+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

mamad2020

Star Member
Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nazafarin said:
hi everybody
I'm so glad to c Ankara visa office's applicants ;D ;D
I live in Toronto and my husband's being sponsored by me :)
his medical test done on Nov 1st and our file has been received on Dec 21ST.
I checked out Ankara's web site for processing time. I was so surprised. I can't tolerate this time, 16 months :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ It's nonsense.
I've heard some lawyers attempt to complain because the fewer visa ( in comparison with other visa offices) had been allocated to this specific visa office. :-X :-X :-X
Hopefully they'll get good results ;D ;D
Dear Nazafarin,
Welcome and I'm in the same place as you. December applicant and through Ankara. I received my AOR yesterday so hopefully you will receive yours in the coming week. :)
I'm sponsoring my wife and the 16 months is so crazy. It used to be 6 months right before we thought about sponsoring :(

mamad2020

Star Member
Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
n_zo said:
Thanks sheyda, yes sure. I have filed my spouse's application on 21st of Oct 2011, and they have accepted my sponsorship on 8th of Jan2012. But at that time our application was sent to syria, and this is the reason why it takes so long, they have started processing our application on 12th of july2012 , I have paide landing fee on 20th of July 2012. this is the whole process. hope you will be requested for submitting pass sooon
That's amazing, congradulations!
It seems like considering your timeline, @Nelly, and @slm.tbt most people here are getting aproved within 6-12 months rather than the 16 months mentioned in the CICIC website.
This is very encouraging and heart warming for us at the beginning of the road :)
Thank you and good luck!

nelly*

Jun 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2012
File Transfer...
23-08-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
Passport Req..
09-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2013
LANDED..........
02/03/2013
nazafarin said:
what a speedy process. congrats a lot. keep your finger crossed to us ;D ;D ;D

ih wat a great news. congrats.

Ankara VO,pleas keep continuing!!!
thanks nazafarin joon :)
good luck hun ;)

n_zo

Dec 14, 2012
mamad2020 said:
It seems like considering your timeline, @ Nelly, and @ slm.tbt most people here are getting aproved within 6-12 months rather than the 16 months mentioned in the CICIC website.
This is very encouraging and heart warming for us at the beginning of the road :)
Thank you and good luck!
Thank you so much, in comparison with others mine was the worst, it takes so long . Because the time that I have filed my application was not a right time, but the ones who filed their app later in 2012 got their result sooner. Hope you will be requested for pass sooooon.
good luck

nelly*

Jun 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2012
File Transfer...
23-08-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
Passport Req..
09-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2013
LANDED..........
02/03/2013
mamad2020 said:
It seems like considering your timeline, @ Nelly, and @ slm.tbt most people here are getting aproved within 6-12 months rather than the 16 months mentioned in the CICIC website.
Thank you and good luck!
4 sure it is less than 16 months 4 2012 applicants, i got PPR after 4 months n 2 weeks so hopefully u will get it very soooon
good luck

Galip

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations everyone who got their Passport Requests.

Ankara is still one of the fastest visa office, a lot of people receive their visas less than a year under spousal sponsorship category. 16 months is their maximum processing time for complex cases.

There are also a lot of transfer cases from Damascus sitting at Ankara, mostly the applicants are Iranian and these cases take longer than normal proceeding. The officers in Ankara are Turkish and their knowledge for Damascus cases is very limited. I heard that experienced officers joined Ankara from the closed Damascus office and this will speed up the finalizing the applications.

In 2013 first 6-7 months there will be a lot of PPR from Ankara. Good luck everyone!

E

Erina

Galip said:
Congratulations everyone who got their Passport Requests.

Ankara is still one of the fastest visa office, a lot of people receive their visas less than a year under spousal sponsorship category. 16 months is their maximum processing time for complex cases.

There are also a lot of transfer cases from Damascus sitting at Ankara, mostly the applicants are Iranian and these cases take longer than normal proceeding. The officers in Ankara are Turkish and their knowledge for Damascus cases is very limited. I heard that experienced officers joined Ankara from the closed Damascus office and this will speed up the finalizing the applications.

In 2013 first 6-7 months there will be a lot of PPR from Ankara. Good luck everyone!
I thought officers are Canadian, no?

sharif62

Dec 7, 2012
nelly* said:
4 sure it is less than 16 months 4 2012 applicants, i got PPR after 4 months n 2 weeks so hopefully u will get it very soooon
good luck
Dear nelly
Cong.
regarding your quick application process, I want to know if your personal history like education and work history was complicated or simple ? I mean have you worked or studied in different places or no?
also did you asked for help from any specific person or organization to expedite your application?
I only ask to compare with mine and estimate my proccessing time.
thank u in advance

nazafarin

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto
mamad2020 said:
Dear Nazafarin,
Welcome and I'm in the same place as you. December applicant and through Ankara. I received my AOR yesterday so hopefully you will receive yours in the coming week. :)
I'm sponsoring my wife and the 16 months is so crazy. It used to be 6 months right before we thought about sponsoring :(
Hi mamad2020 :D :D :D
What a great news. congrats. it is a hope for me to receive my AOR soon ;D
I predict that 16 months will turn to 8 or even 6 months ;) because Ankara's officers get involved professionally in how to check applications. amateur officers r changing to professional ones :p
Good luck friend and let me know whenever change in your wife process :) :) :)

nelly*

Jun 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2012
File Transfer...
23-08-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
Passport Req..
09-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2013
LANDED..........
02/03/2013
sharif62 said:
Dear nelly
Cong.
regarding your quick application process, I want to know if your personal history like education and work history was complicated or simple ? I mean have you worked or studied in different places or no?
also did you asked for help from any specific person or organization to expedite your application?
I only ask to compare with mine and estimate my proccessing time.
thank u in advance
hi sharif62
thanks, no it was not complicated, i got my BS n MS from university of Tehran n i'm working 4 an Iranian airline, i've sent all my work n educational docs along with my app. dorane madresamam hamash iran bude, nothing especial ;)
meanwhile we didn't ask 4 any help n u know man khodamam fekr nemikardam enghadr zud PPR begiram!
Wish u a fast n smooth process

nelly*

Jun 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2012
File Transfer...
23-08-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
Passport Req..
09-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2013
LANDED..........
02/03/2013

mamad2020

Star Member
Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,
Just a note that I received my sponsorship aproval today!! and my file will be transfered to Ankara soon. I'm so happy :) It's such a great feeling! I feel like a huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders :D
Does anyone know how long it will take until they forward the application to Ankara and when do they usually start looking at the file?

@Nelly, I didn't know you were also in Iran. So happy to find out that it only took you 4.5 months! congradulations again :)