+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

drummerlover33

Star Member
Aug 19, 2015
Hi all,

Does the Embassy in Manila deny study permits outright? Or do they usually give you an interview opportunity to defend your case? I'm submitting my online application today, and I hope you can share your stories or experiences. :)

Thanks!

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
drummerlover33 said:
Hi all,

Does the Embassy in Manila deny study permits outright? Or do they usually give you an interview opportunity to defend your case? I'm submitting my online application today, and I hope you can share your stories or experiences. :)

Thanks!
Deny outright
Too much application to interview people

snickers_21

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
cad143 said:
Hi Snyder. Salamat sa reply. Ang sad naman ng experience mo. I think pwede ka mag inquire sa WES regarding that. Meron sila sinend sakin na survey/questionnaire inquiring about my experience with them. Siguro they are trying to assess na kasi may ibang panget ang experience with them. For me naman, okay naman. WES was able to give me an equivalent of 4 year Bachelor's Degree sa Course ko. Parang weird naman ang assessment nila considering that you did your high school in New Zealand. Same pa sila na Commonwealth Countries. Are you in Canada now?
Hello, me too, my qualification in PF was assessed as Diploma only sa WES. At dahil dito kulang tuloy ako ng points for PNP. Pwede ba magappeal? Nagpa-assess ako sa Australia and I got Bachelors degree naman.

Synder

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Visa Office......
Online Application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December 2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical Passed 12 December 2016
Passport Req..
24 January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
30 January 2017
LANDED..........
30 April 2017
snickers_21 said:
Hello, me too, my qualification in PF was assessed as Diploma only sa WES. At dahil dito kulang tuloy ako ng points for PNP. Pwede ba magappeal? Nagpa-assess ako sa Australia and I got Bachelors degree naman.
I tried and trust me it is not worth it. Try another service nalang cguro. ICAS kais takes much more time compared to WES, d nila ako masagot na bakit nila kinukuha ung first two years ko eh nag K12 naman ako sa New Zealand. Which is frustrating.

hopefulheart12

Star Member
Dec 7, 2016
cad143 said:
Hello Hopefulheart12. I found this in the Canada Immigration website. Hope this helps;

How can my common-law partner and I prove we have been together for 12 months?
Items that can be used as proof of a common-law relationship include:

a statutory declaration of a common-law union,
statements for shared bank accounts,
shared credit cards,
proof of shared ownership of residential property,
shared residential leases,
shared rental receipts,
bills for shared utilities accounts, such as
electricity,
gas or
telephone,
proof of shared management of household expenses,
evidence of shared purchases (especially of household items),
mail addressed to either or both of you at the same address,
important documents for both of you showing the same address, such as
identification documents,
driver’s licences and
insurance policies and
any other documents that show you have been living together.
You do not need to include all these items to prove your relationship is real. Citizenship and Immigration Canada may consider other proof as well

Photos, telephone bills and letters will not be returned. Do not send videos or CD-ROMs. Documents such as marriage certificates and passports will be returned. However, you should send certified photocopies, not originals.
Salamat cad143 for this. Appreciated.

king112192

Dec 31, 2016
kapatid said:
Is your current work related to your future course here in Canada? If not, yes, there would be a problem.
Hindi, elementary teacher ako..if stated sa sop ko na kaya ako kukuha ng culinary ay balak ko lumipat from teaching elementary to Senior High , college or university,.. May pag asa kaya..?

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Synder said:
Cograts! Mabilis nalang yan! Sobrang miffed ako because we are also accredited but they just gave me a BS excuse. Will try ICAS next cause the school I applied to (Algonuin) uses ICAS and wla naman sila problem sa Bachelors ko since post grad Diploma inapplyan ko
The top colleges in Ontario are (in no particular order) Humber, Sheridan, Seneca, George Brown, and Centennial during the time that I was searching for a school. But it also depends on the particular program you are looking at. May mga programs na IELTS and bachelors degree lang kahit walang WES pwede ka na mabigyan ng offer :) In terms of picking a school, google ka lang ng mga reviews. I made a mistake of picking the school and didn't consider the travel time too much... but my program is IT and my school had the best reputation for the particular program I wanted kaya ayun, tiis-tiis nalang muna sa winter habang hintay ng bus hehe

cad143

Oct 11, 2016
mic-mic said:
Hello!

