+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

29Torrjane

Dec 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
1.6M sapat na ba na showmoney? 14k po yung tuition ko and I paid half na of my tuition.

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
29Torrjane said:
Hi! Primary sponsor ko po is my dad. We have a family friend in Toronto that will let me stay in their house for free once I get approved for study permit. Do i need to get a letter of accomodation from her? Or needed ba na relative ko siya dapat?
Yes get an affidavit saying he/she will let you stay at his/her house. With the deed/lease of the house. Any evidence na siya owner ng bahay.

29Torrjane said:
1.6M sapat na ba na showmoney? 14k po yung tuition ko and I paid half na of my tuition.
P370k lang show money at with P1.6m kung kasama na diyan pati tuition mo more than covered ka na.

elladayrit

Jul 11, 2016
kapatid said:
Yes get an affidavit saying he/she will let you stay at his/her house. With the deed/lease of the house. Any evidence na siya owner ng bahay.
P370k lang show money at with P1.6m kung kasama na diyan pati tuition mo more than covered ka na.
Wait wait wait. P370k lang pwede ng show money?? As long as bayad na ang tuition?

29Torrjane

Dec 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2017
kapatid said:
What if they are just renting an apartment?

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
elladayrit said:
Wait wait wait. P370k lang pwede ng show money?? As long as bayad na ang tuition?
Your 1 yr tuition will be around $15,000 (P551,000) and the show money needed for that duration is $10,000 (P370,000).
So kung nagbayad ka na ng tuition ipapakita mo na lang sa CEM o application mo is tuition receipt plus the P370,000 sa bank and you're covered.
Processing time is 2 months and may mga school na open lang magbayad ng tuition 1 month prior sa pasukan.
Anyway if ever ipapakita mo lang sa Port of Entry mo sa canada for fund is the tuition receipt and the P370,000 show money.

29Torrjane said:
What if they are just renting an apartment?
Copy of rental agreement of the apartment.

elladayrit

Jul 11, 2016
kapatid said:
Your 1 yr tuition will be around $15,000 (P551,000) and the show money needed for that duration is $10,000 (P370,000).
So kung nagbayad ka na ng tuition ipapakita mo na lang sa CEM o application mo is tuition receipt plus the P370,000 sa bank and you're covered.
Processing time is 2 months and may mga school na open lang magbayad ng tuition 1 month prior sa pasukan.
Anyway if ever ipapakita mo lang sa Port of Entry mo sa canada for fund is the tuition receipt and the P370,000 show money.
Copy of rental agreement of the apartment.

Pag 2 years, parehas lang din naman diba?

hopefulheart12

Star Member
Dec 7, 2016
Hello.. Merry Christmas po sa lhat..

Patulong po for below points lalo na po sa mga seniors:

1. Show money: in the form do we have to list the total tuition fee? For example 30k cad and tuition fee for 2 years dapat yun ang imention na tuition feee expense? So dapat mas mataas doon ung available fund tama po ba? Kc I thought, need to show money only for 1 year expenses.

2. If my common law partner is not accompanying, do i need to still show proof of relationship pag mag submit ng applications forms. ie photos, air tickets, bank account that contains same address.

Patulong naman po please.

Thank you so much...

journey namin

Star Member
Jun 13, 2014
drummerlover33 said:
Hi mic-mic,

I'm interested in reading your guidelines for the SOP. I'm trying to look for it in the previous pages, but I can't find it though. Do you think you'll be able to link me to the page, or at least let me know the approximate date that you posted it?

Thanks! :)
mic-mic said:
Hello! Mine took about a week. As for my SOP, medyo sensitive po kasi yung information na nilagay ko doon (kaya convincing) kasi may mga supporting documents pa ako provided hehe but in essence it was tied to my business why I am studying IT now kasi plano ko convert business namin ;D

My best advice is be honest with your LOA. A lot of applicants make a mistake by making up stories so best is to just be honest. Also, please include:

1. why you chose the program?
2. Why study in Canada and not in your home country?
3. What are your plans after graduation?
4. How will you support yourself while studying?

