+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rocking vibes said:
Finally, I graduate to this CIC thread, I guess I am the first student of Class of 2009.....My file number is 260 and I just got my nomination. I have my FBI FP but not my PCC yet...Shd I apply or wait for my PCC ? Has anyone applied without PCC ? Tapak posted a decent laundry list of docs which needs to taken care of...apart from that do we have to fax and mail the acceptance before that ? Please guide me...Seniors of class 2008 ?
Congratulations Rocking vibes. Welcome aboard!

I faxed copy of acceptance and later send the hard copy by postal mail.

AINP nomination is valid for six months from date of issuance, so no rush there.

If your PCC is due in few days, I would recommend few days wait and send all documents. This is purely my opinion from time saving perspective. Gurus, please chime in your different thoughts.

Taps

Rocking vibes

Oct 29, 2008
^^^ Thanks taps, I will fax and mail my acceptance as well. Apart from that, I am trying to get my PCC issued from India itself which someone claimed that they got it in a weeks time or otherwise I will have to go to the embassy route which will take a couple of months.

Rocking vibes

Oct 29, 2008
Hey Taps....Quick question....What part of the application did you mail them back right away, I have three docs...
1) Confirmation of acceptance
2) PN acknowledgement form
3) PN Status update

Which one needs to be sent right away ?
thanks

aayaz

Nov 17, 2008
dnataraj plz tell me more abt wat was ur wife's problem of birth certificate and how did u solve it. As I also hve a problem that the date of birth written in my birth certificate is different from my original date of birth which is written on my all other documents including my passport. Can it be solved if my parents give an affidavit that my real date of birth is that which is written on my passport. desperately need ur help.

thanks a lot.
May God Bless U All

dnataraj said:
Tapak said:
Guys,

I reached out to BoA to notarize my documents.

BoA officer told me that they cannot notarize the government document but they can stamp that I have certified in person. She asked me to sign each document as certified by me which BoA officer notarized. For each set of passport copies of non-blank pages, I wrote on first page
"I, Mr. xxxxxx, certify that this is photocopy of my original passport". Similarly for my other documents, birth certificate (issued by Indian Consulate, Houston), Marriage certificate, I-797 notice of action, etc.

My question - Does all pages (non-blank) of passport have to be notarized or just first one? BoA officer signed only first page of the passport set.

Thanks in advance.

Taps
Tapak,
Yes this BOA is just inconsistent. In Virginia I had notarized my passport copies at BOA that too at free of cost. In NJ BOA people said they do not notarize any documents.

About other docs: Marriage certificate and copy of I-797, yes you need to notarize.
Birth Certificate you do not as you will submit the original from consulate which you can get any number of times.

BTW I am not sure if Birth Certificate given by consulate is enough. Some (my lawyer during FSW said its ok). Elsewhere I read it has to be original from place of birth. In fact I had enough struggle in getting one for my wife as she didn't have one. I had to get an affidavit from her parents in the court.

Hope this info is of some use.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
Aayaz,

the date of birth should be what you have on our passport. If your birth certificate has different one our parents can get an affidavit stating your real birth date and ou can submit the same.

Another alternative is goto Indian embassy and they will issue a birth certificate based on your passport details. I am not sure whether this option is OK with CIC. However, my lawyer during my FSW had told me that it should be fine.

Good Luck
- dnataraj

yofeihong

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
Hi Guys,
I need your information. I am using Campbell Cohen as my represent to apply for AINP-PR. Is there anyone using this laywer firm?
How is the company credibility?
How do they process their client's application?
Thanks,
feihong

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
Police clearance for India passport holders

For Indians in West coast, if your India Consul office is SFO, it will take you 10 days by mail if your current passport was renewed in SFO. Others will get in 30 days (or greater if the Indian passport office delays it).
http://www.cgisf.org/misc/miscservices.html

Rocking vibes said:
^^^ Thanks taps, I will fax and mail my acceptance as well. Apart from that, I am trying to get my PCC issued from India itself which someone claimed that they got it in a weeks time or otherwise I will have to go to the embassy route which will take a couple of months.

bb0310

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Hey guys,

I went to Edmonton this Christmas and New Year, it's so freakin' cold (-28C when we landed) !!! It felt like summer here in Detroit hehehe. Anyway, you'll get used to it and lot's of nice place to go to. I am just waiting for a few more docs then I'll send it to CIC. Goodluck guys!

