+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

Jay007

Star Member
Nov 15, 2008
Tapak

Do we have to send our original passport to Indian Consulate,Houston for whole 3-4 weeks for PCC
or
we have send over passport at latter stage?

[/quote]
ainpdude, My wife and I applied for PCC at Indian Consulate, Houston. It took around 3-4 weeks for PCC. I think it was quicker than I expected. I think since we had PCC issued last year and we didn't leave USA after that. So technically, it may not have required full fledged background check; I might be wrong :)
[/quote]

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
This is a bit confusing:

If you see Toledo's post,
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/strategic-recruitment-stream-alberta-pnp-t9132.1175.html

for Chicago consulate one has to send notarized copies in stage 1. At other consulates the websites say, one has to send original passport. However when I called NY consulate they said they will not require original passport.

I will post my experience once I submit my application next week at NY consulate.

-dna

shocky

Dec 26, 2008
I got a question if you dont mind, i am sending my application today to cic, with the PNP confirmation, i am wondering, it says "provide proof of one year lawful admission to the USA, Canada, Bermuda, or St. Pierre et Miquelon. This could be in the form of an entry stamp in your passport or a status document issued at the Port of Entry or other place of admission. If an extension of the original status has been granted, the evidence required would be a document or stamp issued by the ministry responsible for immigration matters, providing an extension up to one year or beyond"

Does this mean i have to send my port of entry stamp when i entered canada a 5 years ago or my work visa?

Thanks.

seljem

Star Member
Aug 15, 2008
Hi Dnataraj,

I called NY indian consulate a week back to enquire about Police Clearance certificate. My understanding so far is

We can go in person if u are nearby and submit the photocopy of passports and show the original passport and take it back
after submitting the application.

On the second stage, u have to show the original passport again when u ready to receive the PCC. So they will work on based on photocopy or notarized on first stage.

I have not started anything and just got these answers for my casual query.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
seljem said:
Hi Dnataraj,

I called NY indian consulate a week back to enquire about Police Clearance certificate. My understanding so far is

We can go in person if u are nearby and submit the photocopy of passports and show the original passport and take it back
after submitting the application.

On the second stage, u have to show the original passport again when u ready to receive the PCC. So they will work on based on photocopy or notarized on first stage.

I have not started anything and just got these answers for my casual query.
Thank you Seljem,

This clarifies what I heard and what Toledo posted. Thank you.

-dna

nit

Dec 26, 2008
Hi,
My name is nihak,I am new to this group.
I applied for AINP nomination Nov 26,but still i am not receive any file number?
actually how long it will take for file number?
Thanks.

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you can send notarized copy of passport first and send the original passport at later stage. However, I preferred to send the original passport as it cuts down sometime.
Jay007 said:
Tapak

Do we have to send our original passport to Indian Consulate,Houston for whole 3-4 weeks for PCC
or
ainpdude, My wife and I applied for PCC at Indian Consulate, Houston. It took around 3-4 weeks for PCC. I think it was quicker than I expected. I think since we had PCC issued last year and we didn't leave USA after that. So technically, it may not have required full fledged background check; I might be wrong :)
[/quote]
[/quote]

KrisR

Star Member
Dec 10, 2008
Hi Nihak,

I am in the same boat as you. I applied for my PNP on Dec 1 and documents recieved by Alberta on Dec3.
Looks like the changes in the application process ( the removal of the pre assessment phase ) along with the holidays might be the cause for the delay in file numbers. I know of only one boarder ,Nix1 who has got his file number.
We shud also recieve it soon .. So keeping fingers crossed. All the best mate..

nit said:
Hi,
My name is nihak,I am new to this group.
I applied for AINP nomination Nov 26,but still i am not receive any file number?
actually how long it will take for file number?
Thanks.

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
Tapak said:
I think you can send notarized copy of passport first and send the original passport at later stage. However, I preferred to send the original passport as it cuts down sometime.
Jay007 said:
Tapak

or
[/quote]
[/quote]

thx Tapak ... Chicago consulate recieved our application with photocopies only on Dec 23, 2008.... both our passports were renewed at Chicago ...
hoping they dont take much time....

