Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/04/2010
Doc's Request.
06/07/2010
Nomination.....
Full Docs sent date - 02/09/2010
AOR Received.
06/07/2010 (1st AOR), 06/09/2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
13/07/2010
Med's Request
06/07/2012 (Received 12/07/2012)
Med's Done....
28/07/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/10/2012
Hi,

Need some help from you guys.

I have sent my updated docs early this month and the deadline also gone past in the second week of this month. In the third week I joined a new job, should I notify SGVO about this update? Please note that I have already have 13 years job experience and sent necessary papers before.

Robindesbois

Feb 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: FSW Backog Reduction Pilot (Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program, AINP)

shofiul72 said:
As of late we are concern the FSW Backlog Reduction Pilot that is to nominate FSW applicants with experience in key occupations under provincial nominees program.In line with this,02 days back I had a letter issued by issued by AINP entails:
Citizenship and
Immigration Canada Case Processing pilot-Ottawa/
219 Laurier Ave, west 7th Floor
Ottowa, Ontario, Canada
Dear Md. Islam
This is reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) Program received on 1/16/2007.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is persuing a number of initiatives which may offer alternative avenues to permanent residence in Canada for Application currently awaiting FSW processing. To this end, CIC has engaged provincial and territorial governments, who share immigration jurisdiction in Canada, on an FSW backlog reduction Pilot. The aim of this pilot is to nominate FSW applicants with experience in key occupations under provincial nominees program.

CIC would like to advise you that Alberta is currently interested in Applicants with work experience in a field that matches a National Occupation Classification Code is identified in your FSW application. As such, you may wish to consider contacting Alberta about being considered for nomination under the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Progra.

Your application to the AINP is entirely voluntary, There is no additional fee to apply to the AINP. If you decide to apply for consideration and you are nominated by Alberta, this could result in an earlier VISA issuance for you. Should be successful in receiving a nomination from Alberta, your file will be processed as a Provincial Nominee and your FSW application will be withdrawn. If you do not wish to apply to the AINP or if the AINP does not nominate you, your application will remain in the FSW backlog until it comes up for processing.

As a Provincial Nominee applicant you would still be required to meet admissibility criteria as set out in Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.If CIC determines that you do not meet these criteria and are inadmissible for a permanent resident visa will be refused.

The criteria and the document checklist for the AINP FSW Backlog Reduction pilot is available www.albertacanada.com/fswpilot . Applications must be received at the AINP office by June 1st 2012. The AINP will not accept applicants under this initiative after June 1st 2012.

Complete Instructions on how to apply to the AINP under this Pilot are available at www.albertacanada.com/fswpilot . please note that incomplete applications received by the AINP will be returned. The AINP will be accepting a limited number of complete applications under this Pilot. The AINP does not guarantee that all complete applications received by the AINP will be assessed or that all applicants who meet the AINP Pilot Criteria will be issued a nomination. The AINP will provide a written response to all individuals who apply.
Submission of an AINP application or nomination by the AINP does not gurantee you will be issued a Permanent Resident Visa.

Sincerely,
Centralized Processing region-Ottawa

Applying for Consideration under the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)

You need to mail this form with your application. Please make sure you include this document as the cover page.

However, o work in one of four occupations in need in Alberta:
 NOC 0211 – Engineering Managers
 NOC 2131 – Civil Engineers
 NOC 2132 – Mechanical Engineers
 NOC 0911 – Manufacturing Managers

My NOC was 2131 and I applied on Jan, 2007.I will have to send all necessary docs before on 1st June,2012. Now I am only 02 months in hand to sit for IELTS and do overall band score6.5. If I become nominate by fullfilling all requirements of AINP I will be get final decision on october 31, 2012.
Now I am planning to sit for IELTS on May 12. Should I do qualifying score then must send all papers to AINP before on June 01.
Has any body who are in backlog had this letter so far?
Shofiul
Dear Mr. Shofiul,

Go ahead. Prepare all the papers and submit those to AINP. Otherwise, They will return your application after June 2012.

