+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

cyrus56

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
File Transfer...
25-10-2012
Passport Req..
09-02-2013
Hoom, Thanks btw Nazafarin jaan.

mamad2020

Star Member
Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Galip said:
Congratulations. You have completed the 1st stage.

It usually takes 3-6 weeks for sending the application to Ankara. They usually start proceeding in 6-8 weeks after they receive the application package.

If you case is very straight forward and your appication is well prepared and all fees were paid in advance you may receive your PR visa in 6 months without interview. If the case is complex and if they call you for an interview it will take longer and could be more than a year.

The proceeding time also depends on the applicants nationalies too. If both sides are Turkish it's the easiest for background and security checks from computer because they see everything online. In this forum one applicant recieved the PR visa in 3,5 months from Ankara, but on the other hand I see some Iranian applicants from 2010 and 2011.

Every case and every application is unique. I wish you the best and good luck!
Thank you for your reply!
I just did a short analysis and it seems like simple applications received after summer of 2012 are being processed fairly quickly. My average is between 3-5.5 months after receiving the application in Ankara.
But a lot of iranians from 2010 or 2011 Damascus are just receiving their PRs and this is a good sign. The backlog from Damascus is almost finished if not already and new applications received are being processed really quickly. that is one reason why it says 16 months processing time in Ankara. Apps from 2011 from Damascus were still being processed in October along with new applications. Hopefully in the new quarterly update the processing time will go back down to 6 months average :D

Güzelyol said:
No, it's much quicker than that! I've got approved on July 23 and our file arrived in Ankara on July 30.

For the processing, you can't really tell because eCase is not systematically updated. I know for sure our file is being processed at the moment, but our status is still "Application received". It's up to the visa officer to update eCase or not.
You're right. Some people see their update in their status a week after receiving their sponsorship aproval, and some receive it 3 months later. All depends on the VO.
I have a feeling that when new applications arrive, the VOs just randomly pick them out of a pile :D

mamad2020

Star Member
Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nelly* said:
congrats 4 d approval, a new chapter has begun ;)
recently it takes average 1.5 - 2 months till your ecase change 2 in process
btw i'm Iranian n my hubby sponsored me, thanks again :)
rasti u can see d Ankara applicants timeline in the link which i put in my signature
Thank you! I will add my info to it. I think I have th eold timeline in my signature.
Congradulations again and welcome to Canada whenever you do!

mamad2020

Star Member
Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
n_zo said:
congratulation, Hope you will be requested for PPR soooon
Thank you :)

nazafarin said:
hi there :D :D
I got AOR right now. pray for me to receive approval email as speedy as AOR. it took less than a month with considering Christmas Holidays ;) ;)
During 2 months of staying in Toronto, I couldn't find a job and am so worry that officer wouldn't accept me as a sponsor :( :( :(
Don't worry about not having a job. I'm also a student right now (almost finished) and not working but they still aproved me.
As long as you don't receive income assistance, and you did not commit any crimes or defaulted on your previous undertakings, you will be approved.

nelly*

Jun 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2012
File Transfer...
23-08-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
Passport Req..
09-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2013
LANDED..........
02/03/2013
mamad2020 said:
Thank you! I will add my info to it. I think I have th eold timeline in my signature.
Congradulations again and welcome to Canada whenever you do!
thanks mamad2020
good luck :)

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
It seems to me that none of applicants who got approved after mid-October got update in eCas from "Application Received" to "In Process". What's wrong with those applications?

E

Erina

Godzilla9 said:
It seems to me that none of applicants who got approved after mid-October got update in eCas from "Application Received" to "In Process". What's wrong with those applications?
Don worry, my status didn't change too, and I applied in March ;)

Güzelyol

Aug 24, 2012
Godzilla9 said:
Hahaha! We should ask another question: what's wrong with non-Iranian applicants? For them, eCase always sticks to "Application Received", whenever the application was received (mine was in April 2012 and I know about someone whose application was received a month later). Don't rely too much on eCase... and be patient!

Toronto88

Sep 1, 2012
Toronto
Godzilla9 said:
I am worried too... a relative of mine was approved as sponsor two weeks before me and her app was updated to IN PROCESS 2 weeks later but my application has been siting in Ankara for 80 days now and it still says app received. :(
I'm not sure if it's only me and a few other or everyone who got approved after mid-oct have not got their apps changed to IN PROCESS.
What is your timeline? There is only one other person who has a close timeline to me that I can compare my case to...
If you want fill the form in my signature so I can add ur timeline to the spreadsheet ...