Good luck everybody

razbeen

Nov 18, 2008
dnataraj said:
This is a bit confusing:

If you see Toledo's post,
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/strategic-recruitment-stream-alberta-pnp-t9132.1175.html

for Chicago consulate one has to send notarized copies in stage 1. At other consulates the websites say, one has to send original passport. However when I called NY consulate they said they will not require original passport.

I will post my experience once I submit my application next week at NY consulate.

-dna
hi guys

knowing the pace at which indian govt. officials work i started working on the indian PCC at the same time as when i had applied for the AINP pre-assessment........i went thru the chicago consulate ......

here is the link that might clarify a few things http://chicago.indianconsulate.com/Passpins.html#K.  _Police_Clearance_Certificate:

also i would like to mention some aspects of my experience......according to the consulate folks:

1. if your indian passport was issued in the USA AND you have had that indian passport for 5 yrs or more.....then the first stage is cut down to one day from 60 day waiting and they will issue the PCC that very day.....

2.  if your indian passport was issued in the USA BUT you have had that passport for less than 5 yrs ..........than you will have 2 go thru the regular process.....

3. mine was less than 5 yrs so i had to go the whole way, but the thing to be cautious about is that..... in my case after stage -1 of the PCC process, ie after the 60 days were over, the chicago consulate didnt inform me that i was ready to move to stage -2,.........so i wasted few weeks expecting some sort of communication / status update from the indian consulate, which never came!!!!........ in the end when i called the consulate, the officer said to me "madamji, why are u waiting for us to call? ......if you havent heard from us and the 60 days are over since you applied for stage -1 , then bring your passport and we will issue the PCC"........

4. lastly, you can cut the stage one short (ie < 60 days) if you get your file # from the consulate and their fax number and have the passport office / police office (ie whoever does Police clearance in your region in india) and have them fax your record / file to the consulate here.......then you can save the time......

all the best
razbeen

==> bear in mind that coz we are dealing with govt. officials, so their "MOOD" can also influence the pace of your case.......

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
Hi razbeen

Thanks for your detailed post.

I am applying for stage 1 at New york consulate this week. I will be in India from Jan 15th till Feb end. When I come back I will goto stage 2.

Given this situation do you have any suggestion so that I can do some thing in India to speed this up?

-dnataraj

razbeen

Nov 18, 2008
dnataraj said:
Hi razbeen

Thanks for your detailed post.

I am applying for stage 1 at New york consulate this week. I will be in India from Jan 15th till Feb end. When I come back I will goto stage 2.

Given this situation do you have any suggestion so that I can do some thing in India to speed this up?

-dnataraj
hi again

well depends on how far you will be in the stage-1, by the time u will b in india.........two weeks after i submitted documents for stage -1, i had asked them at chicago consulate as to what i can do to fast track stage -1.......they gave me my file # and the date it was sent to chandigarh passport office, and said that if if could request folks at chandigarh passport office to fax in the report to chicago, then my PCC could be processed as soon as the chicago consulate recieved my documents ............also i would ask / talk to the person at the consulate and ask their suggestions ........do mention that u will b in india in january!

hope this helps
razbeen

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Hi guys... I'll be sending the application to Buffalo in a couple of days... just got my police certificate from my home country but I still need to get it translated... :)
Question... Do I need to provide the NOC anywhere in the CIC application?

Thanks in advance..

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
Inge,
I don't remember I mentioned NOC anywhere. I feel once you have PNP nomination only thing CIC will check is security and health records. So you are almost done!!!

-dna

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
razbeen said:
hi again

well depends on how far you will be in the stage-1, by the time u will b in india.........two weeks after i submitted documents for stage -1, i had asked them at chicago consulate as to what i can do to fast track stage -1.......they gave me my file # and the date it was sent to chandigarh passport office, and said that if if could request folks at chandigarh passport office to fax in the report to chicago, then my PCC could be processed as soon as the chicago consulate recieved my documents ............also i would ask / talk to the person at the consulate and ask their suggestions ........do mention that u will b in india in january!

hope this helps
razbeen
Great. I think before I leave I will check with consulate in NY. then I can follow it up at Bangalore. Thanks a lot for input

-dnataraj