Only God will help us.
Robin

BDimmigrants

Aug 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
app reached 28.07.2011
Doc's Request.
all sent along with application
AOR Received.
PER received on 26/10/11 2nd AOR through snail mail on 28th NOV, Got inprocess on March 29
IELTS Request
Send along with application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
collected passport on 11.02.13
LANDED..........
Inshallah 2013
Dear forum members,
ALHAMDULLILLAH
i got inprocess today

paglababa

Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2009
Doc's Request.
20-02-2010
AOR Received.
10-04-2010
IELTS Request
26-11-2010
File Transfer...
26-11-2010
Med's Request
10-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2011
LANDED..........
Feb/March 2012
Got G licence today ! just in 4 weeks !

zafrulbd

Jun 21, 2010
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore now change to Manila(07-05-2015)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 -06-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
Nomination.....
30-09-2014
AOR Received.
16 April 2015
IELTS Request
23-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-05-2015
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-5-2015 Received 23 May 2015 Decision made-29.May 2015
Interview........
23-12-2013
Passport Req..
09-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Delivery 26 August (Visa issue 27 july 2015 thanks to ALLAHA)
LANDED..........
22 October 2015
Canada scraps some skilled immigrant applications

OTTAWA, (Reuters) – Canada plans to eliminate a backlog of stale immigration applications by skilled workers, in a potentially controversial move designed to enable immigrants whose skills are in greater current demand to enter the country faster.

Some Canadian employers have complained that backlogs have hobbled the immigration system and made it unable to respond nimbly to demand for foreign workers in higher growth sectors like video-gaming and the oil patch.

Finance Minister Jim Flaherty said yesterday that Canada now plans to return almost all of the 300,000 foreign skilled worker applications that were filed before February 27, 2008, along with their C$130 million ($130 million) in fees. Some have been waiting for a decade or more.

Flaherty made the announcement in his annual budget, saying the reforms would make the system faster and more efficient.

“We will ensure it is designed above all to strengthen Canada’s economy. As a result we will be better able to fill gaps in our labor force,” Flaherty told the House of Commons in his budget speech.

It is an irony that national unemployment is running at more than 7 percent while certain industries face labour shortages, but such employers may be looking for people with certain skills not found among most of the unemployed.

But someone who applied in 2001 may not have the skills needed in 2012, and if she or he was 42 when they applied would now be 53 and have fewer working years.

Canada has traditionally welcomed high numbers of immigrants. The country lets in 250,000 people a year and because of its below-replacement birth rate it will eventually rely on immigrants for any growth in its labour force.

It has a total backlog of one million would-be immigrants, about 460,000 of whom are skilled workers. Also in the backlog are applications by family members of recent immigrants, as well as investors and entrepreneurs.

The government allows 75,000 skilled workers to immigrate each year. In 2008, Ottawa started fast-tracking new applications by skilled workers but it quickly had to put a cap on those in order to be able to work through those still in the queue.

As a result of the measures announced yesterday, it will be able to raise the number of applications it fast-tracks, with a planned eventual turn-around time of six months.

It had already told those in the backlog that they were welcome to withdraw their applications and reapply under the new rules. But if their skills are now in less demand, their chances of acceptance will also be lower.

The budget also announced somewhat less developed plans to revamp the rules under which investors can immigrate. Previously, they were required to invest large sums of money with Canadian governments. But the intention now is to require them to invest directly in the economy.

Reference : sun day Stabroke news
: http://www.stabroeknews.com/2012/news/breaking-news/03/29/canada-scraps-some-skilled-immigrant-applications/

zafrulbd

Jun 21, 2010
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore now change to Manila(07-05-2015)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 -06-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
Nomination.....
30-09-2014
AOR Received.
16 April 2015
IELTS Request
23-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-05-2015
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-5-2015 Received 23 May 2015 Decision made-29.May 2015
Interview........
23-12-2013
Passport Req..
09-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Delivery 26 August (Visa issue 27 july 2015 thanks to ALLAHA)
LANDED..........
22 October 2015
Dear all Applicant 2006 &2007,

Its a proposal Finance Minister Jim Flaherty if it is come to CIC site in Media Center then we believe it is Pass by Immigration minister Mr Kenny, otherwise don't worry just wait and see what will be next taking Canada Government final decisions .

