+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
April 8, 2015 (PASSED April 23)
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Thanks journeyNamin for posting! Sorry I was busy making my website during the break and the holidays rush as well. ;D

Synder, the SOP is optional but is a useful tool if you want to explain something to further strengthen your application IF NEEDED.

drummerlover33, kindly message floje as he re-applied a day or two after he got the rejection letter I think(really can't remember anymore). If you can address the reasons for rejection, they you have a good chance of getting it the second time around :)

hopefullheart, it might e best to establish your relationship as early as now even if he/she is not travelling with you :)

NearLyLucid, maybe you can just attach an affidavit of lost passport? The travel stamps you have recently are already a good sign that you are a legitimate traveler and some officers put a great bearing if you have already traveled outside your home country.

In our case, we visited Canada first before we decided if we really like it here or not and highlighted that in our SOP.

Kapit lang po mga kabayan!

king112192

Dec 31, 2016
hi good morning and HAPPY NEW YEAR mga kababayan!!!

i need you advice.. im planning to apply for a student permit, graduate ako ng elementary education. ang balak ko sanang kuning course ay culinary..
magkakaroon ba ako ng problema with my application for student permet?

thank in advance..

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
king112192 said:
hi good morning and HAPPY NEW YEAR mga kababayan!!!

i need you advice.. im planning to apply for a student permit, graduate ako ng elementary education. ang balak ko sanang kuning course ay culinary..
magkakaroon ba ako ng problema with my application for student permet?

thank in advance..
Is your current work related to your future course here in Canada? If not, yes, there would be a problem.

hopefulheart12

Star Member
Dec 7, 2016
Hi micmic, does this means na need ko na mag show ng proof like photos, bank statements, attestations from parents and etc. kahit hindi ko pa siya kasama sa Canada. Sorry ha mejo confused talaga ako eh. :(

Maraming salamat, I really appreciate your response.

And Happy new year to Everyone by the way. :)

cad143

Oct 11, 2016
Hello Mga Kabayan! :D Happy New Year to everyone. May question lang po ako regarding student visa? Has anyone applied for universities sa Ontario area? How long po kaya ang hintayan when you apply for admission? Planning to do the same and hopefully will take Masters. Salamat po. Very useful talaga itong thread. Dami ko natutunan.

Synder

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Visa Office......
Online Application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December 2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical Passed 12 December 2016
Passport Req..
24 January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
30 January 2017
LANDED..........
30 April 2017
cad143 said:
Hello Mga Kabayan! :D Happy New Year to everyone. May question lang po ako regarding student visa? Has anyone applied for universities sa Ontario area? How long po kaya ang hintayan when you apply for admission? Planning to do the same and hopefully will take Masters. Salamat po. Very useful talaga itong thread. Dami ko natutunan.
I tried but failed because WES devalued my education from a BSc to a Diploma because we lack the 2 years from K12 and mind you I did high school pa in New Zealand. I tried applying for Dalhousie and U of T.

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Hello Hopefulheart! I think you can just show for now na common law na kayo by showing banks, and same proof of billing address for atleast 6months yata. IT's always good to provide as early as now para if susunod siya, matagal na na na-establish relationship ninyo. :)

Hello cad143, you should prepare about a year in advance kasi it is very competitive and expensive (for me). Apart from WES (if hindi accredited ang university mo sa pinas), yung iba is hahanapan ka ng academic referrence letters, work experience, proposal for the thesis topic, etc. The good thing is mabilis sila sumagot. I inquired sa York University, Ryerson and U of T. Almost tanggap na ako sa York but at 70k tuition fee, I had to tap out. Si Ryerson naman, they only accept 25 students and I was number 26 ;D A year is just an exaggeration pero better check the cu-off times for applications :)

ash8fhinks

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Philippines
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
29-04-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
under review
cad143 said:
Happy new year po! Same question din po pero sa George Brown naman. Ano po intake ka?

Synder

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Visa Office......
Online Application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December 2016
Med's Request
Passport Req..
24 January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
30 January 2017
LANDED..........
30 April 2017
mic-mic said:
Hello Hopefulheart! I think you can just show for now na common law na kayo by showing banks, and same proof of billing address for atleast 6months yata. IT's always good to provide as early as now para if susunod siya, matagal na na na-establish relationship ninyo. :)

