+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

seljem

Star Member
Aug 15, 2008
Hi akk,

Thanks for your suggestion... Even i dont want to send the incomplete applications.. But to get police clearance certificate from home country will take long time it seems...

So what is the procedure to translate the certificates?

My marriage certificate is in English - so i am safe.
My daughter Birth certificate is in Both Native language/English on the same paper - i dont think translation is required.
I dont remember about my birth certificate.. but that should be in native language.......

In US any service available to translate or how do we do that?

mythdot

Oct 29, 2008
Received my Nomination Papers on 1/20/2009.
Here is my Timeline:
Applied for pre assessment: 9/17/2008
recieved invitation to apply: 10/29/2008
AB received application documents:11/12/2008
AB send confirmation of receipt: 11/21/2008 ( xxx-xx-350 - 355)
AB approved nomination: 1/5/2009
Nomination papers received: 1/20/2009.
Send PCC request to Chicago: 1/20/2009
Send the Fingerprint card to FBI: 1/22/2009

Since the PCC from Chicago will take over 2 months, this is what I plan to do.
I will try to get the police clearance from India ( expected timeline, a month) . If the FBI clearance comes in a month I will go ahead and apply to the CIC with the indian police clearance. If CIC wants PCC from the indian consulate they would be requesting it after accepting the application ( that is what I am hoping) , by then I will have he clearance from Chicago. I am thinking that I will be able to save a month  in the application process to CIC. What do you think?

Does the police in India have a draft for the PCC?  My request to people who have already received PCC from India is to upload a draft of the PCC to this forum.  This will expidite requests for PCC from India.

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
mythdot said:
Received my Nomination Papers on 1/20/2009.
Here is my Timeline:
Nomination papers received: 1/20/2009.
Send PCC request to Chicago: 1/20/2009
Send the Fingerprint card to FBI: 1/22/2009
Hi congrats!
Is there a reason why you waited for the nomination before applying for PCC at Chicago?
Going by the general timelines it appears that folks get approval approximately 2 months after they receive the file number. So if it takes 2 months for PCC from Chicago consul (or 15 days from SFO consul is what I see) we can plan and file as soon as we get the file number. Does anyone feel this is not right?

And is there anyone who got the PCC from SFO India consulate? Please share your time frame to get it and any experience.

Thanks.

ss123

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008
I completed pre-assessment and I am sending application packet for AINP nomination

1) Do we need to send photos along with copy of federal CIC form to Alberta PNP

Instructions say send photocopy of CIC application form.

2) Do I have to take copy of CIC form after attaching photos to application (sechdule 1,etc) form or can I send without it.

The reason I am asking in FSW program instructions clearly say no need to attach any photos in first stage ( sending to Sydney, NS) but I am not about AINP

mythdot

Oct 29, 2008
Manny said:
Is there a reason why you waited for the nomination before applying for PCC at Chicago?
I had applied with NOC 0213 and did not know the success probability thats why I waited till I received the nomination.

ainpapp

Jan 17, 2009
praise and thanks be to GOD!

we received our AINP nomination approval today.

Applied for pre assessment: 9/27/2008
recieved invitation to apply: 11/21/2008
AB send confirmation of receipt: 11/21/2008 ( xxx-xx-346)
AB approved nomination: 1/9/2009

I'm in IT industry.

thank you guys for sharing your infos.

let's keep our prayers and service up. our faithful LORD GOD knows and provide all our needs.

GOD bless!

s.can

Jan 25, 2009
Hi Friends, I plan on applying for the Alberta SRS For H1B Holders Category. I am trying to decide if I should apply by myself or avail services of an attorney. Can you share your opinion on what is the best thing to do? This will be very helpful. The question on all forms look simple, but I was not sure if there is a particular way to answer them. Also, can anyone share what is the success rate of applications under this stream to Alberta. Thank you!

kangster said:
Anyone Who APPLIED for the Strategic Recruitment Stream pilot program For H-1B Holders Category and got their Nomination certificate and have applied to or going to apply to the CIC may post their experience in this Forum. There is another forum here too
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/strategic-recruitment-stream-alberta-pnp-t9132.0.html​
but that is getting little crowded, with Pre-Assessment, PNP Ceritificate and CIC process so I thought this new forum can focus mainly on the third and final process with CIC, Like dates timelines etc...Even people who have landed can give their inputs here....

IN OTHER WORDS THIS FORUM CAN BE UTILIZED FOR THE LAST AND FINAL PROCESS AND BEYOND.

Good Luck Everyone!

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
I think you can do it on your own. You could check on doubts with folks on forums here.