Federal budget 2012: Immigration reforms to speed entry of economic immigrants

OTTAWA—The federal government is wiping out a waiting list of more than 200,000 foreign workers and returning the $130 million they paid in processing fees as it begins an ambitious overhaul of the country’s immigration system.

Hopeful immigrants who applied before Feb. 27, 2008, to come to Canada as skilled workers will have their fees returned and be told to apply again under new programs that put greater emphasis on their work skills.

The news has already created shockwaves among immigration lawyers and consultants, who anticipated myriad legal actions against the government.

“It is another example of the lack of integrity and shortsightedness of this government,” said Toronto lawyer Tim Leahy, who filed a class action lawsuit earlier this year on behalf of more than 300 immigration applicants over delayed processing.

“What does it say about the integrity of Canada? We can refund the processing fee, but how are you going to refund six years of lives of these applicants?”

Calling the plan “unprecedented,” lawyer Robin Seligman said the government should have first stopped the intake to clear the backlog. Prospective migrants might now think twice before applying to Canada, she added. “How can you trust this government?”

The drastic move is meant to eliminate a backlog that means skilled workers have had to wait upwards of eight years to get into Canada.

READ MORE: Federal budget

From Collect: http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/politics/article/1153793--federal-budget-2012-immigration-reforms-to-speed-entry-of-economic-immigrants

OTTAWA - Almost 300,000 people who applied before 2008 to come to Canada are being told they'll need to try again.

Their applications are being returned and $130 million worth of fees being refunded as the government seeks to eliminate a backlog they say has been standing in the way of major reform to the immigration system.

"Canada risks losing the global talent competition for the world's best and brightest as potential immigrants choose to take their skills to other counties with more responsive immigration systems rather than remain in the queue to have their applications process in Canada," Thursday's budget said.

Changes made to the federal skilled workers programs by Immigration Minister Jason Kenney since 2008 have seen a greater focus on bringing in workers with specific skills to fill labour shortages.

But many of those who applied before that date have seen their applications languish in the system. They'll now be told they can either reapply under the new rules or try their luck via the provincial nominee programs.

At the same time, the government will seek to find a balance between bringing immigrants to Canada to fill open jobs and making sure regions with high unemployment look to Canadians first.

see detail : http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/canada/feds-move-to-eliminate-immigration-backlog-by-returning-applications-144958485.html

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
In Process since March 05, 2012
Med's Done....
Waiting
osti said:
Hi friends,

I need your advise please.

I applied under 0631 restaurant manager, I was requested for interview at Sing VOfor work related, I have 2 concerns:
Currently am working in Singapore As restaurant general manager, I couldn't find this title in noc lists , but basically it's same like restaurant manager but ur involved in marketing , PNLS, capital expenses as well as normal duties of restaurant manager and with higher annual wage 70000$and above while restaurant manager wage 60k$ and above (Singapore pay scale).

Am confused if the officer will not count me Noc 0631 restaurant manager?

2nd query :
I worked previously and unfortunately in a hotel in Dubai 2002 till 2006 , I was working as restaurant manager for almost 4 years but the employer didn't allow me to switch jobs ( slavery rules there) so I left the job and didn't ask for experience letter , just want to get rid of them,
This hotel has changed its name and management .
Now I cannot prove to visa office I was restyrant manager during that time except for residence visa stamp on my passport stating Iam restaurant manager in that company. Do u think th officer will believe this truth?

On the other hand I have 4 years experience with documented letters from employers from 2006 till 2010 that I was working as restaurant manager.
And I have my current job letter in In Singapore tht am working as Restaurant Generl Manager for the past 1 year , and btw my restaurant is opposite to the embassy! I can see the cars bringing the files on daily basis!!

Can u advise me guys please?

Thx
Hi Osti,

They definitely are not satisfied with the docs you submitted as your work experience. Think and arrange proofs as much as possible to prove that you worked there previously. Only the visa does not confirm that you worked there for the position you mentioned.

