+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

chow

Sep 23, 2008
Natraj,
I am also in similar situation. But I got my FSW-AOR in August and my NOC was NOT listed in 38 occupations list. You are saying that we could ask CIC to consider our application for Alberta. Is it only when your NOC in 38 occupations list? I just called Alberta office and the officer confirmed that I have to send new CIC application.
More details about case(s):

FSW applied : March 26(27), 2008.
FSW AOR# Received: August 19, 2008.

AINP documents sent(2nd phase) - September 3, 2008. (I mentioned my "B" number in application)
AINP certificate Received: Dec 5, 2008.

Thanks
Chow

Jay007

Star Member
Nov 15, 2008
Hello Friends,

I have already send my H1B-PNP application,my file no is 27X and waiting for Nomination ( Hopfully at the end of Jan 09 )
I have one question to our Gurus.
If I apply my CIC application at Buffalo ( means My application is based in USA ) after that I am planing to go my home contury India.
Is it possible that can I compleate my Medical Exam in India from a designated medical examiner ? and will come back only for Visa Interview
OR I have to return to USA and complete my Medical Exam in USA.

veerjara

Oct 1, 2008
Hey thr- thanks.

my timeline is as:

Pre-assessment application: Aug 2, 08
Received Invitation to Apply: Sep. 10, 08
Submitted reply to invitation: Sep. 26, 08
Nominated : Dec. 03, 08

My file number is xxx-xx-195

Pl let me know if you need any other info. Wishes,

rascojenkins said:
Veergara,

Congrats men thats good news what were your timelines? and what are the last 3 digits of your employee file number ?

veerjara

Oct 1, 2008
Thanks DnA - I appreciate dear.

Well I tried calling CIC but to no avail....may be I'll drop an email.

Ur suggestion of a cover letter makes some sense to me. I wonder to include details of FSW as well as nomination in that and accordingly apply. what u say?

TC,

Hi All -

First, thanks to everyone here esp. Olu, Inge, DnA...U lead the command! :)

I received my nomination this Friday...with the date of Dec 3. U all have been a great help in diff phases of this process. God Bless! let's move to the step of CIC now.

DnA - I am in the same boat like you. I applied for FSW but didn't receive AOR. Pl guide me how to withdraw that application as I have no record for that. Even I wish to change that to PNP for fast processing, I am not sure how to do that as without AOR, I am not sure how CIC will trace it. hoping to hear from you soon. Thanks. Happy Holidays!

[/quote]
Congratulations on your PNP nomination.

If you have not got your AOR you have the choice of withdrawing your FSW or updating CIC about your PNP nomination.

I suggest the following. You submit your CIC forms and state in a covering letter about your FSW application. Better still call CIC and see where you stand w.r.t your FSW. If you fall in one of the 38 categories then ask them to convert your FSW with PNP. Else write to them to withdraw your application stating your first and last name and date of birth (these two are the data points they trace your application). First call them and find out where you stand. Then only decide. After you call post their reply here. Then forum members and I can suggest something. I know its tricky.

Good luck!!
-dnataraj

[/quote]

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What a week! Full of action. Few days ago, I got police clearance from my home country (Requested through Consulate) and AINP Approval package arrived yesterday.
I am all set to apply early next week.

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
Tapak,
that's realy cool men. coangrats

Hey Mary Xmas to all the members of this forum who celebrate christmas and l wish you all a very Happy 2009 and hope to see everybody suceed in their dreams of getting PR to Canada

Peace

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
Tapak said:
What a week! Full of action. Few days ago, I got police clearance from my home country (Requested through Consulate) and AINP Approval package arrived yesterday.
Congratulations!!. So you made it in 2008!!

Happy Christmas, Holidays and Happy new year 2009 to all. I wish all our dreams come true in 09.

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
Tapak said:
hey Tapak. congrats man ... can u pls share which consulate did u apply for PCC and how much
time did they take ?

toledoresident

Star Member
Jul 31, 2008
Congratulations to new applicants, pre assesement is been removed from the process

http://www.canadavisa.com/alberta-immigrant-nominee-program-ainp-h1b-category-081224.html

I think this is a very important step by Alberta !!!!!

toledoresident

Star Member
Jul 31, 2008
Those who are seeking PCC from India, Here is the example how I obtained it from India within short time.

I sent a letter to my local police department authorizing my father to receive letter on my behalf, within a week he received PCC.

Other way around is apply through Chicago or NY Indian consulate but it takes more than month, above suggestion to make the process faster.

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
toledoresident said:
Those who are seeking PCC from India, Here is the example how I obtained it from India within short time.

I sent a letter to my local police department authorizing my father to receive letter on my behalf, within a week he received PCC.

Other way around is apply through Chicago or NY Indian consulate but it takes more than month, above suggestion to make the process faster.
toledo... thanks for the suggestion... i will retry that route...
i just checked with some of passport/police commisioner office agents in my city (pune) in india and they are not willing to do it...under the reason
that they want me to be physically present for PCC to be issued... one travel agent told me that it was becoming extremly difficult post Mumbai
attacks .... i would appreciate if any one has any agents/contacts who could do it or suggestions.

good luck with pcc guys...

C

cchabert

THIS IS FOR WALKING FUNNY:

Olu and me are meeting on Saturday at 6pm, venue to confirm, are you coming? email at cchabert hotmail

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ainpdude said:
Tapak said:
hey Tapak. congrats man ... can u pls share which consulate did u apply for PCC and how much
time did they take ?
ainpdude, My wife and I applied for PCC at Indian Consulate, Houston. It took around 3-4 weeks for PCC. I think it was quicker than I expected. I think since we had PCC issued last year and we didn't leave USA after that. So technically, it may not have required full fledged background check; I might be wrong :)