+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

n_zo

Dec 14, 2012
alish said:
Hi, I am Iranian but I never recieved this letter from them? ??? ???
Dear Alish
I think it's too soon for you to receive this letter, I have filed my application on oct 2011, and I have received this E-mail on July2012. Don't worry:) Hope you will receive it soon

Güzelyol

Aug 24, 2012
alish said:
Hi, I am Iranian but I never recieved this letter from them? ??? ???
If you already paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (i.e. if you paid $1,040 when you sent your application), you will not receive this letter.

nazafarin

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto
hi everybody
I'm so glad to c Ankara visa office's applicants ;D ;D
I live in Toronto and my husband's being sponsored by me :)
his medical test done on Nov 1st and our file has been received on Dec 21ST.
I checked out Ankara's web site for processing time. I was so surprised. I can't tolerate this time, 16 months :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ It's nonsense.
I've heard some lawyers attempt to complain because the fewer visa ( in comparison with other visa offices) had been allocated to this specific visa office. :-X :-X :-X
Hopefully they'll get good results ;D ;D

alish

May 1, 2012
http://tinyurl.com/76xr8cz
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
08/09/2012
Med's Done....
01-03-2012
Passport Req..
02-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-11/12-2013
LANDED..........
LANDED!!!!!! 02/25/13
Yes yes I paid already :D thank you for the clarification :)
Güzelyol said:
If you already paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (i.e. if you paid $1,040 when you sent your application), you will not receive this letter.

n_zo

Dec 14, 2012
Güzelyol said:
I have paid around 400 $ for RPRF, not 1,040$, are you sure this is the same? Cause I have searched and I have found that RFPR=landing fee. But I am still not sure.

Güzelyol

Aug 24, 2012
n_zo said:
I have paid around 400 $ for RPRF, not 1,040$, are you sure this is the same? Cause I have searched and I have found that RFPR=landing fee. But I am still not sure.
75$ for the sponsorship application
475$ for the main applicant (your spouse)
490$ for the acquisition of permanent resident status
=> 1,040$

The VO will only request you to pay the remaining 490$ (RPRF) if you didn't pay them when you sent your application.

Vanman

Feb 19, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Hi all!

I'm new to your forum.

First let me compliment you all on your contributions to this great forum. Thank you for creating a community which provides a sense of belonging. I don't feel like we're all alone any longer after reading soooo many of your posts. I have a feeling that this forum will become an important part of my and my wife's life in the comming months.

A little background on our situation... I am a Canadian born citizen, living in a suburb of Vancouver. I was introduced to my wife through her sister who lives here in Vancouver, and we courted via the internet and telephone for 9 months. I married my wife, who is an Iranian citizen, in Ankara Turkey in April of 2012. We sent our application to CIC Missisauga on Dec 21, 2012. Now we wait!!!

We preparred our application ourselves, with the help of my wife's brother in law who immigrated to Canada 8 years ago. Each and every step of the application was reviewed meticulously...but now, having read so many of your posts it seems that we may have made a couple of critical errors (heart rate rising!!!).

I'd like to ask a couple of questions:
1) I'd read that my wife would be notified by CIC when/ if she should proceed with the medical exam. It seems from reading your posts that EVERYONE completed this medical exam before they sent their application. Have we somehow made a mistake? Should my wife have completed this medical exam prior to submitting our application?
2)When we paid our fees I did not pay the landing fee. Would you recommend that we do so now in order to avoid a delay later in the process or should we proceed as is?

Again, thank you all for your contributions to this forum and I hope that we can also contribute inthe coming months in order to add to the information data base you are building....it's a great service you are all contributing to!

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Vanman said:
I'd like to ask a couple of questions:
1) I'd read that my wife would be notified by CIC when/ if she should proceed with the medical exam. It seems from reading your posts that EVERYONE completed this medical exam before they sent their application. Have we somehow made a mistake? Should my wife have completed this medical exam prior to submitting our application?
2)When we paid our fees I did not pay the landing fee. Would you recommend that we do so now in order to avoid a delay later in the process or should we proceed as is?
Hi Vanman,

First, welcome! I wish you and your wife a very quick and smooth process.

