Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Dear ZafarulBd Bhai,

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks
Jackdaw

zafrulbd said:
Dear Jackdaw,

Don't worry about this landing fee because before they want landing fee after gating MR so now they will want landing fee and send MR at a time .its not big problem for you .Nothing is bad in your file you are under 20,000.just wait for good news.

sMark

Star Member
Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
Doc's Request.
June 2010
AOR Received.
July 2010
Med's Request
11 Oct, 2012
Med's Done....
22 Oct, 2012
zafrulbd said:
Dear all Applicant 2006 &2007,

Its a proposal Finance Minister Jim Flaherty if it is come to CIC site in Media Center then we believe it is Pass by Immigration minister Mr Kenny, otherwise don't worry just wait and see what will be next taking Canada Government final decisions .

Federal budget 2012: Immigration reforms to speed entry of economic immigrants

OTTAWA—The federal government is wiping out a waiting list of more than 200,000 foreign workers and returning the $130 million they paid in processing fees as it begins an ambitious overhaul of the country's immigration system.

Hopeful immigrants who applied before Feb. 27, 2008, to come to Canada as skilled workers will have their fees returned and be told to apply again under new programs that put greater emphasis on their work skills.

The news has already created shockwaves among immigration lawyers and consultants, who anticipated myriad legal actions against the government.

“It is another example of the lack of integrity and shortsightedness of this government,” said Toronto lawyer Tim Leahy, who filed a class action lawsuit earlier this year on behalf of more than 300 immigration applicants over delayed processing.

“What does it say about the integrity of Canada? We can refund the processing fee, but how are you going to refund six years of lives of these applicants?”

Calling the plan “unprecedented,” lawyer Robin Seligman said the government should have first stopped the intake to clear the backlog. Prospective migrants might now think twice before applying to Canada, she added. “How can you trust this government?”

The drastic move is meant to eliminate a backlog that means skilled workers have had to wait upwards of eight years to get into Canada.

READ MORE: Federal budget

From Collect: http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/politics/article/1153793--federal-budget-2012-immigration-reforms-to-speed-entry-of-economic-immigrants

OTTAWA - Almost 300,000 people who applied before 2008 to come to Canada are being told they'll need to try again.

Their applications are being returned and $130 million worth of fees being refunded as the government seeks to eliminate a backlog they say has been standing in the way of major reform to the immigration system.

"Canada risks losing the global talent competition for the world's best and brightest as potential immigrants choose to take their skills to other counties with more responsive immigration systems rather than remain in the queue to have their applications process in Canada," Thursday's budget said.

Changes made to the federal skilled workers programs by Immigration Minister Jason Kenney since 2008 have seen a greater focus on bringing in workers with specific skills to fill labour shortages.

But many of those who applied before that date have seen their applications languish in the system. They'll now be told they can either reapply under the new rules or try their luck via the provincial nominee programs.

At the same time, the government will seek to find a balance between bringing immigrants to Canada to fill open jobs and making sure regions with high unemployment look to Canadians first.

see detail : http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/canada/feds-move-to-eliminate-immigration-backlog-by-returning-applications-144958485.html
In the history of immigration in Canada, I think this is the most unfortunate and sad event. When I first saw that news in this forum, I could not believe. Still it will require the approval from the parliament and hopefully it will not pass.

sMark

Star Member
Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
Doc's Request.
June 2010
AOR Received.
July 2010
Med's Request
11 Oct, 2012
Med's Done....
22 Oct, 2012
Dr.Hasib said:
FInally it's official, it' on CIC's Media center

News Release – Government of Canada transforms economic immigration program

Ottawa, March 30, 2012 — To create a fast and flexible immigration system that creates jobs and promotes Canada's long term prosperity, the Government of Canada will eliminate the backlog in the main federal economic immigration program.
Hi Dr.Hasib,

I really appreciate your presence in this forum in this crucial time. Hopefully everything is going on well in Canada.

This news is not sensitive to the pre 27th Feb, 2008 only, but also to every later group (MI1, MI2, MI3). With the introduction of this event, all the later groups' members will be in tension as well, thinking that if somehow immi application file is in backlog, he or she will be in deep trouble.

By the way, please make some predictions about the group members who applied after 27th Feb, 2008, as you know, now-a-days SVO is acting really slow. And specifically give some advices for the pre-june applicants who did not get any "date" in their "in process" status.