This thread is used by folks who are applying to CIC (the next stage) . So you will want to move to the following thread for discussion on the SRS application:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/strategic-recruitment-stream-alberta-pnp-t9132.1225.html

All the best.

s.can said:
Hi Friends, I plan on applying for the Alberta SRS For H1B Holders Category. I am trying to decide if I should apply by myself or avail services of an attorney. Can you share your opinion on what is the best thing to do? This will be very helpful. The question on all forms look simple, but I was not sure if there is a particular way to answer them. Also, can anyone share what is the success rate of applications under this stream to Alberta. Thank you!

stlguy

Star Member
Oct 21, 2008
dnataraj said:
Anyone has any idea on how to get foreign currency draft. I checked with BOA and they do not do it. I checked with a private firm but they charge $25 for a $11 draft.

I specifically need a 11 Euro draft payable in Germany to get certificate of good conduct (the police clearance equivalent in Germany)

-dnataraj
dnataraj,

Can you please let me know from where you got the foreign currency draft. I am looking around, and am not able to find any firm which does it around where i live.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
I went to BoA and told them that I needed a check in Canadian Currency. The draft check for $1100 Canadian dollars cost around 35-75 dollars and it took 5 business days to arrive to the office. BTW I live in NH and I do have my account with BoA.

I hope this helps

stlguy said:
dnataraj said:
Anyone has any idea on how to get foreign currency draft. I checked with BOA and they do not do it. I checked with a private firm but they charge $25 for a $11 draft.

I specifically need a 11 Euro draft payable in Germany to get certificate of good conduct (the police clearance equivalent in Germany)

-dnataraj
dnataraj,

Can you please let me know from where you got the foreign currency draft. I am looking around, and am not able to find any firm which does it around where i live.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ainpapp said:
praise and thanks be to GOD!

we received our AINP nomination approval today.

Applied for pre assessment: 9/27/2008
recieved invitation to apply: 11/21/2008
AB send confirmation of receipt: 11/21/2008 ( xxx-xx-346)
AB approved nomination: 1/9/2009

I'm in IT industry.

thank you guys for sharing your infos.

let's keep our prayers and service up. our faithful LORD GOD knows and provide all our needs.

GOD bless!
Congratulations to you! You said, you are in IT industry. Does that mean you applied under NOC 2171 too? How many years have you been on H1B? Good luck to you for the next step (CIC).

yrinaldy

Star Member
Sep 26, 2008
I think you can just pay with US $ currency - doesn't need to be in Canadian.

At first, I would pay by CAN$ thru BofA - but it takes time and cost more per Ingegarcia - so, I just use US Currency Money Order from BofA and you get it right away and only cost $4 per money order.

Check this link out... I think you can either pay by US$ or CAN$ - no preference as long as you pay with only 1 currency for all your fees.

Hope this helps.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/fees-frais.aspx?lang=eng (for US$)
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/fees_frais_cad.aspx?lang=eng (for CAN$)

ingegarcia said:
I went to BoA and told them that I needed a check in Canadian Currency. The draft check for $1100 Canadian dollars cost around 35-75 dollars and it took 5 business days to arrive to the office. BTW I live in NH and I do have my account with BoA.

I hope this helps

stlguy said:
dnataraj said:

-dnataraj
dnataraj,

stlguy

Star Member
Oct 21, 2008
yrinaldy said:
I think you can just pay with US $ currency - doesn't need to be in Canadian.

At first, I would pay by CAN$ thru BofA - but it takes time and cost more per Ingegarcia - so, I just use US Currency Money Order from BofA and you get it right away and only cost $4 per money order.

Check this link out... I think you can either pay by US$ or CAN$ - no preference as long as you pay with only 1 currency for all your fees.

Hope this helps.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/fees-frais.aspx?lang=eng (for US$)
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/fees_frais_cad.aspx?lang=eng (for CAN$)

ingegarcia said:

I hope this helps

stlguy said:
dnataraj said:

-dnataraj
dnataraj,

Thanks yrinaldy and ingegarcia for the response.

I actually need the foreign currency draft in British Pounds. This is for my Police Clearance from UK. I will try it through Bank of America first.

ainpapp

Jan 17, 2009
thanks nix1, i can't see and remember which noc code we applied for, right now my designation in my current h1b employer is manager of systems development, i've been in h1b since dec 2006.

GOD bless!

C

cchabert

Ok guys, the waiting is over I GOT MY NOMINATION!!!...WWWoooooHHHoooo....

My file number is 37x and my NOC is 1111

Here is my timeline :

Pre-Assessment Application Sent - Oct 2, 2008
Email Confirmation Received - Oct 6, 2008
APINP Invitation Pkg Received - Nov 7, 2008
Sent APINP Application - Nov 17, 2008
Tracked thr FedEx online (Delivered) - Nov 18, 2008
Received File Number - Nov 25, 2008
They ask for support document - Jan 8 2009
Date of the nomination letter - Jan 12 2009
Date of the postage - Jan 19 2009
Arrive at home - Jan 24 2009