+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
chow said:
dnataraj,
Actually when I got my PCC from an European country, In the form they given 2 numbers like BIC code and an another code. I did wire transfer from BoA and they charged $35 for below $100 of the foreign currency. They provided the certificate in 5 languages including in English. So I don't have to translate it to English.

Thanks
Chow
Chow,
Thanks for the info. The bank will charge me with appropriate exchange rate of that day plus $35 am I correct?

thanks
dnataraj

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

I reached out to BoA to notarize my documents.

BoA officer told me that they cannot notarize the government document but they can stamp that I have certified in person. She asked me to sign each document as certified by me which BoA officer notarized. For each set of passport copies of non-blank pages, I wrote on first page
"I, Mr. xxxxxx, certify that this is photocopy of my original passport". Similarly for my other documents, birth certificate (issued by Indian Consulate, Houston), Marriage certificate, I-797 notice of action, etc.

My question - Does all pages (non-blank) of passport have to be notarized or just first one? BoA officer signed only first page of the passport set.

Thanks in advance.

Taps

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
Tapak said:
Guys,

BoA officer told me that they cannot notarize the government document but they can stamp that I have certified in person. She asked me to sign each document as certified by me which BoA officer notarized. For each set of passport copies of non-blank pages, I wrote on first page
"I, Mr. xxxxxx, certify that this is photocopy of my original passport". Similarly for my other documents, birth certificate (issued by Indian Consulate, Houston), Marriage certificate, I-797 notice of action, etc.

My question - Does all pages (non-blank) of passport have to be notarized or just first one? BoA officer signed only first page of the passport set.

Thanks in advance.

Taps
Tapak,
Yes this BOA is just inconsistent. In Virginia I had notarized my passport copies at BOA that too at free of cost. In NJ BOA people said they do not notarize any documents.

About other docs: Marriage certificate and copy of I-797, yes you need to notarize.
Birth Certificate you do not as you will submit the original from consulate which you can get any number of times.

BTW I am not sure if Birth Certificate given by consulate is enough. Some (my lawyer during FSW said its ok). Elsewhere I read it has to be original from place of birth. In fact I had enough struggle in getting one for my wife as she didn't have one. I had to get an affidavit from her parents in the court.

Hope this info is of some use.

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dnataraj said:
Tapak said:
Guys,

Thanks in advance.

Taps
Tapak,
Yes this BOA is just inconsistent. In Virginia I had notarized my passport copies at BOA that too at free of cost. In NJ BOA people said they do not notarize any documents.

About other docs: Marriage certificate and copy of I-797, yes you need to notarize.
Birth Certificate you do not as you will submit the original from consulate which you can get any number of times.

BTW I am not sure if Birth Certificate given by consulate is enough. Some (my lawyer during FSW said its ok). Elsewhere I read it has to be original from place of birth. In fact I had enough struggle in getting one for my wife as she didn't have one. I had to get an affidavit from her parents in the court.

Hope this info is of some use.
Thanks DNataraj. I am not sure if my application could be rejected for lack of notarizing each and every page. I hope it goes through. I plan to send my package tomorrow.

Taps

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Folks -
Today, I sent my application to CIC, Buffalo center by priority mail with tracking number.
Documents attached:
• AINP Confirmation Letter
• Checklist
• PR Application – 2 page, no signature required. Stapled an envelope with 4 photographs for each family members (remember to write name and DOB at the back of each photo). Also attached Banker's check and an excel spreadsheet with item wise description. I included the PR landing fees as well.
• Schedule 1 – 4 pages, 1 signature required.
• Additional information - 1 page, 1 signature required.
• Schedule 4 – 1 page, 1 signature required with fund amount.
• Notarized copies of birth certificates, marriage certificate.
• Notarized copies of passports and I-797. I included notarized copy of expired passports since it has the visa stamping.
• Original FBI and PCC.
• Original statement from my bank for proof of funds. I had requested statement based on CD.
I hope I haven't missed anything else. :)
And Yes – Please don't forget to stick red sticker on the lower right hand corner of envelope. Though I have faxed the acknowledgement letter, I will s-mail it tomorrow.
Good luck to all of you.
Taps

MhK

May 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
IT code (2171)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Jan 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 2010
Med's Request
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 2010
Passport Req..
June 2011
hi, does anyone know if cic considers FSW application for the PNP. it seems like the new PNP application docs are similar to FSW docs i submitted earlier this year. simply it doesnt make sense to prepare & resend similar docs again once the pre-assissment is done successfully.

any idea?

C

cchabert

Good posting Tapak, good luck, I just have one question:

you write: ....excel spreadsheet with item wise description.....

What is this?

razbeen

Nov 18, 2008
Tapak said:
Folks -
Today, I sent my application to CIC, Buffalo center by priority mail with tracking number.
Documents attached:
• Checklist
• PR Application – 2 page, no signature required. Stapled an envelope with 4 photographs for each family members (remember to write name and DOB at the back of each photo). Also attached Banker's check and an excel spreadsheet with item wise description. I included the PR landing fees as well.
• Schedule 1 – 4 pages, 2 signatures required.
• Notarized copies of passports and I-797. I included notarized copy of expired passports since it has the visa stamping.
• Original FBI and PCC.
• Original statement from my bank for proof of funds. I had requested statement based on CD.
And Yes – Please don't forget to stick red sticker on the lower right hand corner of envelope. Though I have faxed the acknowledgement letter, I will s-mail it tomorrow.
Good luck to all of you.
Taps
hi

i could be wrong but isnt it just 1 signature required on Schedule 1 – 4 pages, and not 2 signatures required.......please do clarify for us all

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
razbeen said:
Tapak said:
Folks -
Documents attached:
• Checklist
• Schedule 1 – 4 pages, 2 signatures required.
• Original FBI and PCC.
Good luck to all of you.
Taps
hi

i could be wrong but isnt it just 1 signature required on Schedule 1 – 4 pages, and not 2 signatures required.......please do clarify for us all
My bad. Thanks for pointing.
Schedule 1: item #2 requires name in native language and signature on page 4

Taps

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cchabert said:
Good posting Tapak, good luck, I just have one question:

you write: ....excel spreadsheet with item wise description.....

What is this?
Since I added PR fees along with processing fees, I added excel spreadsheet with item wise description to remove any confusion.

Calculation of Fees [ in US Dollars]

Processing Fees "Number of People" "Amount per Person" Amount Due
Principal Applicant 1 $465 $465
Spouse or common-law partner 1 $465 $465
"Each Dependent child under 22 years of age
and not married or in a common-law relationship" 2 $130 $260
"Right Of Permanent Residence Fee
(To Be Paid By Principal Applicant And
Spouse /Common Law Partner; Not Dependant Children )" 2 $415 $830

Total $2,020

Sorry, I tried, but couldn't attached spreadsheet as well as snapshot of it.

Hope this helps.

Taps

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rascojenkins said:
Tapak

l did not know we could send the landing frees to CIC while sending the application?
Here you go...
Please read "...The Right of Permanent Residence Fee may be paid at the time of application or at any time during processing... "
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/fees-frais.aspx?lang=eng