Thanking you in advance.

nkshumon

Jan 2, 2012
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
Doc's Request.
26-01-2010
AOR Received.
03-05-2010
IELTS Request
sent with application.
File Transfer...
24-04-2010 / in process since 27 march 2012 /Decition made on 17/9/12
Med's Request
17-06-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Interview........
Weived
Passport Req..
12/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
19/9/2012
LANDED..........
07-11-2012
I saw many senior members are post about this backlog matter and its really a matter to think , here i post 2 question answer from cic site.

[size=10pt]Would I be affected if CIC removes the FSW backlog?[/size]

Under the proposed changes, CIC would close Federal Skilled Worker applicants' files if they:

applied before February 27, 2008, and

have not had a decision made by an immigration officer based on selection criteria by March 29, 2012.
(information on selection criteria is below)

We expect this would affect around 280,000 people including dependents.

If the proposed law is passed, CIC would begin to return the full amount of fees paid by affected FSW applicants.

Q3.[size=10pt] Is there any reason I would not get my refund?[/size]

The proposed changes are intended to be retroactive to March 29, 2012. If an immigration officer had refused your application based on selection criteria before that date, you will not get a refund.

i think its easy to understand for all .

Thanks
NKADER

taken from- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/notice-qa.asp

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
sMark said:
Hi Dr.Hasib,

I really appreciate your present in this forum in this crucial time. Hopefully everything is going on well in Canada.

This news is not sensitive to the pre 27th Feb, 2008 only, but also to every later group (MI1, MI2, MI3). With the introduction of this event, all the later groups' members will be in tension as well, thinking that if somehow immi application file is in backlog, he or she will be in deep trouble.

By the way, please make some predictions about the group members who applied after 27th Feb, 2008, as you know, now-a-days SVO is acting really slow. And specifically give some advices for the pre-june applicants who did not get any "date" in their "in process" status.

Thanking you in advance.

Dear Smark,
If this new legislation gets approved by Parliament then it would be worst news for pre Feb 2008 applicants. However, it will create positive effect on MI 1,2,3 applicants. VO will have less applications therefore processing time for MI 1,2,3 applicants will be significantly reduced. Processing time of MI 1,2,3 applications will drop to 6-12 months if this new rule is implemented.

There is a saying in bangla “ Karo shorbonash, karo poushmash”

farima

Star Member
Jan 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April, 2006
Doc's Request.
Nov, 2010
Med's Request
19th July, 2011
Med's Done....
18th Aug, 2011
Passport Req..
27th Sep, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
24th Oct, 2011
LANDED..........
28 April 2012
are hasib vai je! kothai apni BD or CA. how is everything. Jant..ullu ta deki faka mathe goal dei

creator

Star Member
Jul 27, 2011
Dhaka,Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear seniors/experts,

Need an urgent suggestion regarding the pssport submission for visa stamping.

I received the PPR on 27 march, 2012, and now the time to submitt the passport to CHC. All the passports are hand written and those are valid till june,2015.

Mean while I applied for Machine readable passport (MRP) earlier of this month.But the MRP's are not ready yet.

But my question is "should I submitt the old Passport for visa stamping or get the MRP then submitt both."
OR if I submitt the old one and get visa then can take delivery the MRP and can use both stapled together- is there any problem for airport immigration or else where ? both the passport and visa's will be valid ?

It will be very helpful and appreciated.

thanks

Creator.

Teaspoon

Jan 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
creator said:
Dear seniors/experts,

Need an urgent suggestion regarding the pssport submission for visa stamping.

I received the PPR on 27 march, 2012, and now the time to submitt the passport to CHC. All the passports are hand written and those are valid till june,2015.

Mean while I applied for Machine readable passport (MRP) earlier of this month.But the MRP's are not ready yet.

But my question is "should I submitt the old Passport for visa stamping or get the MRP then submitt both."
OR if I submitt the old one and get visa then can take delivery the MRP and can use both stapled together- is there any problem for airport immigration or else where ? both the passport and visa's will be valid ?

It will be very helpful and appreciated.

thanks

Creator.
The passport which u submitted in svo , try to keep it same. why are you creating un necessary trouble for yourself.

you can do it later stage , hope this make sense and help you.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Q3. Is there any reason I would not get my refund?

The proposed changes are intended to be retroactive to March 29, 2012. If an immigration officer had refused your application based on selection criteria before that date, you will not get a refund.

Q4. What does a "decision based on selection criteria" mean?