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bb0310 said:
Hey guys,

I went to Edmonton this Christmas and New Year, it's so freakin' cold (-28C when we landed) !!! It felt like summer here in Detroit hehehe. Anyway, you'll get used to it and lot's of nice place to go to. I am just waiting for a few more docs then I'll send it to CIC. Goodluck guys!
Glad you had a chance to visit your future province and experience the weather. Did you ask for a visa to come back into the US or you already had one? I am thinking about taking a trip to Calgary/Edmonton this summer, but I would have to request a visa to come back into the US. How hard was to get a Canadian vistor visa? Good luck to you as well.

bb0310

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Yes, you would need a Visa coming back to the US. Getting a canadian visitor visa is easy as long as you have work here in the US.

nix1 said:
bb0310 said:
Hey guys,

Glad you had a chance to visit your future province and experience the weather. Did you ask for a visa to come back into the US or you already had one? I am thinking about taking a trip to Calgary/Edmonton this summer, but I would have to request a visa to come back into the US. How hard was to get a Canadian vistor visa? Good luck to you as well.

aayaz

Nov 17, 2008
thanks dnataraj,
ur guidance have always been very helpful. can anyone plz list the documents which I will need for CIC application after I get my nomination certificate. i want them to be ready before hand.
Good luck to dnataraj and all others.
Thanks a lot

dnataraj said:
Aayaz,

the date of birth should be what you have on our passport. If your birth certificate has different one our parents can get an affidavit stating your real birth date and ou can submit the same.

Another alternative is goto Indian embassy and they will issue a birth certificate based on your passport details. I am not sure whether this option is OK with CIC. However, my lawyer during my FSW had told me that it should be fine.

Good Luck
- dnataraj

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tomorrow, I am going to the local police station to get some finger prints done, but I am confused with few things. This is from the police station website:

Fingerprints:
Please provide the following:
-Picture Identification
-$10.00 Fee for 2 cards, $5.00 for each additional card
Police Clearances:
Police clearances are provided for purposes of Immigration, International Travel (including Missions), and in cases where the individual has a previous arrest record with (name) City. We can provide these in English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, and German. You will need to provide the following:
-Picture Identification
-$8.00 Fee

Here are my questions:
How many CARDS do I need to send to the FBI office?
It looks like they also provide police clearance at the local office; do I still need the FBI report?
My wife needs to send THREE SETS of fingerprints to her home country to get police clearance. What do you guys think they are talking about? Is it 3 cards she needs to send or is it 6 cards (3 sets= 6 cards)? I am confused. Thanks for your time.

toledoresident

Star Member
Jul 31, 2008
Hi Guys,

Today my lawyer told me that I need to reapply FSW instead of using exisiting FSW. Is that true ?

I received AOR previously and now nominated through Alberta.

Is there anyone who has similar case ?

Thanks,
TR

bb0310

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
The thing I did with the FBI is print the fingerprint form in the FBI website then fill it out and bring to your local police station for finger prints, then send that form to FBI in WV. After a few weeks they returned the same form to me with a stamp that says no criminal records or something. You need FBI for the process.

nix1 said:
Tomorrow, I am going to the local police station to get some finger prints done, but I am confused with few things. This is from the police station website:

Fingerprints:
Please provide the following:
-Picture Identification
-$10.00 Fee for 2 cards, $5.00 for each additional card
Police Clearances:
Police clearances are provided for purposes of Immigration, International Travel (including Missions), and in cases where the individual has a previous arrest record with (name) City. We can provide these in English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, and German. You will need to provide the following:
-Picture Identification
-$8.00 Fee

Here are my questions:
How many CARDS do I need to send to the FBI office?
It looks like they also provide police clearance at the local office; do I still need the FBI report?
My wife needs to send THREE SETS of fingerprints to her home country to get police clearance. What do you guys think they are talking about? Is it 3 cards she needs to send or is it 6 cards (3 sets= 6 cards)? I am confused. Thanks for your time.