Studied in DLSU Manila and I got full accreditation with my WES (bachelors of 4 years) but it was required of me to have a masters degree in some cases kaya di ko na din na pursue :)
Sa Humber College ako aral ngayon ng software development as post grad. Isang sem nalang tapaos na ang gastos and will be moving forward from being a student! Wish me luck!
Thanks for the info. That's the case din with other universities, let's say, U of T, I checked and they said for Philippines daw dapat Bachelor's +MA Degree to be able to get into their program. Hassle naman kung mag MA pa ako dito sa Pinas then kuha ulit MA jan. Hehe. Good choice sa school mo, maganda ang reputation. :) Good luck sa last sem! May question lang ako re Student Permit mo, you got a 2 year course right? Are you planning to do PGWP or mag apply kayo sa EE? And mag ccount ba yung work experience ng wife mo sa EE? Plan namin kasi ganun sana, if possible.

cad143

Oct 11, 2016
snickers_21 said:
Hello. I found it sa WES website:
I have questions about my completed evaluation report?
If you have questions about your evaluation report or disagree with its conclusions, please write to the Director of Evaluations using the contact us form. All inquiries must be submitted in writing.

Baka pwede ka mag inquire regarding the evaluation report. Nagka error kasi sa address ko one time buti nalang efficient ang UPS nabigay pa din. Try to write to the Director of Evaluations. May contact us form sa website nila. :)

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
cad143 said:
Thanks for the info. That's the case din with other universities, let's say, U of T, I checked and they said for Philippines daw dapat Bachelor's +MA Degree to be able to get into their program. Hassle naman kung mag MA pa ako dito sa Pinas then kuha ulit MA jan. Hehe. Good choice sa school mo, maganda ang reputation. :) Good luck sa last sem! May question lang ako re Student Permit mo, you got a 2 year course right? Are you planning to do PGWP or mag apply kayo sa EE? And mag ccount ba yung work experience ng wife mo sa EE? Plan namin kasi ganun sana, if possible.
Hey cad143,

We already created an EE profile na si missis ang main applicant. Wala naman sinabi sa questions na bawal si missis mag-apply. Swerte lang kami na she started working on her profession since day 2 that she landed here kaya na-meet na namin ngayon yung requirements for FSW, CEC and qualified na din for PNP. Sa scores namin ngayon, nasa 457 lang kami... and birthdays decrease your scores by 5 points :( Only hope now is the Ontario Provincial Nomination.

I have no idea if when I graduate, I will still get the additional 15 points for graduating in Canada kasi under sa spouse na pag claim ng points (which is me in this case) wala naman question na if graduate ba ako sa canada. We do get a 1 point bump (from 457 + 1 =458) if I claim 2 or more credentials na post secondary.

BUT, I think you can simultaneously do an EE profile and apply for a PGWP kasi magkaiba naman sila. The other one is just a profile and the other one is to prolong your stay and be eligible to work and gain more experience.

drummerlover33

Star Member
Aug 19, 2015
Hi all!

I've been requested to do my medical for the study permit. Would anyone know how many days after the medical will I get my permit, assuming the medical goes well?

Hope you can share your experiences! Maraming salamat! :)

cad143

Oct 11, 2016
mic-mic said:
Hey cad143,

We already created an EE profile na si missis ang main applicant. Wala naman sinabi sa questions na bawal si missis mag-apply. Swerte lang kami na she started working on her profession since day 2 that she landed here kaya na-meet na namin ngayon yung requirements for FSW, CEC and qualified na din for PNP. Sa scores namin ngayon, nasa 457 lang kami... and birthdays decrease your scores by 5 points :( Only hope now is the Ontario Provincial Nomination.

I have no idea if when I graduate, I will still get the additional 15 points for graduating in Canada kasi under sa spouse na pag claim ng points (which is me in this case) wala naman question na if graduate ba ako sa canada. We do get a 1 point bump (from 457 + 1 =458) if I claim 2 or more credentials na post secondary.

BUT, I think you can simultaneously do an EE profile and apply for a PGWP kasi magkaiba naman sila. The other one is just a profile and the other one is to prolong your stay and be eligible to work and gain more experience.
Hi Mic-Mic,

Thanks for the information. May I ask what is your wife's profession? Keen to know coz we're planning to do the same. We'll apply both for student permit and open work permit. We actually have a pending EE application pero mejo mababa ang score so we're looking into the student visa first.

