18-02-2015 (Online)
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015 (Multiple 4 Years)
LANDED..........
Landed
HI Puma3114,

As per CIC, processing time is 46 days as written on website. Your case is looking strong. If you got response from embassy that your application is in under process then you should wait and dont send any email from your side or your sponsor side to embassy. All government institutions in Canada including Citizenship and Immigration Canada are bound by the Privacy Act to protect the privacy of clients. According to section 8(1) of the act, personal information under the control of a government institution cannot be disclosed without the written consent of the individual to whom it relates. So, Unfortunately CIC cannot disclose any personal information until the process is completed.

Thanks

Puma3114 said:
Hi waqar sb,
Am traveling alone, my all previous visits are business and deals in medical machinery sale here in Islamabad. I also submit my previous purchases document along with my application. Previous I purchased same machines from Germany, Singapore and France and uk. I meet this Canadian vendor at exhibition in Germany he have some refurbished machines, so I wAs I touch with this gentlemen for last two months I also attached my email conversation.
Do you have any idea about processing time coz my Canadian vendor also send couple of email to embassy to know about my application status and embassy replied that your application is in process and review and within processing time. What should I do?
Your comments pls
quote author=waqar.ahmad150 link=topic=149265.msg3320815#msg3320815 date=1405020722]
HI Puma3114,

First of all, file number is assigned to each application and this is basically a reference number. As per your detail, i think your case is balanced, and i am hopeful that you will get good news inshallah. Can you please clarify some details to clear more confusions:

1) Are you visiting alone or with family?
2) What is the nature of your business visit? is there any conference or expo in Canada?
2) What was the purpose of your previous visits? Tourist or Business trips??

APAK

Nov 7, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2012
File Transfer...
Transferred to ottawa in Nov 2012,transferred to ISB july 2013
LANDED..........
cannot wait!!
Hi! I am traveling on TRV to Canada. I got multiple visa for three years.
Can I take all my gold jewelry along?
I have a couple of heavy gold sets. Can I take them? I know the customs department Is v strict. How much can I take so I don't get taxed?

APAK

Nov 7, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2012
File Transfer...
LANDED..........
cannot wait!!
I applied April 15 n got my passport back today with visa stamped. For those asking . Alhamdolilah.

APAK

Nov 7, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2012
File Transfer...
LANDED..........
cannot wait!!
Also, can I work part time while on trv?

MK00004

Star Member
Sep 12, 2010
Apak u not eligible to work on trv as far ad your gold is concerned if u go on PR you suppose to declare all ur goods at CBSA but at this point i dont think so

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
APAK said:
Hi! I am traveling on TRV to Canada. I got multiple visa for three years.
Can I take all my gold jewelry along?
I have a couple of heavy gold sets. Can I take them? I know the customs department Is v strict. How much can I take so I don't get taxed?
Technically you can take any thing along whose value is declared properly and you can prove you are in ownership of that.

If the gold you are carrying is worth more than 10k CAD, you need to properly tell CBSA in advance (you would actually declare that on the declaration card that you get about 15 minutes before landing in Canada as distributed by the airlines).

Ideally you should be carrying receipts of purchase. Since that is usually quite difficult, it is better to take your gold to a jeweler, ask him to make a sheet of estimation listing items, their weight, approximate price and give you that sheet on his letter head. That is proof of what you are bringing along with you from Pakistan. Again remember that if you are carrying cash or any other form of liquid assets (such as jewelry) which exceeds in value over 10K CAD, you have to declare it before hand.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
APAK said:
]]salaam Guys! I got trv. Will get my passport Tom inshallah. I want to know when will the duration of trv b stamped and wat about single/multiple? Where ill all of this b stamped. At the embassy/vac or at. The port of entry Canada airport???
WS APAK, congratulations. Probably you know that by now already. But all visit visas are now considered for multiple entries by default. Period of validity depends on lots of factors including validity of passport.

Visit visa comes stamped from the embassy. The only further stamps that you get on your passport are a) Exit / entry stamps from Pak and b) Entry stamps in Canada (CBSA does not stamp you for exit - this is the same in the US).

qxoil

Feb 25, 2010
hello all
today finally i got message to submit my passport. i applied last month on 09th of june and biomatrics dont next day on 10th of june and today 14th of july i got passport request. so i will go to islamabad VAC and sumit my passport they will charge their fees 1660 Rupees called service charges. i dont how long i will get my visa valid for. my passport expiry in march 2017.
any question you are welcome . i am not an expert but i can give you a bit of advice the thing i know.
salam to all

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
qxoil said:
hello all
today finally i got message to submit my passport. i applied last month on 09th of june and biomatrics dont next day on 10th of june and today 14th of july i got passport request. so i will go to islamabad VAC and sumit my passport they will charge their fees 1660 Rupees called service charges. i dont how long i will get my visa valid for. my passport expiry in march 2017.
any question you are welcome . i am not an expert but i can give you a bit of advice the thing i know.
salam to all
Hi qxoil,

Thanks for sharing the info. Did you get request to do biometrics next day or simply went and did it yourself?

Regards,

qxoil

Feb 25, 2010
hi there,
as soon as i submitted my application online i got two emails immigiataly. one conformation that my application been submitted and with ref no. 2nd one was biomatrics requested with same ref no and bar code.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
qxoil said:
hi there,
as soon as i submitted my application online i got two emails immigiataly. one conformation that my application been submitted and with ref no. 2nd one was biomatrics requested with same ref no and bar code.
Good luck and thanks for the response.
Can anyone else vouch for the same process? Is bio-metrics due right away? My mother-in-law is not close to a VAC so maybe I should plan for her to be close by if this is the process.

qxoil

Feb 25, 2010
biomatrics is compolsury for pakistani natioanl there is no age relaxation. where about ur mother in law lives in pakistan. there are three centres lahore karachi and islamabad. she can visit any1

Waqar290

Jul 14, 2014
Dear All,
I applied TRV on 9th May, 2014 and still not get my passport back from embassy.
I also mentioned in my covering letter that i am going to USA in the first week of August to attend an exhibition.
Now i need my passport till 30th July to travel to USA. I sent an email to embassy couple of weeks ago and they said my application is under process and review.
I need your advice what i should do know? I have three option as follow.
1- Send an email to embassy to expedite my case as i need to travel to USA.
2- Send my passport back for two weeks and continue your process i will send back to you after my trip to USA.
3- I can also withdrawn my application to get my passport back?

Please advice what i should do know i wish to travel to USA on 03rd August 2014.

Application files: 08-05-2014
Almost 67 days gone.

Waqar Ahmed

qxoil

Feb 25, 2010
waqar @. i applied 9th of june and yesterday i got orignal passport request. i have submitted my orignal passport to the VAC isb. and inshallah i get my back in a week time. i can understand where u r coming from its effecting your travel plans. if i were u i should have sent email and a fax to the consular section canadian embassy islamabad. stating urgent. just do.....