Hello cad143, you should prepare about a year in advance kasi it is very competitive and expensive (for me). Apart from WES (if hindi accredited ang university mo sa pinas), yung iba is hahanapan ka ng academic referrence letters, work experience, proposal for the thesis topic, etc. The good thing is mabilis sila sumagot. I inquired sa York University, Ryerson and U of T. Almost tanggap na ako sa York but at 70k tuition fee, I had to tap out. Si Ryerson naman, they only accept 25 students and I was number 26 ;D A year is just an exaggeration pero better check the cu-off times for applications :)
Hi Mic Mic san ka nag aral? Sa De La Salle and for some reason ang binigay lang na explanation sakin ng WES is the first and second year is taken away kasi kulang daw years natin dito.

cad143

Oct 11, 2016
Synder said:
I tried but failed because WES devalued my education from a BSc to a Diploma because we lack the 2 years from K12 and mind you I did high school pa in New Zealand. I tried applying for Dalhousie and U of T.
Hi Snyder. Salamat sa reply. Ang sad naman ng experience mo. I think pwede ka mag inquire sa WES regarding that. Meron sila sinend sakin na survey/questionnaire inquiring about my experience with them. Siguro they are trying to assess na kasi may ibang panget ang experience with them. For me naman, okay naman. WES was able to give me an equivalent of 4 year Bachelor's Degree sa Course ko. Parang weird naman ang assessment nila considering that you did your high school in New Zealand. Same pa sila na Commonwealth Countries. Are you in Canada now?

cad143

Oct 11, 2016
mic-mic said:

Thanks so much for the reply, Mic-Mic. Tried backreading na kaso di ko pa matapos pero inspiring ang story nyong mag asawa :) Yan din ang problem ko, very competitive ang admissions. May I ask what school ka now? Tried looking into the admission ng big universities, need ata nung iba na may masters ka and university before applying for their MA. Need ko kasi additional points din for EE kaya will try studying na din. Will keep on doing research but thanks for the advice. :)

cad143

Oct 11, 2016
hopefulheart12 said:
Hi micmic, does this means na need ko na mag show ng proof like photos, bank statements, attestations from parents and etc. kahit hindi ko pa siya kasama sa Canada. Sorry ha mejo confused talaga ako eh. :(

Maraming salamat, I really appreciate your response.

And Happy new year to Everyone by the way. :)
Hello Hopefulheart12. I found this in the Canada Immigration website. Hope this helps;

How can my common-law partner and I prove we have been together for 12 months?
Items that can be used as proof of a common-law relationship include:

a statutory declaration of a common-law union,
statements for shared bank accounts,
shared credit cards,
proof of shared ownership of residential property,
shared residential leases,
shared rental receipts,
bills for shared utilities accounts, such as
electricity,
gas or
telephone,
proof of shared management of household expenses,
evidence of shared purchases (especially of household items),
mail addressed to either or both of you at the same address,
important documents for both of you showing the same address, such as
identification documents,
driver’s licences and
insurance policies and
any other documents that show you have been living together.
You do not need to include all these items to prove your relationship is real. Citizenship and Immigration Canada may consider other proof as well

Photos, telephone bills and letters will not be returned. Do not send videos or CD-ROMs. Documents such as marriage certificates and passports will be returned. However, you should send certified photocopies, not originals.

lucybeth

Jan 3, 2017
Hi Po,

nagmedical upfront po ako sa Dubai dahil ditto po ako nag wowork at ang nilagay ko po sa application na "place where applying is Philippines" kc sinama ko po sa application ang asawa ko... more than 2 week na po kc mula nong inupload ang results ng medical ko, hanggang ngaun wala pa ring update kahit received man lang.

Any idea po?
Salamat

mic-mic

May 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 4, 2015
Med's Request
April 6, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
May 18, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2015
LANDED..........
July 2015
Hello!

Studied in DLSU Manila and I got full accreditation with my WES (bachelors of 4 years) but it was required of me to have a masters degree in some cases kaya di ko na din na pursue :)
Sa Humber College ako aral ngayon ng software development as post grad. Isang sem nalang tapaos na ang gastos and will be moving forward from being a student! Wish me luck!

Synder

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
Visa Office......
Online Application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December 2016
Med's Request
Passport Req..
24 January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
30 January 2017
LANDED..........
30 April 2017
mic-mic said:
Hello!

Studied in DLSU Manila and I got full accreditation with my WES (bachelors of 4 years) but it was required of me to have a masters degree in some cases kaya di ko na din na pursue :)
Sa Humber College ako aral ngayon ng software development as post grad. Isang sem nalang tapaos na ang gastos and will be moving forward from being a student! Wish me luck!
Cograts! Mabilis nalang yan! Sobrang miffed ako because we are also accredited but they just gave me a BS excuse. Will try ICAS next cause the school I applied to (Algonuin) uses ICAS and wla naman sila problem sa Bachelors ko since post grad Diploma inapplyan ko