+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Email2kale,

Please use this other forum, which is related to people that are still applying and waiting for PNP (the alberta nomination). This is your case, right?
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/strategic-recruitment-stream-alberta-pnp-t9132.1450.html

This forum here is for people that already got nominated and are now applying or already apply for CIC.

Thanks,
Akk

email2kale said:
Thanks Albertagoverner! I just sent my package yesterday so I can imagine the scene there with your stats... Do you think we will get some update within 60 days with current figures? or it could go be beyond this timeframe mentioned.

Regards,
Kale.

Albertagoverner said:
email2kale said:
Has anyone who applied after 01-01-2009 heard any update from ALBERTA?
I don't know whether you recieved email or not but there were 1267 unread email in AINP Immigration email Inbox and they replied for 456 emails. Unfortunately you were not in those 456 emails.

A

Albertagoverner

akk said:
I've sent around 80 resumes so far, the only guy that called was for a position in Qatar, hehe
I am afraid that economic crises also hit Canada...maybe that's why they are not calling....

Are you writing your legal status on the cover letter (that you got nomination, and blablabla)?
I am not, and I am worry that they don't evaluate about my resumes since I am not in Canada... One lady reply saying that I commit a mistake and the job was for Canada and not US.
Some resume tips say to not put anything related to legal status to work....I am now confused since no one is calling or writing...

Akk

ingegarcia said:
I am ... I've sent several resumes to job postings in monster.ca and other job sites.... so far no luck :(

Any suggestion is welcome!!

akk said:
For those ones who got nominated already,

Is anyone else trying to find a job in Alberta or that would be just be?

Akk
Dear akk:

It's not recession but its Canada. Jobs are extremely competitive. Here if you go to Dice you find 50-60 thousand jobs but there not more than 20,000 jobs. Getting a Job will require Candian Qualifications, Strong North American accent and work at least one year in entry level job then will get right placement.

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Hi Albertagoverner,

I also thought about about everything you said before writing...
The problem is that no one here (or most of us here) don't have Canadian experience (jus US, maybe it is similar,maybe not), also we cannot go there to make an interview (which makes it even more difficult).
I was also considering applying for entry level positions, but the problem is that it is clear on the doc Alberta sent us that the job we got MUST be on the specific NOC.
I don't care about getting a job in a lower level that I have it right now, but I think Alberta will care and will not give the temporary permit.
I think the program should be different, because if they are so desperate for workers why do not give a temporary permit right away and let us go to Alberta and find a job.
Like I said, 80 resume sent and no single answer for a high demand area...something is weird and frustrating.

Akk

Albertagoverner said:
akk said:
I've sent around 80 resumes so far, the only guy that called was for a position in Qatar, hehe
I am afraid that economic crises also hit Canada...maybe that's why they are not calling....

Are you writing your legal status on the cover letter (that you got nomination, and blablabla)?
I am not, and I am worry that they don't evaluate about my resumes since I am not in Canada... One lady reply saying that I commit a mistake and the job was for Canada and not US.
Some resume tips say to not put anything related to legal status to work....I am now confused since no one is calling or writing...

Akk

ingegarcia said:
I am ... I've sent several resumes to job postings in monster.ca and other job sites.... so far no luck :(

akk said:

Akk
Dear akk:

It's not recession but its Canada. Jobs are extremely competitive. Here if you go to Dice you find 50-60 thousand jobs but there not more than 20,000 jobs. Getting a Job will require Candian Qualifications, Strong North American accent and work at least one year in entry level job then will get right placement.

A

Albertagoverner

akk said:
Hi Albertagoverner,

The problem is that no one here (or most of us here) don't have Canadian experience (jus US, maybe it is similar,maybe not), also we cannot go there to make an interview (which makes it even more difficult).
I was also considering applying for entry level positions, but the problem is that it is clear on the doc Alberta sent us that the job we got MUST be on the specific NOC.
I don't care about getting a job in a lower level that I have it right now, but I think Alberta will care and will not give the temporary permit.
I think the program should be different, because if they are so desperate for workers why do not give a temporary permit right away and let us go to Alberta and find a job.
Like I said, 80 resume sent and no single answer for a high demand area...something is weird and frustrating.

Akk

wait a minute.... Did you get Alberta SRS H1B PNP or regular PNP ?

Albertagoverner said:
akk said:

Akk

ingegarcia said:

akk said:

Akk
Dear akk:

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Please try to answer out of the quote, hehe..I didn't know there was a question form me... :)

I applied under H1B AINP program, I already have my nomination and already applied for CIC..

Akk

Albertagoverner said:
akk said:
Hi Albertagoverner,

Akk

wait a minute.... Did you get Alberta SRS H1B PNP or regular PNP ?

Albertagoverner said:
akk said:

Akk

ingegarcia said:

akk said:

Akk
Dear akk:

bb0310

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Yes, that is true. I guess the Canadian companies are filtering out those applicants that doesn't have a Canadian address. Since most of the job search engine, you'll need to enter your address information.

akk said:
Hi Albertagoverner,

Akk

Albertagoverner said:
akk said:

Akk

ingegarcia said:

akk said:

Akk
Dear akk:

A

Albertagoverner

ingegarcia said:

akk said:

Akk
I think getting a full time job Directly with end client is going to be difficult. There also we will have to go through the route of small consulting companies and build relations with the client. check this:

http://www.list-company.com/company/list/i075230-r030010/11/Programming-Alberta-Canada.shtml

A

Albertagoverner

bb0310 said:
Yes, that is true. I guess the Canadian companies are filtering out those applicants that doesn't have a Canadian address. Since most of the job search engine, you'll need to enter your address information.

akk said:
Hi Albertagoverner,

Akk

Albertagoverner said:
akk said:

Akk

ingegarcia said:

akk said:

Akk
Dear akk:

A

Albertagoverner

ingegarcia said:

akk said:

Akk
Internet is not a effective way of finding jobs especially nowdays. Talk to few employment agencies.

jyde

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
Virginia
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2008
Doc's Request.
09-09-2009
Nomination.....
17-01-2009
AOR Received.
11-05-2009
IELTS Request
Not Requested
File Transfer...
20-05-2009
Med's Request
11-05-2009
Med's Done....
14-05-2009
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
12-17-2009
VISA ISSUED...
12-23-2009
Plz Albertagoverner.............................................
which part of the world are you from.

mitzi

Oct 7, 2008
I totally agree with JYDE! Aside from getting a migraine after reading quotes after quotes...
I miss the old more sensible forum.

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
Oh I didn't know... Thanks Akk for letting me know.

akk said:
Email2kale,

Please use this other forum, which is related to people that are still applying and waiting for PNP (the alberta nomination). This is your case, right?
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/strategic-recruitment-stream-alberta-pnp-t9132.1450.html

This forum here is for people that already got nominated and are now applying or already apply for CIC.

Thanks,
Akk

A

Albertagoverner

mitzi said:
I totally agree with JYDE! Aside from getting a migraine after reading quotes after quotes :))
I miss the old more sensible forum....no offense tho, really.
No Personal feelings, keep the forum on track, why you are feeling, What you are feeling, Migrane or fever. Whatever, Talk about CIC process or settlement related things whether Job or Visa application.

mitzi

Oct 7, 2008
Exactly! Lets stick with CIC issues at hand and apply the rule that if we have nothing better and worthy to share..shut up.

A

Albertagoverner

ingegarcia said:

akk said:

Akk
I am also trying to get Job in Alberta. Did you mention your US address in resume?