+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

pmc92

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Dorchester, New Brunswick, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2016
Doc's Request.
27-09-2016
File Transfer...
17-08-2016
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Interview........
Waived - DM 23-01-2017
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2017
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Ahmelina23 said:
I applied on June 1st, they started processing on June 20th and the file got transferred to Ankara on August 2nd:)
On ECAS - 3 lines, it's currently in process but we never received AOR2 but I heard some VO don't send it. Did you receive AOR2?
As for MyCIC, I didn't link it because we are doing it via lawyer and I've heard it might get messed up if I connect them. But I tried linking once and it didn't work:(
My wife has not received AOR2, but she has had 3 lines now on ECAS since Sept 12:

1. We received your application on June 29
2. We started processing your app on September 8.
3. Medical results have been received.

My wife's MyCIC shows eligibility review in progress, but background check not started.

The only message we have received from CIC since the beginning of the process is my SA (August 17) which was sent by mail on August 23.

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
pmc92 said:
My wife has not received AOR2, but she has had 3 lines now on ECAS since Sept 12:

1. We received your application on June 29
2. We started processing your app on September 8.

My wife's MyCIC shows eligibility review in progress, but background check not started.

The only message we have received from CIC since the beginning of the process is my SA (August 17) which was sent by mail on August 23.
Yeah, seems like Ankara VO doesn't send AOR2.

Yes, my husband has those same lines, just different dates.
1. We received XXX application for permanent residence on June 1, 2016.
2. We started processing XXX application on August 2, 2016.

Interesting, hopefully my husband's eligibility is also in progress :D They definitely didn't start background check, because we have to send one more document but they didn't request it yet.
Lets hope we will hear from them soon! :D It hasn't been that long, but seems like forever :-[

peony

May 31, 2016
KITJ said:
Dear peony I'm iranian as well sponsoring my husband , when is your interview date? Order GCM note ASAP cuz it gives you clear reason of the interview

We had ordered GCMS notes, there wasn't much in them. My interview was 2 weeks ago. Everything went great. I got my visa on the same day.

aylar10

Jun 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2016
File Transfer...
27-09-2016 (SA)
Med's Done....
30-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
LANDED..........
10-11-2016
peony said:
We had ordered GCMS notes, there wasn't much in them. My interview was 2 weeks ago. Everything went great. I got my visa on the same day.
Congratulations, so happy for you :) I would really appreciate it if you could share your timeline please? what did they ask during the interview. I just got my SA today and my file has been forwarded to Ankara too. I don't think we have any red flags but being Iranian, I am assuming they will call my husband for an interview. He is confident that he will pass it but I keep bugging him that we need to practice and be prepared. I haven't been able to convince him to go over the interview questions yet ???

pmc92

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2016
Doc's Request.
27-09-2016
File Transfer...
17-08-2016
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Interview........
Waived - DM 23-01-2017
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2017
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Does anyone here know whether Ankara VO is quick to respond to IRCC case-specific enquiries directed to their office? My wife sent them the completed IMM 5562 form they requested via this medium yesterday and she has not yet received the automated response confirming receipt. :(

pmc92

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2016
Doc's Request.
27-09-2016
File Transfer...
17-08-2016
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Interview........
Waived - DM 23-01-2017
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2017
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Since last May, the processing time for spousal applications in Georgia has gone from 17 months to 12 to 15 and this week to 11 months! It has changed 3 times in 5 months! When we applied in June, it said 12 months, then in August it changed to 15 months, and on October 4 it changed to 11 months. How exactly do they arrive at these numbers?

NR5H

Oct 6, 2016
Based on experience, no response or notice of receipt info given :(. I have sent 3 separate e-mail inquiry regarding my husband's application and no response given except auto email. :(

NR5H

Oct 6, 2016
Does anyone know how long it takes for background check to be complete for Ankara VO? My spousal sponsorship application reflects "Decision Made" online under Sponsorship Application Status over 5 weeks now and we yet have not receive any email or correspondence as to what the decision is and I had MP office call on my behalf to inquire this matter as Ankara VO does not answer inquiries over the phone. MP rep was advised that its in process of background check and now its passed 3 weeks still no news.. Has anyone had this kind of experience? If you can help clarify that would be great. Thanks

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
NR5H said:
Does anyone know how long it takes for background check to be complete for Ankara VO? My spousal sponsorship application reflects "Decision Made" online under Sponsorship Application Status over 5 weeks now and we yet have not receive any email or correspondence as to what the decision is and I had MP office call on my behalf to inquire this matter as Ankara VO does not answer inquiries over the phone. MP rep was advised that its in process of background check and now its passed 3 weeks still no news.. Has anyone had this kind of experience? If you can help clarify that would be great. Thanks
"Decision Made" under Sponsorship Status means they approved you as a sponsor. I was approved back in July but they updated ECAS a couple of weeks ago. Did you receive AOR2 from Ankara VO?
So your MP managed to talk to someone from the office and they told him the background check is in process?

