+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

RNhopeful

Sep 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/12/2015
Med's Request
23/12/2015
Med's Done....
5/1/2016
VISA ISSUED...
21/3/2016
Flyweight said:
Hello RNhopeful :D
9 weeks n tlga sa akin, pero d ko lang sinama yung legal at possible holidays nkaraang xmas at new year. Bukas pag wala pa, magsend nko cguro ng letter sa knila.
Grabe antagal huhu..hoping and praying na mkreceive na tayong lht ng update

maryjoane

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan-13-2016
Med's Done....
Medical Passed jan 20 2016 (second application)
Passport Req..
feb 29, 2016
Yes, positive update for all of us..

mymostcreativename

Jan 26, 2016
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 Dec 2015, refused 26 Jan 2016, reapplied 11 Feb 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26 Oct 2015
saranghae said:
:) Happy first day of Feb, guys. When do your classes start, and when did you apply? My intake is in August. Anyone on the same month? Should I apply this month na? I'm thinking it might be too early...
applied 1st dec, refused 26th january. re-applying 2nd february for may intake. if for september intake ka pa po, i would say best to calculate 3-4 months prior to start of classes and dun ka banda mag apply. a few pages back someone was refused a visa for applying too early, tapos nakalagay "you should apply 3-4 months before the start of classes" or something to that effect. try mo scroll back konti. di ko lang maalala kung sino yun. God bless!

maryjoane

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan-13-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
feb 29, 2016

tengmanila

Jan 30, 2016
1st question:
For a 2-year course how much is needed money to show?

-- I am saying money to show, while I understand this is not only show money, but a true budget for expenses, because I really just need to know how much I need to present. Let's say I already have a place to stay in Toronto, and a family that will take care of my basic needs. This plus of course the fact that I will work on my free time. Which brings me to my 2nd question.

2nd question:
How many hours in a day/week does a full-time student spend in classes?

oshin

Sep 22, 2015
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2015
Med's Request
08-12-2015 Upfront
Med's Done....
24-12-2015 Passed
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
tengmanila said:
1st question:
For a 2-year course how much is needed money to show?

-- I am saying money to show, while I understand this is not only show money, but a true budget for expenses, because I really just need to know how much I need to present. Let's say I already have a place to stay in Toronto, and a family that will take care of my basic needs. This plus of course the fact that I will work on my free time. Which brings me to my 2nd question.

2nd question:
How many hours in a day/week does a full-time student spend in classes?
Hi, I think we need to differentiate first the true budget and show money from CIC perspective. Your true budget for expenses is just for your internal purposes. CIC will not look after you and monitor your daily expenses once they've approved your visa. The Show Money portion - is the required amount that you have to present together with your application. Basically the amount required by them for your allowances is CAD10,000 per year plus your tuition fee (ranging from CAD15,000 - 20000 depends on your school but college is definitely cheaper than Univ). If you are in a 2 yr course, I think they just require 1 yr tuition but if you can have it full that's an advantage on your application. If you have spouse coming with you, the 1 yr daily allowance is CAD4,000 and for child - CAD3,000.

On the other hand, if you have sponsors to take good care of your basic needs, you need to secure a statutory declaration saying they are willing to sponsor you during your stay plus proof of financials which covers the same amount mentioned above. I think it will be suspicious if they show less of the amount required and might create possible doubts from CIC so just be sure they have the enough funds as required.

School hours - based on my inquiry with those who are already there, it depends on your subjects but you will probably spend 20-25 hrs per week. Some of our colleagues wasn't able to look for a job because of their unfriendly schedule of subjects :).

maryjoane

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan-13-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
feb 29, 2016
ang tagal naman ng update nten ???

maryjoane

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan-13-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
feb 29, 2016
hi guys,

any updates with your visa? thanks

maryjoane

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan-13-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
feb 29, 2016
Just read from other forums, na tinatapos daw ng VO ang applications ng mga refugee until feb probably the reason why our visa take so long to have an update pero hindi ko din alam if its relevant on our case kasi if im not mistaken we are evaluated in Makati