Re your EE points, mataas na yan if you base it on the last express entry draw. A few points nalang kayo. :) I hope makuha kayo next round!

Doing my research sa schools din. Ganun nalang nga gagawin namin. Hopefully makahanap na ng university na tatanggap sakn and makahanap na din ng work. Update ko kayo. Focus ko now is to find a university and a course then apply ng student visa and open work permit for both of us. Salamat ulit sa advice. Really helpful. :D

Synder

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Visa Office......
Online Application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December 2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical Passed 12 December 2016
Passport Req..
24 January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
30 January 2017
LANDED..........
30 April 2017
Has anyone encountered this?

**Your ORIGINAL Police Certificate issued by National Bureau of Investigation. If your NBI certificate has a "No Criminal Record," "No Pending Case," or “Record as Stated” remark, please also submit the following:
-NBI written explanation regarding this.

Mine says No Record On file. So does this mean I dont have to submit a letter of explanation?

If anyone has ever gotten this what did you say because when I got my certificate before sabi nila na wala na daw un na daw un eh.

peej06

Jan 11, 2017
Good day po to all!

Nagapply ako ng student permit online noong nov.21,2016 then nung dec8,2016 nagbago yung medical ko (upfront) to Review in Progress. Up to now jan11,2017 hindi parin nagbabago. Any opinion/comment/suggestion po?

Salamat po!

Application/profile status Open (Nov21, 2016)
Review of medical results Review in Progress (Dec8,2016)
Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
Review of biometric information Not needed at this time
Final decision Not Started

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Hey Cad143,

Goodluck sa university application! Fraustration ko din yan :( Although, keep in mind that the Masters Degree immigration tract for Ontario was put on indefinite hold yata. Kaya parang blessing na din na hindi ako nakapasok sa Ryerson. ;D

457 lang kami kaso 468 yata yung huling draw... Pero papalo kami once naka 2 years work na si missis sa August and pag-graduate ko sa May. Kaso, mag renew pa ng passport and pa-extend stay si missis and baby. Usually kasi, ang openwork niya is kasing haba ng study permit ng spouse kaso mag-expire na passport niya kaya umigsi yung binigay. Keep that also in mind as passport renewal here takes 3 months!!! Kaka pa-renew lang namin and sa end of March na makukuha :( Ang complicated ano? Well, I just tell myself na maganda naman ang reward in the end. :)

I don't know the proper description pero parang ECE SPED therapist ang job ni kumander. Sobrang sobrang sobrang swerte lang talaga siya and I cannot express how much luck and blessing that she stumbled upon that job. Good karma na din siguro sa dami ng natulungan ko na pinoy maka student visa hehe. Ang usual case po kasi is no matter how professional or how big of a manager sa pinas, you have to start somewhere the first few days you land. That's how reality is. MAy kakilala ako IT manager, dumating dito as PR na nga, pero sa warehousing ang first job. Senior banker sa atin pero sa retail ang first job, etc, etc. I'm not scaring you guys but I want you to be mentally prepared that it can be a possibility that you don't find a job in your profession on your first try. Some people are lucky too like intra-company transfers and then there are some who's been working retail for a year and can't find a job in their profession :)

Basta sipag and positive thinking lang :)

Kami for example, sa profession nga ni missis ang first job niya pero di namin na-factor in yung travel time which was about 2 hours (3 bus transfers). Then there's winter that makes you question the decisions you made to go here ;D Then you need to buy a car to reduce the 2 hours commute to 30 minutes drive pero ang mahal pala ng insurance ng kotse (350/month for new canadian drivers). So tiis tiis muna sa simula and then once you get that industry experience, mas ok na. Happy to say that mas malapit and mas ok na ang work ni missis ngayon because tiniis niya yung challenges (travel time, etc) sa first na trabaho. She's working in the same field/job code but in a much bigger scale. :)

So in the end, it's a combination of luck, skills (si missis speaks 4 languages, has psychology and ECE degree and masters degree and international experience), interview skills, communication skills and relevant experience. Swerte lang kami and swak na swak credentials ni missis sa need nung company. ;D

Sorry po, ang haba ng post ko. Just realized na baka helpful sa iba yung experience namin and I hope you guys can pray na makapasok kami sa mga following EE draws :)

drummerlover and peej06, by batch kasi nila send ang medical and sometimes it takes time talaga :) Patience and dasal dasal lang ;D