NR5H

Oct 6, 2016
Ahmelina23 said:
"Decision Made" under Sponsorship Status means they approved you as a sponsor. I was approved back in July but they updated ECAS a couple of weeks ago. Did you receive AOR2 from Ankara VO?
So your MP managed to talk to someone from the office and they told him the background check is in process?
No I did not, when MP rep contacted them (not Ankara VO) he was informed that Ankara VO received and processed the ARC we submitted upon a letter request after attending his interview. We submitted ARC request 1st week of August 2016 and Decision Made status updated some time beginning September 2016. However he was also advised "decision made" does not necessarily mean "decision has been made" as process still continues.. and that we have sit back and wait as background check does not have timelines basically it can be weeks/months etc. :(

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
NR5H said:
No I did not, when MP rep contacted them (not Ankara VO) he was informed that Ankara VO received and processed the ARC we submitted upon a letter request after attending his interview. We submitted ARC request 1st week of August 2016 and Decision Made status updated some time beginning September 2016. However he was also advised "decision made" does not necessarily mean "decision has been made" as process still continues.. and that we have sit back and wait as background check does not have timelines basically it can be weeks/months etc. :(
It's hard to get a hold of Ankara, my lawyer says they barely pick up the phone and even if they do, they won't tell you much:(
Hmm when did you initially apply? Yes, unfortunately nobody knows how long the background check will be:( It's been 2 months since our application reached Ankara VO and we haven't heard anything since then and my lawyer says the same, we just have to wait...
The good thing is that they've been requesting documents from you:)

NR5H

Oct 6, 2016
Ahmelina23 said:
It's hard to get a hold of Ankara, my lawyer says they barely pick up the phone and even if they do, they won't tell you much:(
Hmm when did you initially apply? Yes, unfortunately nobody knows how long the background check will be:( It's been 2 months since our application reached Ankara VO and we haven't heard anything since then and my lawyer says the same, we just have to wait...
The good thing is that they've been requesting documents from you:)
Initial application was received by Canada VO in February and after eligibility verified was forwarded to Ankara VO in April 2016. Interview invitation email received in July than he attended interview in August 2016. The officer confirmed our marriage is genuine however he had to go through ARC process as he was previously in Canada. We are now in October with no news or update... hopefully at least some positive update given to us.

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
NR5H said:
Initial application was received by Canada VO in February and after eligibility verified was forwarded to Ankara VO in April 2016. Interview invitation email received in July than he attended interview in August 2016. The officer confirmed our marriage is genuine however he had to go through ARC process as he was previously in Canada. We are now in October with no news or update... hopefully at least some positive update given to us.
Oh so it's been awhile for you! You've been through interview and requested documents already which means the end is close!:) Hang in there, you should hear something very soon! The processing time for Ankara changed to 11 months now, so hopefully they will be working on applications a bit faster now:) Even though it doesn't take 11-12 months for most cases, the usual is around 8-10 months and very lucky ones might get it under 5-6 months.

NR5H

Oct 6, 2016
Ahmelina23 said:
Oh so it's been awhile for you! You've been through interview and requested documents already which means the end is close!:) Hang in there, you should hear something very soon! The processing time for Ankara changed to 11 months now, so hopefully they will be working on applications a bit faster now:) Even though it doesn't take 11-12 months for most cases, the usual is around 8-10 months and very lucky ones might get it under 5-6 months.
Yes, some get lucky and some don't as it really is case specific... A family member that I know has gotten PR approximately in 6 months or less from Ankara VO. Every week is a new beginning hope week for us and we will continue to wait and hopefully some answers will be given soon.

Thanks for your responses, appreciate it!

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
NR5H said:
Yes, some get lucky and some don't as it really is case specific... A family member that I know has gotten PR approximately in 6 months or less from Ankara VO. Every week is a new beginning hope week for us and we will continue to wait and hopefully some answers will be given soon.

Thanks for your responses, appreciate it!
No problem! I'm sure you will hear from them soon!
I can't wait to hear something about our application, but it's only been 4 months since we applied so hopefully we will get a document request from them anytime soon.

Good luck to all of us! :)