+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Hi,

Yes I did, and by the way thank you for sharing your comments and for the link you sent.

Akk

Albertagoverner said:
ingegarcia said:
I am ... I've sent several resumes to job postings in monster.ca and other job sites.... so far no luck :(

Any suggestion is welcome!!

akk said:
For those ones who got nominated already,

Is anyone else trying to find a job in Alberta or that would be just be?

Akk
I am also trying to get Job in Alberta. Did you mention your US address in resume?

A

Albertagoverner

akk said:
Hi,

Yes I did, and by the way thank you for sharing your comments and for the link you sent.

I am planning to have 1 year Certificate course in Oil and Gas Management from Universities in Alberta and since I already have a JD MBA degree from US University, So the combination will open Door for Oil and Gas Industry. Because after some research I found out that there are certain positions in Oil and Gas Industry which don't lead to be Geologist or Drilling and Exploration Guy. Basically as Exploration manager I will be managing the Oil field where drilling and exploration is going on. It is pretty much like a IT Project Manager who just track the status of Project in MS Project and manage the requirements in requisitePro, He doesn't have to be a Developer or Programmer.
Akk

Albertagoverner said:
ingegarcia said:
I am ... I've sent several resumes to job postings in monster.ca and other job sites.... so far no luck :(

akk said:

Akk
I am also trying to get Job in Alberta. Did you mention your US address in resume?

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Somebody with JD/MBA still needs to get more education to find a job in Alberta? Wow, that is scary. I am very worried now. I do not see much hope with my MPA degree and a little bit of work experience as a Business Systems Analyst (1 year 5 months). But who knows if they are ever going to send me the nomination certificate.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Yes I mentioned my US address in my resume and monster profile...

BTW a friend of mine, who got already the Canadian PR, entered his resume in monster.ca. He include his cousin's Canadian address and telephone in his profile... early this week he sent a couple of resumes... and to his surprise 2 companies contacted him for an interview. One is in Quebec and another one in Calgary. Funny think is that all of this happened because he was laid off this week so he started looking for a job there...

Not sure what to think about that... :|

akk said:
I've sent around 80 resumes so far, the only guy that called was for a position in Qatar (even though the company is in Alberta), hehehe
I am afraid that economic crises also hit Canada...maybe that's why they are not calling....

Are you writing your legal status on the cover letter (that you got nomination, and blablabla)?
I am not, and I am worry that they don't evaluate about my resumes since I am not in Canada... One lady reply saying that I commit a mistake and the job was for Canada and not US.
Some resume tips say to not put anything related to legal status to work....I am now confused since no one is calling or writing...
Akk

ingegarcia said:

akk said:

Akk

A

Albertagoverner

nix1 said:
Somebody with JD/MBA still needs to get more education to find a job in Alberta? Wow, that is scary. I am very worried now. I do not see much hope with my MPA degree and a little bit of work experience as a Business Systems Analyst (1 year 5 months). But who knows if they are ever going to send me the nomination certificate.
It is not about qualification it is about "What they need and What we have" JD MBA is good for Corporate legal careers. But the province where we are moving, I don't think they have any need from Corporate legals who will fight for Contractual laws, Damages and Compensation. etc. They have two major industry construction and Oil & Gas Industry. And as H1B Nominated Green Card holder I will not move from Alberta for at least 2-3 years. So I have decided to go to Oil and Gas Industry where I can get at least a job.

A

Albertagoverner

Albertagoverner said:
nix1 said:
It is not about qualification it is about "What they need and What we have" JD MBA is good for Corporate legal careers. But the province where we are moving, I don't think they have any need from Corporate legals who will fight for Contractual laws, Damages and Compensation. etc. They have two major industry construction and Oil & Gas Industry. And as H1B Nominated Green Card holder I will not move from Alberta for at least 2-3 years. So I have decided to go to Oil and Gas Industry where I can get at least a job.

One more reason, I also want to have some Canadian qualification in resume and University Professers and other staff members can be my reference within Alberta, Canada. Having a Canadian certificate, diploma plus A Canadian reference might make a difference.

