+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR in OCTOBER 2016 POOL

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
mike1789 said:
My lawyer said they will ask to submit background decl form again. He had same situation before.

expert pls advice. Thank u.
Lawyers aren't going to return the fees OR make something happen if (God Forbid) your application is refused. Officers processing the application are not all the same - strict officers might not be so forthcoming.

Please ask your lawyer to raise a CSE or raise one yourself -

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

mike1789

Feb 23, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Lawyers aren't going to return the fees OR make something happen if (God Forbid) your application is refused. Officers processing the application are not all the same - strict officers might not be so forthcoming.

I will try to convince my lawyer if not I will do it by myself. I will pass 3 months since my application submitted. If I lied intentionally thats misrepresentation. They know mistake can happens.

mike1789

Feb 23, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:

So far I havent read any applicant get rejected or ban due to this mistake. I will correct my mistake ASAP. If u know some cases pls share link here. people are here just assuming things on basis of worst case scenario.

j12345

Oct 31, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
That isn't the point here. In some cases, the officer might consider this misrepresentation and if that happens, the application is refused plus, there is a 5 year ban on re-applying. This is the worst case scenario however, it is very true and can happen. Please note that US and Canada have an "Information sharing" policy.

I would strongly recommend that you push your lawyer to raise a CSE right away and provide IRCC with this information.

** Please note that this post is not to frighten you. This post is to urge you to take remedial action before the worst happens**.
I had my US tourist visa refused once but got it the next time I applied.
Have already submitted the PR form with no mention of visa refusal.
Also, had Canada tourist visa, there is a mention of same in gcms with note that no adverse information was found.
Should I be raising a CSE? It is more than 4 months since I submitted my PR application.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
mike1789 said:
So far I havent read any applicant get rejected or ban due to this mistake. I will correct my mistake ASAP. If u know some cases pls share link here. people are here just assuming things on basis of worst case scenario.
First thing is there must be very few to make such a mistake. Secondly you cannot expect every one will come here and update such things. thirdly raj only points out the danger and risk which concerns and is good on his part. it is upto you to decide now.

mike1789

Feb 23, 2016
j12345 said:
I had my US tourist visa refused once but got it the next time I applied.
Have already submitted the PR form with no mention of visa refusal.
Also, had Canada tourist visa, there is a mention of same in gcms with note that no adverse information was found.
Should I be raising a CSE? It is more than 4 months since I submitted my PR application.
I have same thing but its student visa in 2011. Its up to u to raise CSE. I think we are fine as 4 months pass u pass that point of risk to refused.
I m worried too.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
mike1789 said:
Well, you can read a couple of cases now -

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/received-letter-from-cic-to-respond-to-misrepresentation-please-help-t401328.0.html;msg5023232#msg5023232

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-do-prove-i-did-not-misrepresent-myself-on-my-open-work-permit-application-t243122.0.html;msg3538997#msg3538997

My only concern here is I do not want to see someone get rejected for something that could have been corrected easily.

Good luck!

mike1789

Feb 23, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Well, you can read a couple of cases now -

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/received-letter-from-cic-to-respond-to-misrepresentation-please-help-t401328.0.html;msg5023232#msg5023232

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-do-prove-i-did-not-misrepresent-myself-on-my-open-work-permit-application-t243122.0.html;msg3538997#msg3538997

My only concern here is I do not want to see someone get rejected for something that could have been corrected easily.

Good luck!
Both cases have diff situation. In first case he got refused for canada visa.
In second cases they gave chance to submit form again.

Even though I will Raise CSE and inform them.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
mike1789 said:
Both cases have diff situation. In first case he got refused for canada visa.
In second cases they gave chance to submit form again.

Even though I will Raise CSE and inform them.
1) It can be the same for any visa refusal.
2) Like I already pointed out, not all officers are the same.

All the best!

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
I'm getting notifications for this thread like crazy ;D

mike1789

Feb 23, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
1) It can be the same for any visa refusal.
2) Like I already pointed out, not all officers are the same.

All the best!
Both got chance to explain or change their answer. They did not get rejection OR ban right away.

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
04-01-2017 (RCMP Criminal Record Check) Submitted 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
mike1789 said:
If we forgot to mention us student visa rejection.. they will ask us to fill background decl form again right ?

I am not sure what exactly I wrote. I got refusal in 2011 for us student visa.

Thanks for help.
Well I can say from my experience, One of my relatives and friends had US tourist visa rejection and they forgot to mention that in their Canadian Study permit application. The officers were kind enough and emailed them stating that Do you have any rejection of visas from any other country? Please answer truthfully. They answered correctly stating that they overlooked the any country part and eventually they got study permit. But for PR the VO might not be this kind.