ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
I sent the first page of the passport (personal information, photo) and the latest h1b visa stamped...

jpadz said:
To everyone who already submitted their application to CIC:

Which part of the passport did you send? Did you include the pages stamped with visas?
Please confirm. Thanks.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
It depends on the visa office where you file your case... below is the link for the different visa office instructions
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-application.asp#visa_offices

I hope this helps

alberta1978 said:
stlguy said:
All,

I received my nomination today.

My file number is 37x and my NOC is 2171

Here is my timeline :

APINP Invitation Pkg Received - Nov 10, 2008
Sent APINP Application - Nov 17, 2008
Tracked online (Delivered) - Nov 18, 2008
Received File Number - Nov 25, 2008
Date of the nomination letter - Jan 13 2009
Arrive at home - Jan 26 2009

Thanks for all the help! This is a great forum.
Congrats stlguy. For the benefits of others who are still waiting for the nomination, can you please tell us what all documents and other proofs are needed for CIC process so that we can start preparing.
If possible can you please provide some links or a list of documents that would be needed to be send alongwith the CIC documents; and what can we start preparing now...

jpadz

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
thanks inge!

anyone in the forum who sent the copies of their passport pages showing H1B visa also?

thank you.

bibo

Jan 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
Doc's Request.
25-11-2009
Nomination.....
30-11-2009
AOR Received.
17-07-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
No Reply on This??
please let us know so we can prepare everything on time.

thank you

alberta1978 said:
stlguy said:
All,

I received my nomination today.

My file number is 37x and my NOC is 2171

Here is my timeline :

APINP Invitation Pkg Received - Nov 10, 2008
Sent APINP Application - Nov 17, 2008
Tracked online (Delivered) - Nov 18, 2008
Received File Number - Nov 25, 2008
Date of the nomination letter - Jan 13 2009
Arrive at home - Jan 26 2009

Thanks for all the help! This is a great forum.
Congrats stlguy. For the benefits of others who are still waiting for the nomination, can you please tell us what all documents and other proofs are needed for CIC process so that we can start preparing.
If possible can you please provide some links or a list of documents that would be needed to be send alongwith the CIC documents; and what can we start preparing now...

h1bholder

Jan 29, 2009
Re: Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders)

All

I want to apply for the Strategic Recruitment Stream pilot program For H-1B Holders Category. Can anyone tell me what does the certified copy means when I mail all the documents they are asking for .Should all the documents be notarized?

Thanks.

C

cchabert

If the documents are not in English, they have to be translate and then notarized, all the copies of your H1B or I-797 or passport education etc. have to be notarized, I use Bank of America. Hope this help.

Peace!

h1bholder

Jan 29, 2009
cchabert said:
If the documents are not in English, they have to be translate and then notarized, all the copies of your H1B or I-797 or passport education etc. have to be notarized, I use Bank of America. Hope this help.

Peace!

Thanks.It does help.

seljem

Star Member
Aug 15, 2008
Hi,

Did anyone apply Police clearance certificate from Indian consulate in New York? How much time it will take? Please share your experience.

And also is there any other way to get Birth certificate other than Indian consulate? I dont have my Birth certificate and trying to find the alternative

Thanks

stlguy

Star Member
Oct 21, 2008
seljem said:
Hi,

Did anyone apply Police clearance certificate from Indian consulate in New York? How much time it will take? Please share your experience.

And also is there any other way to get Birth certificate other than Indian consulate? I dont have my Birth certificate and trying to find the alternative

Thanks
I applied for mine in Chicago, It is more than 30 days now and i have not heard from them.

With regards to the birth certificate, the alternate option is to ask the parents to go to the Corporation office in the district you were born and sign an affidavit to get the birth certificate. That might be quicker.

aayaz

Nov 17, 2008
Hi,
dnataraj can u please explain wat sort of property in my home country can be used to show my funds. I have a home in my home country which is registered in my mother's name not my name, can i use that home in anyway with the help of some affidavit or ........ to show my funds. im very worried abt this problem and badly need ur advice. Anyone's advice is appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

dnataraj said:
kangster and all,

I am also here.

Today, I called my lawyer to withdraw my FSW. He was asking me to wait for two weeks, and if my AOR comes by then, I can inform CIC to convert my case to PNP. In fact the letter from PNP also suggests to convert the existing FSW.

This is what I did.
I called PNP office (the program officer who signed the approval letter) and asked him whether I can withdraw my FSW and apply fresh. He said I can do that but however, conversion might save some time.

This is what I feel.
If I wait I am losing time. I applied for FSW on July 4th and on trackitt I saw the last person who got conditional AOR had applied on 18th June.

If I wait and and if AOR comes, I am not sure whether I need to pay CIC fee again. Its 550x2 CAD.

And if AOR comes, I have to pay the lawyer his fee (CAD 3500 of which I have paid 500 already).

I am just waiting to collect some documents and probably submit to CIC by 20th of this month. By then I will apply for Police certificates (I need from 3 countries apart from FBI). However I will not wait for police certificates.

For proof of funds I am submitting the valuation of my property (home) in my home country. Hope this should be fine. If they need liquid cash I will have to arrange in 2-3 months time.

Any tips?

-dnataraj

C

cchabert

These funds could be in the form of:

* cash
* securities in bearer form (for example, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills) or
* negotiable instruments in bearer form (for example, bankers’ drafts, cheques, travellers’ cheques or money orders).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

No houses or land.

Hope this help

stlguy

Star Member
Oct 21, 2008
For people who have sent the acknowledgement fax from US to Canada.

Is the international calling code for Canada same as that of US (+1)

All i did was prefixed the number that was there in the document with a 1 and sent it over. It seemed to have worked. I just wanted to make sure it goes to a canadian fax machine and not somewhere here in US.

Is that how others sent too?

C

cchabert

I do the same (+1) I think is the same, I have a Fax confirmation just in case, but let see if someone else mention something about it.

C

cchabert

Hey guys Did someone know if the proof of funds need to be at the applicants name? or the wife funds will be fine?