+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

findude32

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
Thanks dna for all your input and expertise.
I really appreciate your time and effort you made to answer my queries.
Thanks so much!

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
cchabert said:
findude32 said:
bendjoe said:
Fellow Nominees congratulations.
I haven't got my nomination yet. I sent the package in October end. File number is XX-282. I am worried about Alberta contacting my employer. I am sure they contacted some of your employers. Could any one tell me what Alberta asked your employers? I posted this question in the other forum but nobody replied. Please help.
Thank You
I don't see any reason to get panic. I think the guy who has file #170, he mentioned that he is still waiting. The last 2 applicants got nominated was 147 and 148. You are far from there brother. Stay tune and relax. Also the holidays are coming up so I won't doubt if you dont get your nomination until first week of Jan '09. Best of luck.

Don;t worry I'm 0370 so Merry Christmas! We're the Class of 2009 for sure!
Seems like Alberta contacted only a very few Employers.No one in this thread atleast.

lazylazarus

Dec 9, 2008
Wow, I hadn't even realized such an informative forum existed on the topic!

So I'm in a state of panic. I'm in the US on an H1-B visa and I received and submitted my AINP application 2-3 weeks ago. Today I got the unfortunate news: I was laid off. Does that invalidate my application?

Any help would be EXTREMELY appreciated, thanks :)

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
lazylazarus said:

So I'm in a state of panic. I'm in the US on an H1-B visa and I received and submitted my AINP application 2-3 weeks ago. Today I got the unfortunate news: I was laid off. Does that invalidate my application?

I think the requirement is minimum 1 year H1B work experience in the US. Since you have already submitted the application(did you get an employee file number) I think you should be fine. Any why don't you give them a call.

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
Hi lazylazarus
This is part of a reply from Alberta when I asked them what would happen if my H1B was not extended....
"So long as you have applied to the H1B SRS prior to your H1B expiring you will qualify for this program, and should be able to process your PNP application from your home country. You will just have to update the PNP officer who is processing your application with your change of address and contact information."

contact Alberta just to make sure...

lazylazarus said:

pm3112

Dec 9, 2008
Hello

I have applied for AINP

TODAY i HAVE RECEIVED THE WELCOME INVITATION. COULD YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT ARE THE DOCUMENTS DO I NEED TO SEND THEM? THEY HAVE SENT ME SOME DOCUMENTS WITH PACK. KINDLY SUGGEST WHAT ARE THE DOCUMENTS I NEED TO SEND?

THANKS
PM

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I suggest you read the documents you got with the package they sent to you. If things are still unclear to you, contact the AINP for further instructions.

lazylazarus

Dec 9, 2008
I suppose you're right rupesh, in theory that makes complete sense, and one would only need to be in valid H1-b status at the time of sending the application. The only reason I feel concerned is they seem interested in contacting one's employers, and will probably want valid proof of H1-b status once one secures the nomination.
I guess my question is: what documents are generally needed once one gets nominated? are they employment related?

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
No, you do not need any employment related document... as for the documents to apply for PR after AINP nomination, you might want to check the office requirements where you want to apply, they might required different documents..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-application.asp#visa_offices

lazylazarus said:
I suppose you're right rupesh, in theory that makes complete sense, and one would only need to be in valid H1-b status at the time of sending the application. The only reason I feel concerned is they seem interested in contacting one's employers, and will probably want valid proof of H1-b status once one secures the nomination.
I guess my question is: what documents are generally needed once one gets nominated? are they employment related?

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
I couldn't fax my PN Acknolegement Form so i e-mailed it first. I later faxed it but I am afraid they may not have gotten it. yesterday was my deadline to accept the nomination.

Olu

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
You might want to give them a call, just to make sure everything is Ok...
BTW in my I faxed the application and never bother to mail it.

olusolalekan said:
I couldn't fax my PN Acknolegement Form so i e-mailed it first. I later faxed it but I am afraid they may not have gotten it. yesterday was my deadline to accept the nomination.

Olu

kool

Dec 11, 2008
I have some questions. I hope some of you will clarify them.
My PNP got approved and I am in process of sending applications to Buffalo, NY.
But before sending my application to CIC, I would like to make some changes to the original application. My question is if I can make changes to the original application that I had sent photo-copies to Alberta PNP office?
The types of changes I would like to make are as follows.
1) Add middle name to the given name field.
2) Add more historical information to the back ground check application.
Or
Can I download fresh copy of application form from the internet and start over again?

toledoresident

Star Member
Jul 31, 2008
Hello Everyone,

Could you please let me know the complete procedure you followed for FBI finger printing ?

Today I tried at local police station but they denied it saying that they no longer do it as there is a guidelines from FBI to get it done electronically only. I am also not sure whether downloadable form at FBI site (http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm) is appropriate for immigration purpose or not ? Your guidence is appreciated.

If someone can suggest any ohio agency would be great.

Thanks,
TR