+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

C

cchabert

ingegarcia said:
That is correct you need to check what is the vested balance of your 401k, most of the companies set 5 years to have access to 100% of your balance. But even if you are 100% vested or you have access to 100% of your money... you are still subject to what "V" described in the previous comments... It is actually 10% penalty for early withdrawal minus 20% for taxes, so it would come down to around 30%.. Additionally if you want to withdraw 100% of that money you need to resign/get fired/layoff.....

So if you have 10 dollars in your account you might end up with 6-7 dollars or even less if you are not 100% vested.....
As V said if you are going to present your 401k as a proof of funds you should call/contact your mutual funds company to find out how much you are eligible for at the moment of your resignation.

I hope this helps....

BTW I am not an expert either...

V said:
I would be somewhat careful with 401K because it is taxable when you withdraw the funds. If your 401K statement shows you have a certain amount, say $11,000, when you decide to with draw the funds some of it may be subject to taxation and some may be subject to a 10% penalty for early withdrawal. Therefore, the amount that shows in your 401K statement may not entirely be unencumbered and transferable. Therefore, I suggest that you use your 401K as a proof of fund only if you have an amount that is reasonably higher than your minimum fund requirement to account for taxation and penalty.

I am not an expert, and this is just my opinion.

Good luck

V
For short.....Start saving!

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
Hi,

Today, I have sent complete application package - including the AINP application (AINP009) and Photocopies of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) forms to Edmonton, AB. Hope to hear from them soon & keep you posted.

Thanks
Kale

bb0310

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Are we supposed to send back a photocopy of the CIC forms to Edmonton? I got my nomination December 1st week and I don't remember this requirement? Does any of the older nominees can comment on this?

Thanks.

email2kale said:
Hi,

Today, I have sent complete application package - including the AINP application (AINP009) and Photocopies of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) forms to Edmonton, AB. Hope to hear from them soon & keep you posted.

Thanks
Kale

A

Albertagoverner

bb0310 said:
Are we supposed to send back a photocopy of the CIC forms to Edmonton? I got my nomination December 1st week and I don't remember this requirement? Does any of the older nominees can comment on this?

Thanks.

Once you have recieved nomination, send CIC forms originals to Buffalo, New York.

email2kale said:
Hi,

Thanks
Kale

bb0310

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Yes, I know that. What I'm asking is if we need to send photocopies of CIC forms to Edmonton (AINP)?

Albertagoverner said:
bb0310 said:

Thanks.

Once you have recieved nomination, send CIC forms originals to Buffalo, New York.

email2kale said:
Hi,

Thanks
Kale

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Yes when you are applying to AINP you send copies of the CIC forms to Alberta. You keep the originals and once you get your nomination you send them along with the other documents/letters, etc to the CIC office...

I hope this helps
bb0310 said:

Thanks.

email2kale said:
Hi,

Thanks
Kale

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
ingegarcia is right.

As per AINP009 form effective from 01-01-2009, we have to send photocopies initially & once confirmed nomination then have to send the originals as per theirs instructions:

Complete the following CIC forms, photocopy the forms, and then include the PHOTOCOPY with this application. Keep the originals.

A

Albertagoverner

email2kale said:
ingegarcia is right.

As per AINP009 form effective from 01-01-2009, we have to send photocopies initially & once confirmed nomination then have to send the originals as per theirs instructions:

Complete the following CIC forms, photocopy the forms, and then include the PHOTOCOPY with this application. Keep the originals.

That's true

akk

Sep 2, 2008
For those ones who got nominated already,

Is anyone else trying to find a job in Alberta or that would be just be?

Akk

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
I am ... I've sent several resumes to job postings in monster.ca and other job sites.... so far no luck :(

Any suggestion is welcome!!

akk said:

Akk

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
Has anyone who applied after 01-01-2009 heard any update from ALBERTA?

A

Albertagoverner

email2kale said:
I don't know whether you recieved email or not but there were 1267 unread email in AINP Immigration email Inbox and they replied for 456 emails. Unfortunately you were not in those 456 emails.

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
Thanks Albertagoverner! I just sent my package yesterday so I can imagine the scene there with your stats... Do you think we will get some update within 60 days with current figures? or it could go be beyond this timeframe mentioned.

Regards,
Kale.

Albertagoverner said:
email2kale said:
I don't know whether you recieved email or not but there were 1267 unread email in AINP Immigration email Inbox and they replied for 456 emails. Unfortunately you were not in those 456 emails.

A

Albertagoverner

email2kale said:
Thanks Albertagoverner! I just sent my package yesterday so I can imagine the scene there with your stats... Do you think we will get some update within 60 days with current figures? or it could go be beyond this timeframe mentioned.

Regards,
Kale.

Definitely, You will get some update within 60 Days, Actually staff was out. Now they have full staff.

Albertagoverner said:
email2kale said:

akk

Sep 2, 2008
I've sent around 80 resumes so far, the only guy that called was for a position in Qatar (even though the company is in Alberta), hehehe
I am afraid that economic crises also hit Canada...maybe that's why they are not calling....

Are you writing your legal status on the cover letter (that you got nomination, and blablabla)?
I am not, and I am worry that they don't evaluate about my resumes since I am not in Canada... One lady reply saying that I commit a mistake and the job was for Canada and not US.
Some resume tips say to not put anything related to legal status to work....I am now confused since no one is calling or writing...

Akk

ingegarcia said:
I am ... I've sent several resumes to job postings in monster.ca and other job sites.... so far no luck :(

Any suggestion is welcome!!

akk said:

Akk