+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Vanman

Feb 19, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
BCgirl2012 said:
Hi Vanman,

First, welcome! I wish you and your wife a very quick and smooth process.

As for your questions,

1. The spousal sponsorship class requires medical exams to be done upfront. They go through the documents in CPC-M and check it for completeness. I've seen two ways they deal with the missing medicals, and it just depends on the officer's preference. They will either return the package to you, with a letter asking for a completed package, or they will just contact you and ask you to send them the missing documents. As far as I have seen so far (and hopefully it will be the case for you, as well) both of these ways, preserve your spot in the queue.
Thanks again for your feedback BC Girl! Your feedback spurred us to action and we're on the road to correcting our mistake!!!

I'm seeking a little more guidance or advice if you don't mind. My wife has completed her medical (in record time I think!!! hehe) and has a copy of the confirmation letter for her upfront medical examination. I've tried calling CIC for the last two days to find out how I should proceed, and I've not been able to get through to speak to anyone.

My delimna is this... I mailed our application to Mississauga on Dec 21, 2012. I've not yet received a client number, however I do have the receipt number. I''m afraid that if I send the medical confirmation paper with only a copy receipt and a letter of explanation, that somehow this medical form may not get mated with our application. However, I'm also concerned that if I wait for a client number that our application will be returned to us.

I'm curious about your statement regarding not loosing our position in the queue. How do you know this?

Based on your experience how would you proceed at this point?

Are you aware of any contact phone numbers that are available that can get me around the 1-800 CIC phone #? or even an email address I could make an enquiry to? My searches in that regard have been fruitless.

Thanks in advance.

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Vanman said:
My delimna is this... I mailed our application to Mississauga on Dec 21, 2012. I've not yet received a client number, however I do have the receipt number. I''m afraid that if I send the medical confirmation paper with only a copy receipt and a letter of explanation, that somehow this medical form may not get mated with our application. However, I'm also concerned that if I wait for a client number that our application will be returned to us.

I'm curious about your statement regarding not loosing our position in the queue. How do you know this?

Based on your experience how would you proceed at this point?

Are you aware of any contact phone numbers that are available that can get me around the 1-800 CIC phone #? or even an email address I could make an enquiry to? My searches in that regard have been fruitless.

Thanks in advance.
The thing with the UCI number is that they won't provide a UCI number until they open the package. There is really no way of matching up any new documents you send to what you have already sent, unless you have a UCI or a file number. So at this point, I'd say the best way is to wait for the UCI or the file number.
Fortunately, the current processing time for the spousal is quite short, and if it stays like that, you will hear from them in the next few weeks.

What I mentioned about the place in the queue is based on my observation during the last year here. Basically, when they return the package, most of the time they include a letter with a reference number to return your response to. This means there is a particular officer working on the case, and the file wouldn't go to the end of the pile. I remember only one case that was returned w/o such letter, and that one was a bit different. So like I mentioned, not sending the medicals will cause a delay, but hopefully wouldn't make you start over.

The receipt number is also a way of finding your application, but I would personally wait for the UCI number. Thinking about how many applications they receive per day in CPC-M, I would really be more comfortable sending them info only when I know they can match it properly.

I have also seen cases with medicals missing that the officer contacted them with a request for the missing documents. So really what happens depends on who picks up your file.

Sorry I can't shed more light on this for you. For the phone numbers, I only know the general CIC number. Some people here might be aware of more phone numbers. Maybe you can try posting a new thread with the question about phone numbers? Hopefully someone will know more than us :)

n_zo

Dec 14, 2012
Dear friends I can not believe it , finally they have requested for submission of passportttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt. hope they will ask yours sooon.

sheyda

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 June 2012
AOR Received.
27 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
27 Aug 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012
Passport Req..
15 Jan 2013
n_zo said:
Dear friends I can not believe it , finally they have requested for submission of passportttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt. hope they will ask yours sooon.

congraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaats
can you tell us your timeline please? when you filled your application?

