+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Toronto88

Sep 1, 2012
Toronto
Güzelyol said:
In the mean time, your eCase status will change to "In Process" ;)
I really hope so ::)

btw im positive that your husband will get his visa right after the interview especially since ur going with him... :)

Güzelyol

Aug 24, 2012
Toronto88 said:
I really hope so ::)

btw im positive that your husband will get his visa right after the interview especially since ur going with him... :)
I won't be allowed to attend the interview though. And I'll look like a zombie! An Ottawa-Ankara round-trip within five days is somehow crazy, but what else can I do? I really want to go, but can't really go, so my health will suffer a bit :(

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
This immigration process is a good thing, it trains nerves and improves patience, hahaha. I will also wait for another 2-3 weeks and apply for those GMC or whatever notes.

Güzelyol

Aug 24, 2012
Godzilla9 said:
This immigration process is a good thing, it trains nerves and improves patience, hahaha. I will also wait for another 2-3 weeks and apply for those GMC or whatever notes.
Just out of curiosity, are you from Azerbaidjan? Since your wife is, I assume you are also. As my husband is Turkmen (from Afghanistan), I'm somehow interested in all Turkic languages. Actually, I started learning Turkish before I met him. Anyway, I'm pleased to see we're not the only non-Iranian couple out there!

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Güzelyol said:
Just out of curiosity, are you from Azerbaidjan? Since your wife is, I assume you are also. As my husband is Turkmen (from Afghanistan), I'm somehow interested in all Turkic languages. Actually, I started learning Turkish before I met him. Anyway, I'm pleased to see we're not the only non-Iranian couple out there!
So far I know three of us such couples in the waiting queue. :)

E

Erina

Güzelyol said:
Dear my partner is Kurd, he just lives in Iran, youre not the only one

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Erina said:
Dear my partner is Kurd, he just lives in Iran, youre not the only one
Erina jan, what is your partner's nationality? I guess this is how the embassy classifies the applications at the moment.

E

Erina

BCgirl2012 said:
Erina jan, what is your partner's nationality? I guess this is how the embassy classifies the applications at the moment.
Well yeah, he hold Iranian passport, but his parents were not born in Iran, and are not from Persian origin, but true, hes counted as Iranian I suppose.

E

Erina

Güzelyol said:
I already knew about you, my dear, but Georgian is not a Turkic language!
:p Just a suggestion, you could print your comments you have posted in different threads in this forum, to prove that you actually care about your spouse and are worried about this whole process. I hope your lovy gets PPR right after interview... The fact that you're travelling too is very effective, who would do that if the relationship wasn't strong, right ;) ? Good Luck

Galip

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I were you I wouldn't worry about the e-Cas updates. Ankara V.O don't update the e-Cas on time. They also do not send AOR letters such as other Visa Offices.

This is my advice for all Ankara applicants (especially for new applicants)

- Make a very simple application, sign every form correctly and do not skip any question on the forms
- Do not include tons of pictures, chat logs, skype, messanger talks etc. This will give them a big headache. Make everything very simple and in order.
- Double check the immigration forms and documents with using their check list and make sure that nothing is missing
- Pay all fees including your ROLF in advance
- Legally married couples shouldn't worry about too much, but common-law and conjugal applicants have to show enough legal evidence with their files.
- You don't need to hire a lawyer and consultant the process is very easy but..!!

- If you really wanna hire someone as a consultant, hire someone who has an office in Turkey. Ankara V.O may contact with your representative by phone directly when something is missing or needed and this will really shorten your processing.

This is my last 2 cents. Good luck everyone.

alish

May 1, 2012
http://tinyurl.com/76xr8cz
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
08/09/2012
Med's Done....
01-03-2012
Passport Req..
02-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-11/12-2013
LANDED..........
LANDED!!!!!! 02/25/13
hopefully you will get your husbands ppr right after the interview.. honestly this is already so hard and stressful that they put us through and now an interview!! obviously non of them have gone through all this stress :( hopefully in no time you will be granted your ppr for ur husband :) :D hopefully this stress will be over for all of us soon :)

Güzelyol said:
I won't be allowed to attend the interview though. And I'll look like a zombie! An Ottawa-Ankara round-trip within five days is somehow crazy, but what else can I do? I really want to go, but can't really go, so my health will suffer a bit :(

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Güzelyol said:
I already knew about you, my dear, but Georgian is not a Turkic language!
hahaha, my bad! I thought we were discussing nationalities, not languages :D

True, Georgian is not a Turkic language. Apparently, it has its own little family of languages ;)

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Erina said:
Well yeah, he hold Iranian passport, but his parents were not born in Iran, and are not from Persian origin, but true, hes counted as Iranian I suppose.
I guess that's true from CIC's perspective. The ethnicity would be a totally different story- and the question of ethnicity, nationality, identity, etc are things a lot of social scientist have been discussing for a long time. Quite an interesting subject I must say.

Anyways, best of luck to all of us!