Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
16-Feb-2016 submitted 22-Feb-2016 PP received on 23-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-Mar-2016, PP dispatch 31 March, Call for Collection 01-Apr-2016
LANDED..........
Inn-Sha-Allah soon
Salam, I have applied my wife's visitor visa while I was in Pakistan and her visa was rejected for many reasons. I have a son who is a Canadian citizen. Now I am in Canada want my wife to apply again for visit; what should she do in this regard, I mean what documents she shows to the Visa Office in Islamabad? My wife is housewife.

ipoo

Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office (15-June-2015) File Received at CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015 & Decision Made on 09/02/2016
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
17-07-2015
IELTS Request
None-Not Required
File Transfer...
24-08-2015
Med's Request
No-Remedical
Med's Done....
02-06-2015 Upfromt
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
16-Feb-2016 submitted 22-Feb-2016 PP received on 23-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-Mar-2016, PP dispatch 31 March, Call for Collection 01-Apr-2016
LANDED..........
Inn-Sha-Allah soon
@ qxoil my wife is just a house wife, 12th grade pass, never done any job, she is raising my son

M

mikeymyke

It's going to be really tough for you because your wife has no job, and she has a husband and child back in Canada, way too strong family ties in Canada. Very little incentive to want to return to Pakistan.

Waqar290

Jul 14, 2014
Hi All,
I am Waqar Ahmed applied trv documents based on 08 May 2014 and it's been almost 73 days passed.
I need to travel to USA in the beginning of August.
What I should do know how many time it will take to complete the process?
Await you suggestions.
Waqar Ahmed

SNSMTL

Jul 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My mother in law applied for TRV on May 15 from Lahore, paper based, no updates till todate. As per cic, 46 working days time delay have been reached. Is it +ve to have delays??
Hoping Insha Allah that she gets her visa any time soon.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Waqar290 said:
Hi All,
I am Waqar Ahmed applied trv documents based on 08 May 2014 and it's been almost 73 days passed.
I need to travel to USA in the beginning of August.
What I should do know how many time it will take to complete the process?
Await you suggestions.
Waqar Ahmed
You should email them giving your situation and all details (Name, DOB, passport number, file number if you have, address, email, phone number etc.)
The duration they mention is usually for working days - not net days. Right now is the peak time for student visas which have higher priority than visit visas. So i expect visit visas to be processed slowly and with lesser priority. At times they accommodate things like urgency for travel. But you have to communicate with them NOW via email since even urgent processing would take 10 days or so at least.

Generally speaking it is a bad idea to have overlapping plans of travel. They might suggest you to get your passport back for travel and submit it latter again if / once you are near approval.

Lastly, if you are in such a situation, you should always apply online. That way your actual passport is only with CIC when they send you a passport request (instead of the whole duration of application) and you do not get that at all in case of refusal.

Dost_Dost

Star Member
May 23, 2014
ipoo said:
@ qxoil my wife is just a house wife, 12th grade pass, never done any job, she is raising my son
Sir I am not expert but I am giving you my opinion I hope it will help.
There are some things to consider
1. On what grounds your wife's TRV has been rejected by VO ,address them in your next application and try to satisfy the officer.
2. The other thing is okay your wife is housewife ,does she own some property here? she can show its papers to prove her ties with home country.
3. Before applying (some months) she can take addmission in any college ,and then she can show her registration etc to ensure VO that she has intention to come back.
4. Apply for 3 weeks max. if she does not have any travel history.
5.Have you applied for her immgration yet or not?If yes than you should wait till sponsorship approval.
6. You can get letter from you MP to support your wife's TRV application.
Thank you

Waqar290

Jul 14, 2014
Dear FKL,
Thank you very for your time and detail reply.
I already sent email to embassy last week and describe them all the details about my traveling but did not get any reply from them.
I also mentioned all the details in my covering letter when i applied.
What i should do know?

Waqar

khansalmankk

May 22, 2014
applied for TRV on 22 May 2014 .. 43 working days gone. 3 days left. yet no response from our beloved Canadian Embassy/Visa Office .. :mad:

can anyone tell that how long Visa Office will take to respond ?

Waqar290

Jul 14, 2014
khansalmankk said:
applied for TRV on 22 May 2014 .. 43 working days gone. 3 days left. yet no response from our beloved Canadian Embassy/Visa Office .. :mad:

Hi I applied on 08 May 2014 and still waiting

qxoil

Feb 25, 2010
Allhumdolilah!!! i got my passport back with multiple visa for 20 months valid till my passport validity

time line
application submitted online on 09th june
biomatrics done on 10th of june at VAC isb
passport request 14th july
passport submitted 15th july
collected passport 22nd july today.

i hope this time line for help u guys and i personally advice u guys to submitted application online.its much quicker then paper application.
all the best to all

qanoot

Jul 22, 2014
Hi my parents got a visit visa to Canada,

On the paper it says "FPA = Fees Paid Abroad" what does this mean?

khansalmankk

May 22, 2014
Waqar290 said:
khansalmankk said:

Hi I applied on 08 May 2014 and still waiting
we are in a same boat .. paper application takes ages to process.. should have applied online. atleast one should not have to wait for 75 days .. :(