n_zo

Dec 14, 2012
Thanks sheyda, yes sure. I have filed my spouse's application on 21st of Oct 2011, and they have accepted my sponsorship on 8th of Jan2012. But at that time our application was sent to syria, and this is the reason why it takes so long, they have started processing our application on 12th of july2012 , I have paide landing fee on 20th of July 2012. this is the whole process. hope you will be requested for submitting pass sooon

nelly*

Jun 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2012
File Transfer...
23-08-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
Passport Req..
09-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2013
LANDED..........
02/03/2013
n_zo said:
congrats n_zo
good luck

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
n_zo said:
Dear n_zo, Congrats :) I wish you and your spouse a happy life in Canada!

alish

May 1, 2012
http://tinyurl.com/76xr8cz
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
08/09/2012
Med's Done....
01-03-2012
Passport Req..
02-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-11/12-2013
LANDED..........
LANDED!!!!!! 02/25/13
congrats n_zo :) the best news :)
lucky u!!! PRAY FOR US TOOO :d

n_zo said:
Thanks sheyda, yes sure. I have filed my spouse's application on 21st of Oct 2011, and they have accepted my sponsorship on 8th of Jan2012. But at that time our application was sent to syria, and this is the reason why it takes so long, they have started processing our application on 12th of july2012 , I have paide landing fee on 20th of July 2012. this is the whole process. hope you will be requested for submitting pass sooon

n_zo

Dec 14, 2012
alish said:
congrats n_zo :) the best news :)
lucky u!!! PRAY FOR US TOOO :d
alish thank you so much, you don't believe it but as I saw the Email I have prayed for all of you. Hope you will get good news soooon

alish

May 1, 2012
http://tinyurl.com/76xr8cz
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
08/09/2012
Med's Done....
01-03-2012
Passport Req..
02-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-11/12-2013
LANDED..........
LANDED!!!!!! 02/25/13
thank you aziz :) inshala we will all get our ppr's this month :D

n_zo said:
alish thank you so much, you don't believe it but as I saw the Email I have prayed for all of you. Hope you will get good news soooon

slm.tbt

Star Member
May 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

Since I had few posts in this thread, think this one's worth sharing. My wife got the passport request email on December 28, 2012. I was CCed too. Here's the timeline:
- we submitted our docs on March 12
- sponsorship got approved on June 5
- CSQ (for Quebec residents) was sent to Ankara office towards end of June
- ECAS changed to in-process on July 17
- the visa was issued a couple of days ago and will expire on the day of the medical expiry

I hope you all get the golden email very soon and reunited with your loved ones.

Cheers!

Galip

May 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
slm.tbt said:
Guys,

Since I had few posts in this thread, think this one's worth sharing. My wife got the passport request email on December 28, 2012. I was CCed too. Here's the timeline:
- the visa was issued a couple of days ago and will expire on the day of the medical expiry

I hope you all get the golden email very soon and reunited with your loved ones.

Cheers!
Excellent news..!!

Congratulations and good luck..

nelly*

Jun 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2012
File Transfer...
23-08-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
Passport Req..
09-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2013
LANDED..........
02/03/2013
hey everyone,
i just received my PPR :)
i really hope all of u get their PPR very soon, this is the most amazing moment in everyone's life
good luck 2 all of u

nazafarin

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto
slm.tbt said:
Guys,

Cheers!
what a speedy process. congrats a lot. keep your finger crossed to us ;D ;D ;D

nelly* said:
hey everyone,
i just received my PPR :)
i really hope all of u get their PPR very soon, this is the most amazing moment in everyone's life
good luck 2 all of u
ih wat a great news. congrats.

Ankara VO,pleas keep continuing!!!

omidonya

Jan 9, 2013
Hi every body,
I just wait and wait :(
would you please tell me about the process time?
my process time was started from 19 Sep 2012, and still i just wait :-X
And there is no letter sent me for landing fee as well?!!!!!!!
Ao you have any idea? and would you please count me when it will done? :)