As for your questions,

1. The spousal sponsorship class requires medical exams to be done upfront. They go through the documents in CPC-M and check it for completeness. I've seen two ways they deal with the missing medicals, and it just depends on the officer's preference. They will either return the package to you, with a letter asking for a completed package, or they will just contact you and ask you to send them the missing documents. As far as I have seen so far (and hopefully it will be the case for you, as well) both of these ways, preserve your spot in the queue.

2. This is entirely your choice. They will, at some point, contact you to pay the fees, but you can pay it at anytime before that. We chose to pay it upfront to minimize the possible delay. I think you are looking at a delay of a few weeks, tops.

Hope this helps.

Vanman

Feb 19, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Thanks BCgirl!

I feel like a putz for missing this info regarding the medical requirements although from my point of view, it isn't very clear to be honest.

From what I've read since seeing your latest post here, it would appear that my wife isn't required to fill out any forms prior to the medical exam, but that these will be done by the medical practiitioner as a result of the changes with the GCMS. Am I correct in my interpretation of these new rules?

Are you in the lower mainland?

Take care and thanks again...best of luck to you and yours!

n_zo

Dec 14, 2012
Güzelyol said:
75$ for the sponsorship application
475$ for the main applicant (your spouse)
490$ for the acquisition of permanent resident status
=> 1,040$

The VO will only request you to pay the remaining 490$ (RPRF) if you didn't pay them when you sent your application.
Thank you so much for the explaination

BCgirl2012

May 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Med's Done....
16-12-2011
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
Vanman said:
Thanks BCgirl!

I feel like a putz for missing this info regarding the medical requirements although from my point of view, it isn't very clear to be honest.

From what I've read since seeing your latest post here, it would appear that my wife isn't required to fill out any forms prior to the medical exam, but that these will be done by the medical practiitioner as a result of the changes with the GCMS. Am I correct in my interpretation of these new rules?

Are you in the lower mainland?

Take care and thanks again...best of luck to you and yours!
Don't worry! It's such a big amount of paperwork that it's not really surprising if something is overlooked. They have removed the form to fill for medical (it used to be in the region specific guide, if I remember correctly. I just checked the new stuff in CIC's website, and the new version doesn't have it.)
The place I found they refer to it, is on the checklist, look for item number 27
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5491E.pdf

So, yes. It seems to me the medical office will have the forms, and they will hand her the receipt of the medical tests. This is what CIC will need from you.
I'm sure the medical office will have the newest instructions, but of course it never hurts to check beforehand :)

I live in the inland area.

Best wishes, and Happy New Year!

nazafarin

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto
A good new !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#
one of Ankara's applicant received Pass Request mail :D :D :D :D :D :D
it is her time table:
We received your application to sponsor -- on December 1, 2011.We sent you a letter on January 31, 2012 about the decision on your application. We started processing -- application on February 24, 2012. Medical results have been received. CSQ 2 August. Landing Fee 15June. medical 3november expired and extend until 3nov 2013. passport request 3jan 2013

alish

May 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
08/09/2012
Med's Done....
01-03-2012
Passport Req..
02-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-11/12-2013
LANDED..........
LANDED!!!!!! 02/25/13
Congrats to them :D thats soooo good Ankara has started working hard again :D hopefully soon we will all get our ppr's :D

nazafarin said:
A good new !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#
one of Ankara's applicant received Pass Request mail :D :D :D :D :D :D
it is her time table:
We received your application to sponsor -- on December 1, 2011.We sent you a letter on January 31, 2012 about the decision on your application. We started processing -- application on February 24, 2012. Medical results have been received. CSQ 2 August. Landing Fee 15June. medical 3november expired and extend until 3nov 2013. passport request 3jan 2013

nazafarin

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto
alish said:
Congrats to them :D thats soooo good Ankara has started working hard again :D hopefully soon we will all get our ppr's :D
Yeah... it is good for u not me :( because I sent our application less than a month and have a long way to hear PPR :mad:
But it shows that Ankara VO are going to reduce processing time for applicants. ;D ;D

alish

May 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
08/09/2012
Med's Done....
01-03-2012
Passport Req..
02-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-11/12-2013
LANDED..........
LANDED!!!!!! 02/25/13
Inshala yours will be over soon as well :) be positive :) the less we think about it the faster it goes by :)
good luck :)

nazafarin said:
Yeah... it is good for u not me :( because I sent our application less than a month and have a long day to hear PPR :mad:
But it shows that Ankara VO are going to reduce processing time for applicants. ;D ;D