Flyweight

Jan 6, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/11/15
Med's Done....
29/12/15
Passport Req..
06/03/16
VISA ISSUED...
11/03/16
LANDED..........
04/2016
maryjoane said:
hi guys,

any updates with your visa? thanks
Hi.. Wala pa din update sa application ko.. 10th week ko na dapat now, pero minus the xmas holidays kaya 9th week palang.. Nakakabaliw, pero I'm trying to hold it all together ;D

saranghae

Apr 4, 2015
mymostcreativename said:
applied 1st dec, refused 26th january. re-applying 2nd february for may intake. if for september intake ka pa po, i would say best to calculate 3-4 months prior to start of classes and dun ka banda mag apply. a few pages back someone was refused a visa for applying too early, tapos nakalagay "you should apply 3-4 months before the start of classes" or something to that effect. try mo scroll back konti. di ko lang maalala kung sino yun. God bless!
Thanks. Right. Nabasa ko yun kaya medyo ingat ako sa date when I will apply. May nabasa rin ako dito na 5 months early nag aply ay di naman na reject...hmmm...so better be on the safe side ;)
Goodluck on your re-application at next is study permit na... :)

maryjoane

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan-13-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
feb 29, 2016
got an update from our application. .. pero "glitch" lang.
Pero ang weird kasi ang may update lang is yung sa husband ko, who is applying for OWP. Sa application ko walang update. Haist

tengmanila

Jan 30, 2016
oshin said:
Hi, I think we need to differentiate first the true budget and show money from CIC perspective. Your true budget for expenses is just for your internal purposes. CIC will not look after you and monitor your daily expenses once they've approved your visa. The Show Money portion - is the required amount that you have to present together with your application. Basically the amount required by them for your allowances is CAD10,000 per year plus your tuition fee (ranging from CAD15,000 - 20000 depends on your school but college is definitely cheaper than Univ). If you are in a 2 yr course, I think they just require 1 yr tuition but if you can have it full that's an advantage on your application. If you have spouse coming with you, the 1 yr daily allowance is CAD4,000 and for child - CAD3,000.

On the other hand, if you have sponsors to take good care of your basic needs, you need to secure a statutory declaration saying they are willing to sponsor you during your stay plus proof of financials which covers the same amount mentioned above. I think it will be suspicious if they show less of the amount required and might create possible doubts from CIC so just be sure they have the enough funds as required.

School hours - based on my inquiry with those who are already there, it depends on your subjects but you will probably spend 20-25 hrs per week. Some of our colleagues wasn't able to look for a job because of their unfriendly schedule of subjects :).
Salamat Oshin!

Right I was pertaining more on the 'showmoney', money required by the process to be approved for Visa. So upon application a good amount is tuition for 1 year + that 10k CAD living allowance. From what I am seeing, my annual tuition is at 15k. so roughly, a total of 25k at the very least. of course higher is better.

As for the number of hours spent in school weekly, 20-25 hours. So this feels like College then, or even a lot less. I am targetting post-graduate, btw. So 20-25 hrs/week or roughly 4-5 hrs/day considering no school on weekends. This still makes it hard for our folks there to look for a job? Hmmm. Is it because the subjects are not one-after-another, because 4-5 hrs daily doesnt sound a lot. It appears to be as demanding as a part-time job, only. Or am I grasping the concept incorrectly.. Sorry, in that case..

oshin

Sep 22, 2015
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2015
Med's Request
08-12-2015 Upfront
Med's Done....
24-12-2015 Passed
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
tengmanila said:
Salamat Oshin!

Right I was pertaining more on the 'showmoney', money required by the process to be approved for Visa. So upon application a good amount is tuition for 1 year + that 10k CAD living allowance. From what I am seeing, my annual tuition is at 15k. so roughly, a total of 25k at the very least. of course higher is better.

As for the number of hours spent in school weekly, 20-25 hours. So this feels like College then, or even a lot less. I am targetting post-graduate, btw. So 20-25 hrs/week or roughly 4-5 hrs/day considering no school on weekends. This still makes it hard for our folks there to look for a job? Hmmm. Is it because the subjects are not one-after-another, because 4-5 hrs daily doesnt sound a lot. It appears to be as demanding as a part-time job, only. Or am I grasping the concept incorrectly.. Sorry, in that case..
Hi, I think sa schedule siguro. Like in my case, ang class ko will start 10am to 2pm everyday. So parang ang pangit kasi of course I cant work sa morning masyadong hectic. In the afternoon naman after 2pm parang challenging din maghanap ng pag woworkan ng 3pm pataas. Siguro yun non office work meron :)