Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
New13 said:
Hello everyone,

I learnt about this forum today. This is an amazing effort, thanks to all of you guys who are making a significant contribution to clarify lots of confusion regarding this stupid PR application process.

I'm planning to apply early January 2013 and now arranging all the documents required for the application. Just a quick question about the certificate and transcript of already completed degrees. Do I need to submit all the original certificates and transcripts? In the new checklist form, I noticed that there are two check boxes, original and copy. I just got confused, does it mean I can also submit copies? I only have single copies of certificates and usually universities don't have option for requesting multiple copies of certificates.

Has anyone applied with copies and got accepted?

Thanks in advance.
What I understand from the checklist in item 13 (Education/Training/Qualifications) is that originals are only required from applicants from China

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
The_Prince said:
What I understand from the checklist in item 13 (Education/Training/Qualifications) is that originals are only required from applicants from China
Yo if you dont mind. Where do you live in Canada? I am trying to understand when should i except the file back!!

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Holygun said:
Yo if you dont mind. Where do you live in Canada? I am trying to understand when should i except the file back!!
Windsor, and u ?

New13

Dec 7, 2012
Thanks sarsanballa and The_Prince for your reply. @sarsanballa, when you say certified copies, does it mean certified by the respective university? I have notarized copies of my certificates and transcripts will that work?

Certificates and Transcript requirement in the section 13 of the checklist says -

"Transcripts: Transcripts of all successfully completed studies (diploma, certificates, degrees), if available"
"College or University documents: certification of completion and/or the graduation degree, diploma or certificate issued by the college or university and the evaluation committee"

I couldn't find anything like certified copies or original transcript (sealed or in a sealed envelop?). The format column in the section 13 for this part says only "copies". As The_prince mentioned the "original" format was only beside the education credentials for Chinese applicant. Also, the transcript section says "if available", does it mean it's not compulsory?

Could you please make it little more clear? If I don't have to reissue transcripts and certificates, it would save lots of my time as well as money.

Thanks.

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
New13 said:
Thanks sarsanballa and The_Prince for your reply. @ sarsanballa, when you say certified copies, does it mean certified by the respective university? I have notarized copies of my certificates and transcripts will that work?

Certificates and Transcript requirement in the section 13 of the checklist says -

"Transcripts: Transcripts of all successfully completed studies (diploma, certificates, degrees), if available"
"College or University documents: certification of completion and/or the graduation degree, diploma or certificate issued by the college or university and the evaluation committee"

I couldn't find anything like certified copies or original transcript (sealed or in a sealed envelop?). The format column in the section 13 for this part says only "copies". As The_prince mentioned the "original" format was only beside the education credentials for Chinese applicant. Also, the transcript section says "if available", does it mean it's not compulsory?

Could you please make it little more clear? If I don't have to reissue transcripts and certificates, it would save lots of my time as well as money.

Thanks.
copies are required except for the chinese people!

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
I didn't see where they need certified copies. I think they just need normal photocopies and that is clear from fsw checklist. I don't see anywhere they ever asked for certified photocopies.

Actually this certified copies idea is not useful at all. Notary people never look at copies properly, they just put their stamp and collect money and forget about it.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
MISSISSAUGA, Ont. - A new immigration program aimed at getting skilled workers into Canada faster will start on Jan. 2.
Immigration Minister Jason Kenney says the new rules will help address labour shortages.
To qualify, applicants will need to already have a job offer or be pre-qualified by a province or territory.
They'll also have to meet language requirements and have a minimum of two years of work experience in a skilled trade.
The program will accept a maximum of 3,000 applications in the first year.
The federal government is working with provinces, territories and labour groups to draw up a list of occupations that will be eligible.
It's expected to include electricians, welders, heavy equipment mechanics and pipefitters.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
aidina said:
MISSISSAUGA, Ont. - A new immigration program aimed at getting skilled workers into Canada faster will start on Jan. 2.
Immigration Minister Jason Kenney says the new rules will help address labour shortages.
To qualify, applicants will need to already have a job offer or be pre-qualified by a province or territory.
They'll also have to meet language requirements and have a minimum of two years of work experience in a skilled trade.
The program will accept a maximum of 3,000 applications in the first year.
The federal government is working with provinces, territories and labour groups to draw up a list of occupations that will be eligible.
It's expected to include electricians, welders, heavy equipment mechanics and pipefitters.
I noticed your deleted you last post. Well, be patient, I don't think we will see any movement before mid February next year, the earliest.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
TyrusX said:
I noticed your deleter you last post. Well, be patient, I don't think we will see any movement before mid February next year, the earliest.

Oh yah. I did not want to give negative energy to other guys. Let's hope we will hear from them in Feb.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
aidina said:
Oh yah. I did not want to give negative energy to other guys. Let's hope we will hear from them in Feb.
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/12/10/immigrant-investor-program-canada_n_2270376.html?utm_hp_ref=canada

beni

Dec 8, 2009
Hi all,

I read few posts mentioning that the 1000 cap for phd stream (starting Nov, 2012) has been reached. Is that right?
I'm planning to submit my application in mid January 2013, since that's when I will be done with my second year.

Cheers,

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
beni said:
Hi all,

I read few posts mentioning that the 1000 cap for phd stream (starting Nov, 2012) has been reached. Is that right?
I'm planning to submit my application in mid January 2013, since that's when I will be done with my second year.

Cheers,
yes, the 2011-2012 caps has been reached. However, It is supposed to be reset on November 1st. However, we don't have anyone with Positive Eligibility that applied after that date to confirm that this was indeed the case.

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
But some of the members (who posted in this thread last week) confirmed that they got their applications returned (submitted on or after 15 September) that the cap was filled and was reset on November 2012.

So, it means that any applicants who apply under PhD Stream now or January-2013 will have their applications considered under the new cap that started on November 2012. Isn't it? Please confirm.

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
User Feb2004
« Reply #3685 on: December 05, 2012, 10:57:47 am »

Last line (letter from CIO after his application under FSW PhD Stream was returned:

"The cap reopened on November 1st 2012. A maximum of 1000 complete new FSW applications from international students pursuing PhD studies or currently who obtained a Phd at a Canadian institution will be considered for processing this year. Cap years will begin on November 1st and end on October 31st, unless otherwise indicated in a future Ministerial Instruction".