Toronto88

Sep 1, 2012
Toronto
Güzelyol said:
Hahaha! We should ask another question: what's wrong with non-Iranian applicants? For them, eCase always sticks to "Application Received", whenever the application was received (mine was in April 2012 and I know about someone whose application was received a month later). Don't rely too much on eCase... and be patient!
It's not just non-Iranians me and another person are Iranian and have been in APP RECEIVED status for the past 3 months!
The thing with ur case and Erina's is that they are not straight forward cases. Your husband has been asked to go in for an interview and Erina's is sponsoring as a conjugal partner ...

Güzelyol

Aug 24, 2012
Toronto88 said:
It's not just non-Iranians me and another person are Iranians and have been in APP RECEIVED status for the past 3 months!
The thing with ur case and Erina's is that they are not straight forward cases. Your husband has been asked to go in for an interview and Erina's is sponsoring as a conjugal partner ...
If you read my post carefully, you'll see I'm talking about non-Iranian applicants, so the other person is not Erina's husband. Go read discussions about other visa offices and you'll see that many (if not most) applications get completed with the status still "Application received". Updating eCase or not is up to the visa officer, and none of them work the same way.

Toronto88

Sep 1, 2012
Toronto
Güzelyol said:
If you read my post carefully, you'll see I'm talking about non-Iranian applicants, so the other person is not Erina's husband. Go read discussions about other visa offices and you'll see that many (if not most) applications get completed with the status still "Application received". Updating eCase or not is up to the visa officer, and none of them work the same way.
I did read your post carefully and I am countering your assumption that only non-Iranian apps get stuck in App received status. I and sayo_2006 are Iranian and have been in app received status for the past three months... I don't think comparing other VO to Ankara would be a good idea... some VO send AOR (i.e. Vienna) when they receive the app but Ankara doesn't do this... so the only way to tell if Ankara has received our app is by seeing it change to IN PROCESS

Güzelyol

Aug 24, 2012
Toronto88 said:
I did read your post carefully and I am countering your assumption that only non-Iranian apps get stuck in App received status. I and sayo_2006 are Iranian and have been in app received status for the past three months... I don't think comparing other VO to Ankara would be a good idea... some VO send AOR (i.e. Vienna) when they receive the app but Ankara doesn't do this... so the only way to tell if Ankara has received our app is by seeing it change to IN PROCESS
No, the best way to know if Ankara received your application or not is to request your GSMC notes. From mine, I know for sure our application arrived over there a week after sponsorship got approved. I had to wait for almost three months for sponsorship approval and our file has now been sitting in Ankara for five and half months. I was not expecting to see our status changed to "In Process", I was just waiting to get an interview date and this took more than five months. A few days after my husband got the call, eCase updated and showed the interview date, but status is still "Application Received" though. I agree it would be nice from Ankara to send AOR, but they don't, so pay 5$ to get your GCSM notes and study them carefully. Unfortunately, communication is not one of CIC's strengths.

Toronto88

Sep 1, 2012
Toronto
Güzelyol said:
No, the best way to know if Ankara received your application or not is to request your GSMC notes. From mine, I know for sure our application arrived over there a week after sponsorship got approved. I had to wait for amost three months for sponsorship approval and our file has now been sitting in Ankara for five and half months. I was not expecting to see our status changed to "In Process", I was just waiting to get an interview date and this took more than five months. A few days after my husband got the call, eCase updated and showed the interview date, but status is still "Application Received" though. I agree it would be nice from Ankara to send AOR, but they don't, so pay 5$ to get your GCSM and study them carefully. Unfortunately, communication is not one of CIC's strengths.
Thanks for a lot your suggestion. I think I'll give them two more weeks then I'll apply for GSMC notes.
CIC needs to realize how important this process is for us ... many of us spend hours and hours just to get some indication that everything is OK with our app... very careless of them ... actually heartless!

Güzelyol

Aug 24, 2012
Toronto88 said:
Thanks for a lot your suggestion. I think I'll give them two more weeks then I'll apply for GSMC notes.
CIC needs to realize how important this process is for us ... many of us spend hours and hours just to get some indication that everything is OK with our app... very careless of them ... actually heartless!
In the mean time, your eCase status will change to "In Process" ;)