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Waiting
newyear said:
Hi,

Need some help from you guys.

I have sent my updated docs early this month and the deadline also gone past in the second week of this month. In the third week I joined a new job, should I notify SGVO about this update? Please note that I have already have 13 years job experience and sent necessary papers before.
No. If your contact address or correspondence email address is changed, then inform them, otherwise no need to knock.

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Waiting
zafrulbd said:

Its a proposal Finance Minister Jim Flaherty if it is come to CIC site in Media Center then we believe it is Pass by Immigration minister Mr Kenny, otherwise don't worry just wait and see what will be next taking Canada Government final decisions .

OTTAWA—The federal government is wiping out a waiting list of more than 200,000 foreign workers and returning the $130 million they paid in processing fees as it begins an ambitious overhaul of the country's immigration system.

Hopeful immigrants who applied before Feb. 27, 2008, to come to Canada as skilled workers will have their fees returned and be told to apply again under new programs that put greater emphasis on their work skills.

The news has already created shockwaves among immigration lawyers and consultants, who anticipated myriad legal actions against the government.

“It is another example of the lack of integrity and shortsightedness of this government,” said Toronto lawyer Tim Leahy, who filed a class action lawsuit earlier this year on behalf of more than 300 immigration applicants over delayed processing.

“What does it say about the integrity of Canada? We can refund the processing fee, but how are you going to refund six years of lives of these applicants?”

Calling the plan “unprecedented,” lawyer Robin Seligman said the government should have first stopped the intake to clear the backlog. Prospective migrants might now think twice before applying to Canada, she added. “How can you trust this government?”

The drastic move is meant to eliminate a backlog that means skilled workers have had to wait upwards of eight years to get into Canada.

From Collect: http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/politics/article/1153793--federal-budget-2012-immigration-reforms-to-speed-entry-of-economic-immigrants

OTTAWA - Almost 300,000 people who applied before 2008 to come to Canada are being told they'll need to try again.

Their applications are being returned and $130 million worth of fees being refunded as the government seeks to eliminate a backlog they say has been standing in the way of major reform to the immigration system.

"Canada risks losing the global talent competition for the world's best and brightest as potential immigrants choose to take their skills to other counties with more responsive immigration systems rather than remain in the queue to have their applications process in Canada," Thursday's budget said.

Changes made to the federal skilled workers programs by Immigration Minister Jason Kenney since 2008 have seen a greater focus on bringing in workers with specific skills to fill labour shortages.

But many of those who applied before that date have seen their applications languish in the system. They'll now be told they can either reapply under the new rules or try their luck via the provincial nominee programs.

At the same time, the government will seek to find a balance between bringing immigrants to Canada to fill open jobs and making sure regions with high unemployment look to Canadians first.

see detail : http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/canada/feds-move-to-eliminate-immigration-backlog-by-returning-applications-144958485.html
Very very sad to know everything, bro. Its totally injustice.

newyear

Star Member
Jan 12, 2012
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/04/2010
Doc's Request.
06/07/2010
Nomination.....
Full Docs sent date - 02/09/2010
AOR Received.
06/07/2010 (1st AOR), 06/09/2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
13/07/2010
Med's Request
06/07/2012 (Received 12/07/2012)
Med's Done....
28/07/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/10/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/10/2012
deba_avik said:
No. If your contact address or correspondence email address is changed, then inform them, otherwise no need to knock.
Thanks brother.

hotobhaga

Star Member
Oct 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
NOC Code......
Sales
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18th dec 2006
Doc's Request.
Dec 2009
File Transfer...
Feb 2010
Med's Request
Dekha nai
LANDED..........
Aladiner Cherag
Thanks jafrul bhai for keeping us update. Those who applied end of 2006, they were advised to submit all documents including IELTS. I am one of them like jahangir bhai, asif bhai and you. NOW is it possible for them to eliminate our files? i know that applicants of 2007 did not get any advice from them to submit documents with IELTS.now we and those who was not advised to submit documents will be treated in a same way. it should not be fair.