A "decision based on selection criteria" means that an immigration officer:
has assessed your FSW application
against the points grid, and
has made a decision on whether or not you meet the selection criteria of the program.
Currently, the pass mark is 67 points out of a grid worth 100 points. The grid considers the person's:

ability in English and/or French
education
work experience
whether they have a job already arranged in Canada (arranged employment), and
how well they might adapt to living in Canada (which awards points for things like previous work or study in Canada, spouse's education and relatives in Canada).
If your application is successful, you would move to the next phase (i.e. admissibility). At that point you would be checked against health, security and criminality requirements before being allowed to enter Canada.

If you do not score at least 67 on the FSW points grid, your application would be refused and CIC would inform you of the decision.

It means your status must have reached IN PROCESS with a date to get bypassed from this proposed law. an I/O asses your file only when you see your Ecas reaches IN PROCESS with a date of commencement of processing

Q5. How would I get my refund?

More details on the proposed change will be announced soon. Once the proposal is approved through Parliament, CIC will begin to return the fees.

Details will be available on the CIC website.

Q6. What options would I have if my application is removed from the backlog?

If your file is closed by CIC, you may re-apply under the current FSW criteria. If you have the skills Canada needs now, your application would likely be processed much faster – new FSW applications are processed within 6-12 months.

===
Things should be clear now.

hotobhaga

Star Member
Oct 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
NOC Code......
Sales
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18th dec 2006
Doc's Request.
Dec 2009
File Transfer...
Feb 2010
Med's Request
Dekha nai
LANDED..........
Aladiner Cherag
deba_avik said:
Dear Hotobhaga bhai,
So far, you applied in 2006 and sent documents in Feb 2010. So you fall under 3 explained by Hasib bhai. Zafrulbd bhai, Badal789 bhai, NilB apu were also in the same boat. Hope you understand from the nice explanation by Dr. Hasib. BTW, can you plz update your forum profile information?
Thanks to deva Avik. So nice of you.
3 explanation of Dr Hasib bhai was excellent.

Ameer

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
In Process since March 05, 2012
Med's Done....
Waiting
hotobhaga said:
Thanks to deva Avik. So nice of you.
3 explanation of Dr Hasib bhai was excellent.

Ameer
Thanks for updating................

hotobhaga
Star Member

Ratings: +3
[Good] [Poor]

Category........: FSW1
Visa Office......: singapore
NOC Code......: Sales
App. Filed.......: 18th dec 2006
Doc's Request.: Dec 2009
File Transfer...: Feb 2010
Med's Request: Dekha nai
LANDED..........: Aladiner Cherag

Lolllllzzzzzzzzz

soarer

Aug 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have got a problem.
I sent a bank draft of Dutch-Bangla bank for my child, but the visa office returned it to me and asked me to send a new one drawn from Standard Chartered Bank. But, I do not have any account in the Standard Chartered Bank and now I wish to pay via Credit Card of Standard Chartered Bank.

Could anyone please brief the procedure for the payment through credit card?

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
In Process since March 05, 2012
Med's Done....
Waiting
soarer said:
Hi,

I have got a problem.
I sent a bank draft of Dutch-Bangla bank for my child, but the visa office returned it to me and asked me to send a new one drawn from Standard Chartered Bank. But, I do not have any account in the Standard Chartered Bank and now I wish to pay via Credit Card of Standard Chartered Bank.

Could anyone please brief the procedure for the payment through credit card?
Online pay:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

If you don't have an account in SCB, no problem. You can do it without an account.

jackdaw_flick

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Dear Deba Avik Bhai,

I have one question, out of 20000 whose assessment done
how they can understand they got the pass or not.

CIC informed already to those applicant about their situation,
or all (those application would be revert) the FSW applicants having the staus is "in- process" .

Would you pls. advise regarding this.

Thanks
Jackdaw

deba_avik said:
Thanks for updating................

hotobhaga
Star Member

Ratings: +3
[Good] [Poor]

Category........: FSW1
Visa Office......: singapore
NOC Code......: Sales
App. Filed.......: 18th dec 2006
Doc's Request.: Dec 2009
File Transfer...: Feb 2010
Med's Request: Dekha nai
LANDED..........: Aladiner Cherag

Lolllllzzzzzzzzz

soarer

Aug 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deba_avik said:
Online pay:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

If you don't have an account in SCB, no problem. You can do it without an account.
Thank you very much.
All the branches of SCB do bank draft or there any specific branch for it?
Please reply.