ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
If you asked for the form at the police station they might not have them...
What I did was to sent a mail to the FBI asking for the forms since I did not know what type of paper to use to print them out. It took around a week... Once I received the forms I went to the local police and they charged me 50 dollars per form.... after that I mailed the forms to the FBI and they took 3 weeks to process them....

kool

Dec 11, 2008
Guys, Help the newbie !
(I have sent the same questions to PNP office but i have not received reply yet.)
I have some questions. I hope some of you will clarify them.
My PNP got approved and I am in process of sending applications to Buffalo, NY.
But before sending my application to CIC, I would like to make some changes to the original application. My question is if I can make changes to the original application that I had sent photo-copies to Alberta PNP office?
The types of changes I would like to make are as follows.
1) Add middle name to the given name field.
2) Add more historical information to the back ground check application.
Or
Can I download fresh copy of application form from the internet and start over again?

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
As far as I understand they Alberta already sent the AINP package to Buffalo, and most probably they will compare both application forms....
What I would do is to either contact Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program staff or to include a letter in the application stating the changes included and a reason for that...

findude32

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
kool said:
Guys, Help the newbie !
(I have sent the same questions to PNP office but i have not received reply yet.)
I have some questions. I hope some of you will clarify them.
My PNP got approved and I am in process of sending applications to Buffalo, NY.
But before sending my application to CIC, I would like to make some changes to the original application. My question is if I can make changes to the original application that I had sent photo-copies to Alberta PNP office?
The types of changes I would like to make are as follows.
1) Add middle name to the given name field.
2) Add more historical information to the back ground check application.
Or
Can I download fresh copy of application form from the internet and start over again?
1). The first change you are making is a vital one. Especially in immigration the VO really looks carefully the name field. BTW why do you want to put middle name in the given name field? Your given name is always your first name and if you are making changes that is a legal issue. You have to change your name in your social, passport, driver license, the whole nine yard.
The Alberta has nominated you so my guess would be that you need to inform AB and CIC explaining authentic reason that why do u need to do this?

2). Adding more historical information is not of a big deal since you are providing more prolong history. I don't think it would cost any effect.

Disclaimer: My opinion is merely for the best of my knowledge. I am not responsible for any legal issue or a legal advisor

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am waiting for my AINP approval (Receipt date 19th Sept #xxxx-xxx-178).
I have received FBI clearance few days ago
Applied for PC from Consulate
Will get the documents notarized this week or early next week. [birth certifcates, marriage certificate, passport copies three pages each]. Do I need to send I-747, since visa has expired????
Request sent to bank to issue proof of funds letter.
Verifying all PDFs sent to AINP for forms as required for CIC application.

I calculated fees (including landing fees) for my family (self, spouse and 2 kids) which comes to be CAD 2,380.00. Inorder to request banker's cheque in USD what is the conversion rate I should refer to? Is it standardized for whole month or should I just take conversion rate of day on which the banker's cheque is requested?

Gurus, please reply.
TIA

Taps

kool

Dec 11, 2008
Let’s say my full name is Manoj Kumar Xyz

On my initial application form I had written as follows
Last name: - Xyz
Given name(s) = Manoj

After searching over internet I found that I should include my middle name to the given name field.
Given name(s) = Manoj Kumar

That is the main reason why I wanted to change. Let me know if that doesn't make sense and i have misunderstood something.

FYI, the last 3 digit of my file number is 140

findude32

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
kool said:
Let's say my full name is Manoj Kumar Xyz
On my initial application form I had written as follows
Given name(s) = Manoj
After searching over internet I found that I should include my middle name to the given name field.
Given name(s) = Manoj Kumar
That is the main reason why I wanted to change. Let me know if that doesn't make sense and i have misunderstood something.
FYI, the last 3 digit of my file number is 140
I would say check you I797 form and other documents the way you have been using your name. I hope you remember how you filled up the information when you applied for H1 visa form. Follow that trend.
I have seen this practice that people who have first middle and last name. They usually put first name as they always have been called.
And put middle name in middle field.
In your case, my opinion is first name Manoj
Middle kumar
Last xyz
If you don’t hear anything from AB, give them a call on Monday and explain your situation to get better idea.

findude32

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
Tapak said:
Do I need to send I-747, since visa has expired????
I calculated fees (including landing fees) for my family (self, spouse and 2 kids) which comes to be CAD 2,380.00. Inorder to request banker's cheque in USD what is the conversion rate I should refer to? Is it standardized for whole month or should I just take conversion rate of day on which the banker's cheque is requested?
You mean to say I-797 or is this I-747 I completely not aware of it?
Somewhere I read the CIC fee is $550 (USD) per person just to avoid the conversion rate. I m sorry I don’t have the link or any source to provide. It’s better to call Buffalo center to inquire exact legitimate money amount to avoid return application.

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
findude32 said:
Tapak said:
Do I need to send I-747, since visa has expired????
You mean to say I-797 or is this I-747 I completely not aware of it?
Somewhere I read the CIC fee is $550 (USD) per person just to avoid the conversion rate. I m sorry I don't have the link or any source to provide. It's better to call Buffalo center to inquire exact legitimate money amount to avoid return application.
I meant I-797, maybe my mind is occupied with my visit to home country =:) I have sent out an email to CIC requesting clarification on the conversion rate.

Thanks,
-Taps

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Here is the link for the Fees in American and Canadian dollars

http://geo.international.gc.ca/can-am/buffalo/rightnav/fees-en.asp

toledoresident

Star Member
Jul 31, 2008
thanks inge for fingerprining info, however today I went to college which is just 2 miles away from my home, they did it electronically @$30 / per per

RagsIyer

Dec 10, 2008
@toledoresident

Make sure you get the FBI card fingerprinting.

There are 2 types :1) Scanning 2) FBI Card

For CIC you need FBI Card fingerprinting .

WalkingFunny

Sep 26, 2008
CIC form submission

Hi all,
sorry for the quiet, it's been really crazy.
Anyway, I need your help concerning the photo requirement for the CIC final submission:
- does the total of 4 pics required also include the ones on form imm0008, that is 3 pics + 1 on the form, or 4pics + 1 on the form?
- should I affix pics on the form imm0008 at all, or should they all be put in envelopes as required.
- also getting mixed signals on putting the pics in envelopes, the AINP office suggests to put them all in one envelope for all family members, while the instruction from the Buffalo office say put pics in separate envelope for each family member

Thanks for the help

Flori

Star Member
Sep 18, 2008
Hello Everybody,
I have some questions:
Did you guys notarized the documents you sent to the Alberta office when you apply for the AINP (after you passed the pre-assesment)
Where did you get your documents translated to english, like training certificates, courses or Bachelors degree etc.(if they are in a foreign language).