Pls share your views on this matter.

Ameer

zafrulbd said:

Its a proposal Finance Minister Jim Flaherty if it is come to CIC site in Media Center then we believe it is Pass by Immigration minister Mr Kenny, otherwise don't worry just wait and see what will be next taking Canada Government final decisions

osti

Star Member
May 27, 2009
Hi deba_avik

My job xperience as follow:
2002-2006 restaurant manager ( I have no evidence to prove except for business card I still have as souvenir)
2006-2009 restaurant manager ( have letter from employer )
2009-2010 restaurant manager ( have letter from employer)
2010-todate restaurant general manager( have documents)
I have claimed 21 points for 4 years experience in noc0631 restaurant manager , I have employment verifications letters from employers that covers from 2006 to date which is more than 4 years .

Do u think if i was very honest with them, well due to the job conflict with employer in Dubai I left without getting all my dues and I didn't ask for a reference letter as we were leaving on bad terms therefore I cannot prove it but my passport bears a stampso f residence during that time as restaurant manager.

How about the period 2006 to date , it's all with supporting documents covered , do u think they will refuse my application coz I couldn't get proof of work between 2002 and 2006? But even without this period I still can claim 21 points as its more than 4 years.

Also I forgot to mention in my application sent to CIC that once I applied visa to USA and got rejected , shall I tell them now in the interview about it?

Thx

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
zafrulbd said:

FInally it's official, it' on CIC's Media center

News Release – Government of Canada transforms economic immigration program

Ottawa, March 30, 2012 — To create a fast and flexible immigration system that creates jobs and promotes Canada's long term prosperity, the Government of Canada will eliminate the backlog in the main federal economic immigration program.

“The Federal Skilled Worker Program backlog is a major roadblock to Canada's ability to respond to rapidly changing labour market needs,” said Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney. “Having to process applications that are as many as eight years out of date reduces our ability to focus on new applicants with skills and talents that our economy needs today.”

As announced in Economic Action Plan 2012, Citizenship and Immigration Canada is planning to refund fees and return stale applications from nearly all those applicants who applied under the dated criteria in existence before February 27, 2008.

CIC is transforming its suite of economic immigration programs to create a just-in-time system that recruits people with the right skills to meet Canada's labour market needs, fast tracks their immigration, and gets them working in a period of months, not years. Eliminating the longstanding backlog of FSW applications will allow the Department to focus resources on facilitating the arrival of skilled immigrants who apply under the current eligibility criteria.

Under proposed legislation, CIC will close the files of FSW applicants who applied before February 27, 2008, and for whom an immigration officer has not made a decision based on selection criteria by March 29, 2012. This is expected to affect around 280,000 applicants, including their dependants. CIC will begin the process of returning the full amount of fees paid to the Department by these affected FSW applicants. For those who have passed the selection criteria stage – approximately 20,000 people – CIC will continue processing their applications until they are approved for entry into Canada or not.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-03-30a.asp

Please note that, it's a proposal and yet to be approved by Parliament. Once the proposal is approved through Parliament, CIC will begin to return the application & fees.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
hotobhaga said:
Thanks jafrul bhai for keeping us update. Those who applied end of 2006, they were advised to submit all documents including IELTS. I am one of them like jahangir bhai, asif bhai and you. NOW is it possible for them to eliminate our files? i know that applicants of 2007 did not get any advice from them to submit documents with IELTS.now we and those who was not advised to submit documents will be treated in a same way. it should not be fair.

Pls share your views on this matter.

Ameer
Hotobhaga bhai,

your application might not be returned only if your application has passed the selection criteria stage

Raj_Hoque

Feb 13, 2012
Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
December 30, 2012
zafrulbd said:

OTTAWA—The federal government is wiping out a waiting list of more than 200,000 foreign workers and returning the $130 million they paid in processing fees as it begins an ambitious overhaul of the country's immigration system.

This is very Sad and Unjust for those who have really wait for long time to serve and settle in Canada. All their worries, frustration and tense gone in vein. May I wish them to bear this and fight back by re-applying.

Raj_Hoque