ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Yes I did notarize my documents and yes translations has to be done by a certified translator.... they'll translate it and notarize the translation for you...

I do not remember the price but I believe I paid around 50 dollars per page... you might want to google certified translators in your city, you should be get a cheaper deal...

http://www.jsilny.com/html/translations.htm

Flori said:
One more
Does the translations needs to be notarized, or can I translate them myself??

Flori

Star Member
Sep 18, 2008
Thank you Inger.
You are as quick and effectives as it gets. By the way, how's your case doing? Have you submitted your documents to CIC yet?

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Not yet... I need to get the police certificate from my home country... I'm traveling the end of this year and hopefully this or the beginning of the next one

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Interesting link from Alberta

www.albertacanada.com/immigration/media/WIA-IM_invitingalberta.pdf

WalkingFunny

Sep 26, 2008
Re: CIC form submission

Hi all,
can someone pls help on my previous questions on CIC pic requirements, I'm a little desperate since I intend to send the package today.
Thanks.

WalkingFunny said:
Hi all,
sorry for the quiet, it's been really crazy.
Anyway, I need your help concerning the photo requirement for the CIC final submission:
- does the total of 4 pics required also include the ones on form imm0008, that is 3 pics + 1 on the form, or 4pics + 1 on the form?
- should I affix pics on the form imm0008 at all, or should they all be put in envelopes as required.
- also getting mixed signals on putting the pics in envelopes, the AINP office suggests to put them all in one envelope for all family members, while the instruction from the Buffalo office say put pics in separate envelope for each family member

Thanks for the help

C

cchabert

Walking Funny I'll do what Buffalo said, they are the ones who are going to review your papers now, but in my personal opinion I don't think putting the pics in separate envelopes or just one envelope is relevant, somebody over there will open the envelope anyway, is not a cause of reject your case. And I will include 4 pics, I was require to include 4 pics to my FSW application and it's the same form IMM0008.
Hope this helps, are meeting with us in 2 weeks? (Olu and me)

WalkingFunny

Sep 26, 2008
Hi cc,
thanks for your response.
The reason I've not responded to you and Olu is that I've been doing a lot of traveling recently, and with very short notices. I can't complain though, I'm glad to still have a job in this economy. Meeting with you guys will depend on my travel schedule.

BTW, for those who have not submitted, I found some info on the pics: you should not attach any pics to the form imm0008, leave the reserved spaces empty, but put 4 pictures for all applicants into envelopes and attach to the form.

cchabert said:
Walking Funny I'll do what Buffalo said, they are the ones who are going to review your papers now, but in my personal opinion I don't think putting the pics in separate envelopes or just one envelope is relevant, somebody over there will open the envelope anyway, is not a cause of reject your case. And I will include 4 pics, I was require to include 4 pics to my FSW application and it's the same form IMM0008.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Thank you, I'll take it into account... BTW good luck with your application...

BTW did you send your police certificates?

WalkingFunny said:
Hi cc,
The reason I've not responded to you and Olu is that I've been doing a lot of traveling recently, and with very short notices. I can't complain though, I'm glad to still have a job in this economy. Meeting with you guys will depend on my travel schedule.

BTW, for those who have not submitted, I found some info on the pics: you should not attach any pics to the form imm0008, leave the reserved spaces empty, but put 4 pictures for all applicants into envelopes and attach to the form.

cchabert said:

WalkingFunny

Sep 26, 2008
Hi Inge,
yes, I submitted the police reports, I had obtained them at the same time I was applying for the first stage of the AINP so they are 4-6months olad. This is older than the required 3 months max., but I'm hoping they are accepted since I've not visited these countries in the last 6 months. Worst case scenario, they'll send back asking for more recent reports, I'm hoping this is after AOR and they have already started processing my application.

ingegarcia said:
Thank you, I'll take it into account... BTW good luck with your application...

BTW did you send your police certificates?

WalkingFunny said:
Hi cc,

cchabert said:

kool

Dec 11, 2008
FYI, Here is the reply to my question asked to PNP Alberta sometime last week.

Dear XXX,

You may download and use new application forms from the CIC website and
submit them with the changes.

I hope this answer would help all folks who would want to make change to the original application forms to be sent to CIC after PNP certification.

stlguy

Star Member
Oct 21, 2008
Hi Gurus,

I have a question with regards to the settlement funds that we need to show while applying for CIC.

Will the retirement savings statement (401k) be accepted as a proof for settlement funds?

Regards.

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stlguy said:
Another Question : Do we need to do IELTS and submit the scores along with the CIC application?
No. IELTS isn't required for AINP approved applicants.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Below a reply from Olu regarding 401k....

olusolalekan said:
ingegarcia,

401K is ACCEPTABLE. It is even acceptable that the value of your property. Sometimes it is hard for them to establish any loans on the house.

I was asked 2 weeks ago to submit proof of fund again even though I put in my house valuation and loan balance. the difference is my home equity but they still ask for statement of funds.

I sent them my 401K, house valuation and deposit accounts. My friend used a print out from the 401k.com and it was accepted.

olu

jpadz

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
Hi guys!

Questions: 1. Is the Photo Requirement for CIC the same with the USCIS?
2. Does anyone tried the photo taking at Walgreens?

Thanks.