! I am desperately waiting for my application package. Hope will get back soon so that I can apply in January 2013

polestar707

Nov 20, 2012
Feb2004 said:
What? They will sent it back when the first cap is completed?
I thought it will be processed automatically for the 2nd cap.
I sent the application in Nov.2012, so I guess my application must be sent back to me again. :mad:

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
polestar707 said:
What? They will sent it back when the first cap is completed?
I thought it will be processed automatically for the 2nd cap.
I sent the application in Nov.2012, so I guess my application must be sent back to me again. :mad:
Hi polestar707, if you sent your application after the cap was reset, then it should be fine. People who have their applications got sent back so far have been those who had their applications received AFTER last year's cap had been reached. So if your application was received, say, in October, then there will be a high likelihood that it would be returned, but if your application was received after Nov 1, then it will be processed under the new cap.

shghamidi

Dec 10, 2012
Montreal
Stuck In Quebec said:
Got rejected by 1 point. took all the french they wanted. not applying again for CSQ. Am about to graduate in 4-5 months, so even if I am asked of intentions of not settling in Quebec, I will show the rejection and graduating status. Thats the plan for now. Will see what queries are posed to me by the officer.
What do u mean by "took all the french they wanted"?
I am not sure if showing the rejection letter can be a proof of not settling in Quebec. One might ask why you applied for the CSQ in the first place.
My case is more complicated. I wont be graduated soon. I am thinking of re-applying for the CSQ. I have to study for the French :(
BTW do u know which French exam is the easiest one?

Thanks again for the reply

Disappointed2

Dec 12, 2012
Dear Friends,
Thank you all for sharing your experience here. I am following this forum since 3 months, yet this will be my first post.
I and my spouse applied to the PhD stream on Sept 13. Our application reached on Sept 17. (I think we are one of the last applicants before the cap was full.)
Our processing fee was encashed on November 22. And since then we started to think positively about the fate of our application. Yet, today, we received a letter saying that our application was refused because my TA work experience for two years does not meet the required minimal one year full-time work experience. However, the thing is while applying we were already aware of this fact, and thus, we even did not claim that my TA work experience meet one year full-time work experience. Therefore, in the application we included my 2 years long continuous part-time work experience in my home country. Yet, in the refusal letter there is even no mention of why they did not consider my work experience in my home country. So, our application was refused because of the TA work experience that I even did not claim as sufficient, and my other work experience that I claimed in the application was even not mentioned. This is the first thing that I did not understand.
The second thing is, why did they charge us $550 x 2 = $1100, if they were going to refuse our application about two weeks later?
I think this is the way how they fill the cap. I know at least two other friends who experienced the same thing, first their fees were enchashed and soon after they were rejected. So, now I believe while 1000 people applied to this PhD stream and paid their fees and fill the cap, less than the half got a positive eligibility review.
So my question now is whether the processing fees ($550) are refundable? And if so, what is the process to get my money back?
Thanks in advance.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
Disappointed2 said:
Dear Friends,
Thank you all for sharing your experience here. I am following this forum since 3 months, yet this will be my first post.
I and my spouse applied to the PhD stream on Sept 13. Our application reached on Sept 17. (I think we are one of the last applicants before the cap was full.)
Our processing fee was encashed on November 22. And since then we started to think positively about the fate of our application. Yet, today, we received a letter saying that our application was refused because my TA work experience for two years does not meet the required minimal one year full-time work experience. However, the thing is while applying we were already aware of this fact, and thus, we even did not claim that my TA work experience meet one year full-time work experience. Therefore, in the application we included my 2 years long continuous part-time work experience in my home country. Yet, in the refusal letter there is even no mention of why they did not consider my work experience in my home country. So, our application was refused because of the TA work experience that I even did not claim as sufficient, and my other work experience that I claimed in the application was even not mentioned. This is the first thing that I did not understand.
The second thing is, why did they charge us $550 x 2 = $1100, if they were going to refuse our application about two weeks later?
I think this is the way how they fill the cap. I know at least two other friends who experienced the same thing, first their fees were enchashed and soon after they were rejected. So, now I believe while 1000 people applied to this PhD stream and paid their fees and fill the cap, less than the half got a positive eligibility review.
So my question now is whether the processing fees ($550) are refundable? And if so, what is the process to get my money back?
Thanks in advance.
I would advise you to read the application guide. Under the work experience, you will find more details. Double check that your work experience back home is accepted and that you sent them the right documents and reference letters as mentioned in the guide. Then prepare your appeal and send it to them. So your application may be accepted and/or your money will be refunded.
I guess on this forum someone under the same stream got already his/her money back.

Uwindsor2009

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Disappointed2 said:
Dear Friends,
Thanks in advance.

Bad luck !!! Do as Suggested by salam20.
Please provide appropriate NOC code. Send your letter of experience stating your job title, salary stub, full time/part time, key responsibilities (these should be matched with duties describe under concern NOC code). send some sample Salary slips. If from India send copy of Form 16. Hope these documents will make your point stronger.

utopie

Dec 14, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
Nomination.....
11-09-2013
AOR Received.
30-10-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
24-07-2014 (decision made: April 15, 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
shghamidi said:
I am not sure if showing the rejection letter can be a proof of not settling in Quebec. One might ask why you applied for the CSQ in the first place.
My case is more complicated. I wont be graduated soon. I am thinking of re-applying for the CSQ. I have to study for the French :(

It depends on which French variety you are learning:French québécois or French from France? Accents as well as some vocabulary words are different. I took the TEF (French from France) although I am French, I have been teaching French for 8 years, I have a Master in French and I am doing a PhD in translation (English-French). It was more expensive than the IELTS, longer and now that I am trying to think from a non-native speaker point of view I have to say it is challenging, especially the composition part.
I don't know if the TCF would be easier

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
shghamidi said:

Take TEFaQ. Thats the easiest. Also rejection letter may show that you applied and didnt bother to reapply as your circumstance changed. You can blame your applying on symposiums conducted by Immi Quebec people where they paint a very rosy picture. To be very honest, these are all speculations. We have to see what the VO officer asks and one of the Quebec applicants passing through ansd sharing the experience. I might not include the CSQ in theory as you said but remember in the application atleast I declared that my CSQ was rejected as it specifically asked whether any kind of canadian visa was ever denied including CSQ. Don't hide facts, it might come and bite. The first thing they might do is check your files in Quebec office as you applied from Quebec and if you don't declare the rejection, it might count as misinformation.

How much did they give you for french? Have they given straight rejection or they gave one year to gain more points?

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
It largely depends on the content of your work experience letter and the NOC code that you were using.

Can you please share the content of your TA+RA work experience letter ? Did it mention all the working hours, salary and detailed work responsibilities?

I think you should refine the work experience details and re-apply, because the cap for PhD Stream has been reset.

Thanks,
Indus

Disappointed2 said:
Dear Friends,
Thanks in advance.

polestar707

Nov 20, 2012
asbereth said:
Hi polestar707, if you sent your application after the cap was reset, then it should be fine. People who have their applications got sent back so far have been those who had their applications received AFTER last year's cap had been reached. So if your application was received, say, in October, then there will be a high likelihood that it would be returned, but if your application was received after Nov 1, then it will be processed under the new cap.
Thank you for this info. I hope you are right. ;)

Anyway, why cic doesn't process those applications in the second cap automatically?