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Albertagoverner said:

One more reason, I also want to have some Canadian qualification in resume and University Professers and other staff members can be my reference within Alberta, Canada. Having a Canadian certificate, diploma plus A Canadian reference might make a difference.
Albertagoverner, I don't mind going back to school in AB that will help me get insight into O&G industry. Do you know if UofAB has some Diploma / certificate courses around O&G industry?

Thanks,
Taps

A

Albertagoverner

Tapak said:
Albertagoverner said:

Albertagoverner, I don't mind going back to school in AB that will help me get insight into O&G industry. Do you know if UofAB has some Diploma / certificate courses around O&G industry?

Thanks,
Taps
There is a one program offered in Oil & Gas administration but it is offered by a private college. But it is a good program:

http://www.reevescollege.ab.ca/oil-and-gas-administrative-assistant.cfm

akk

Sep 2, 2008
I can't believe this course includes:

-Intro to the internet
-PowerPoint
-Spreadsheets
-Word processing...etc

What a waste of time and money..
The other classes are interesting, but not worth to pay to get those basic classes....
Those classes should be in a module like "introduction to computers" or something like that..and not on the oil and gas courses....
Anyway, thanks for sharing...

Akk

Albertagoverner said:
Tapak said:
Albertagoverner said:

Thanks,
Taps
There is a one program offered in Oil & Gas administration but it is offered by a private college. But it is a good program:

A

Albertagoverner

akk said:
I can't believe this course includes:

-Intro to the internet
-PowerPoint
-Spreadsheets
-Word processing...etc

What a waste of time and money..
The other classes are interesting, but not worth to pay to get those basic classes....
Those classes should be in a module like "introduction to computers" or something like that..and not on the oil and gas courses....
Anyway, thanks for sharing...

Akk

The Purpose of this course is to get you an very basic entry as a clerk in Oil & Gas administration. Since it is a Private College in canada and "Average High school pass Canadians" start their career in Oil & gas industry where they learn that How to send email... and create Power point slides.....along with the "Introduction to oil fields or Documentation in drilling and exploration.

Albertagoverner said:
Tapak said:
Albertagoverner said:

Thanks,
Taps

Flori

Star Member
Sep 18, 2008
For those already looking for a Job in Canada, but that are still living in the USA. One recommendation I could give them is that you guys try as much as you can to give a Canadian adress and phone number whenever you are applying for a job in Canada, even if u stated u live outside the country, always leave a contact number inside Canada. This recommendation I got also from my lawyer, and some recruiters. So if you can get a friend or family in Canada who adress and phone number you could use, or even from ppl from here who has friends or family over there who are willing to help.

yrinaldy

Star Member
Sep 26, 2008
Just sent all AINP nomination paperworks + FBI + State Certificate + all documents to CIC.

Will post timeline and all CIC inquiries if any.

Good luck to all.

mythdot

Oct 29, 2008
Flori said:
For those already looking for a Job in Canada, but that are still living in the USA. One recommendation I could give them is that you guys try as much as you can to give a Canadian adress and phone number whenever you are applying for a job in Canada, even if u stated u live outside the country, always leave a contact number inside Canada. This recommendation I got also from my lawyer, and some recruiters. So if you can get a friend or family in Canada who adress and phone number you could use, or even from ppl from here who has friends or family over there who are willing to help.
Another option would be to set up a virtual phone number in Edmonton or Calgary. I did a search in google with "virtual canadian phone number" and came across the following sites
www.voipvoip.com/virtual-phone-number/canada.html
www.aitelephone.com/call-forwarding-call-my-canada-number.html
www.segwaycommunications.com/virtualoffice-canada.html Cost $20.00 / month.
If anyone finds a free site like grandcentral please let us know.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Thank you!, this sounds like a good option for me since I don't have family nor friends in Canada.... :))

mythdot said:
Flori said:
Another option would be to set up a virtual phone number in Edmonton or Calgary. I did a search in google with "virtual canadian phone number" and came across the following sites
www.voipvoip.com/virtual-phone-number/canada.html
www.aitelephone.com/call-forwarding-call-my-canada-number.html
www.segwaycommunications.com/virtualoffice-canada.html Cost $20.00 / month.
If anyone finds a free site like grandcentral please let us know.

Flori

Star Member
Sep 18, 2008
Have u guys heard of anyone who has had a negative answer after passing the pre-assessment stage?.