Ito po ang guidelines ng SOP ko :)

Also, if you are really serious about applying, my suggestion is you READ and READ everything posted here from the beginning. You will na yung batch po namin is nagbasa lahat kasi lahat po ng tinatanung ay natanung na before and you will learn very VERY useful experiences from people who were denied, and re-applied or those who got approved the first time.

Ako siguro ma-deny sa first try if hindi ko binasa itong thread na ito ;D
In behalf of mic-mic :) :)

NearlyLucid

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Hello, everyone! I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday season so far.

I have quite a dilemma and I don't know how to go about it. I recently renewed my passport so I have my new one and my previous one. While doing general cleaning, I realized that I misplaced all my older (expired) passports that contain my (expired) US and Canada visas and my travel history via immigration stamps. Is there a way to present travel history without my old passport? My older passport, the one I still have, shows my 2012 trip to Canada but I can't find any other proof of my 2002 and 2000 trips, as well as my US trips. I'm still trying my best to recover the missing passports but just trying to think ahead and find solutions. Sayang din naman kasi :( Any ideas? :-[

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
elladayrit said:
Pag 2 years, parehas lang din naman diba?
Sa 2 years mo na course required mo lang ipakita ang 1 year.

hopefulheart12 said:
Hello.. Merry Christmas po sa lhat..

Patulong po for below points lalo na po sa mga seniors:

1. Show money: in the form do we have to list the total tuition fee? For example 30k cad and tuition fee for 2 years dapat yun ang imention na tuition feee expense? So dapat mas mataas doon ung available fund tama po ba? Kc I thought, need to show money only for 1 year expenses.

2. If my common law partner is not accompanying, do i need to still show proof of relationship pag mag submit ng applications forms. ie photos, air tickets, bank account that contains same address.

Patulong naman po please.

Thank you so much...
1) Need mo lang ipakita ang 1 year out of 2 year na fund. So 1yr tuition + 10k living expenses. If you have more then better.
2) I have no idea pero estiamte ko ilagay mo lang siya as common-law-partner then if kukunin mo na siya then saka ka magproprovide ng proof.

drummerlover33

Star Member
Aug 19, 2015
Hi all,

Are CAIPS notes required if I will be resubmitting a study permit application? Or does anyone have experience with study permit approval after rejection without the use of CAIPS notes? My first application was denied on grounds of 'purpose of visit', but my mistake was that I didn't include a SOP with my first application. This would have explained why I was taking a course not related to my previous educational background and profession.

Sana matulungan niyo po ako! :)

Thanks!

Synder

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Visa Office......
Online Application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December 2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical Passed 12 December 2016
Passport Req..
24 January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
30 January 2017
LANDED..........
30 April 2017
Is an SOP really needed? I applied for my SP wothout it.

My course naman is related to my previous course.

> Radiologic Technology wanting to study Diagnostic Medical Sonography.

I also have provided a lot of available funding and stated that my mother will be supporting my study.

This question has gotten me anxious since I submitted.

hopefulheart12

Star Member
Dec 7, 2016
Hi Synder,

I think needed yung SOP kc don mo ma-state why do you want to study in Canada instead Philippines. Plus other statements like ties in home country and other things pa.

I am still new in this forum and haven't submitted my application yet.

Pero I know that there are lots of helpful people in this forum.

Since you have submitted your application, I am not sure if you can still send an SOP.

Sana may mag reply na senior sa question mo.

God bless.

Reactions: lonelyboy 2017

Synder

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Visa Office......
Online Application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December 2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical Passed 12 December 2016
Passport Req..
24 January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
30 January 2017
LANDED..........
30 April 2017
hopefulheart12 said:
Hi Synder,

I think needed yung SOP kc don mo ma-state why do you want to study in Canada instead Philippines. Plus other statements like ties in home country and other things pa.

I am still new in this forum and haven't submitted my application yet.

Pero I know that there are lots of helpful people in this forum.

Since you have submitted your application, I am not sure if you can still send an SOP.

Sana may mag reply na senior sa question mo.

God bless.
They really should not put it as "optional" if needed sya. Or the least they can do is at least ask for it as an additional document.