+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
razbeen said:
dnataraj said:
This is a bit confusing:

If you see Toledo's post,
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/strategic-recruitment-stream-alberta-pnp-t9132.1175.html

for Chicago consulate one has to send notarized copies in stage 1. At other consulates the websites say, one has to send original passport. However when I called NY consulate they said they will not require original passport.

I will post my experience once I submit my application next week at NY consulate.

-dna
hi guys

knowing the pace at which indian govt. officials work i started working on the indian PCC at the same time as when i had applied for the AINP pre-assessment........i went thru the chicago consulate ......

here is the link that might clarify a few things http://chicago.indianconsulate.com/Passpins.html#K. _Police_Clearance_Certificate:

also i would like to mention some aspects of my experience......according to the consulate folks:

1. if your indian passport was issued in the USA AND you have had that indian passport for 5 yrs or more.....then the first stage is cut down to one day from 60 day waiting and they will issue the PCC that very day.....

2. if your indian passport was issued in the USA BUT you have had that passport for less than 5 yrs ..........than you will have 2 go thru the regular process.....

3. mine was less than 5 yrs so i had to go the whole way, but the thing to be cautious about is that..... in my case after stage -1 of the PCC process, ie after the 60 days were over, the chicago consulate didnt inform me that i was ready to move to stage -2,.........so i wasted few weeks expecting some sort of communication / status update from the indian consulate, which never came!!!!........ in the end when i called the consulate, the officer said to me "madamji, why are u waiting for us to call? ......if you havent heard from us and the 60 days are over since you applied for stage -1 , then bring your passport and we will issue the PCC"........

4. lastly, you can cut the stage one short (ie < 60 days) if you get your file # from the consulate and their fax number and have the passport office / police office (ie whoever does Police clearance in your region in india) and have them fax your record / file to the consulate here.......then you can save the time......

all the best
razbeen

==> bear in mind that coz we are dealing with govt. officials, so their "MOOD" can also influence the pace of your case.......

razbeen,,,, thanks for the detailed explanation of consulate experience...
one quick question.... how did u manage to get the chicago consulate on phone ?

i have heard they never pick the phone ... which no. did u call just curious

KrisR

Star Member
Dec 10, 2008
Ainpdude..

Try this number 313 595 0411 .. you will get a lady who is helpful . I had applied about 1.5 months back and she told me to collect my pcc after 2 months from the consultate in person ...

ainpdude said:
razbeen said:
dnataraj said:
This is a bit confusing:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/strategic-recruitment-stream-alberta-pnp-t9132.1175.html

for Chicago consulate one has to send notarized copies in stage 1. At other consulates the websites say, one has to send original passport. However when I called NY consulate they said they will not require original passport.

I will post my experience once I submit my application next week at NY consulate.

-dna
hi guys

knowing the pace at which indian govt. officials work i started working on the indian PCC at the same time as when i had applied for the AINP pre-assessment........i went thru the chicago consulate ......

here is the link that might clarify a few things http://chicago.indianconsulate.com/Passpins.html#K. _Police_Clearance_Certificate:

also i would like to mention some aspects of my experience......according to the consulate folks:

1. if your indian passport was issued in the USA AND you have had that indian passport for 5 yrs or more.....then the first stage is cut down to one day from 60 day waiting and they will issue the PCC that very day.....

2. if your indian passport was issued in the USA BUT you have had that passport for less than 5 yrs ..........than you will have 2 go thru the regular process.....

3. mine was less than 5 yrs so i had to go the whole way, but the thing to be cautious about is that..... in my case after stage -1 of the PCC process, ie after the 60 days were over, the chicago consulate didnt inform me that i was ready to move to stage -2,.........so i wasted few weeks expecting some sort of communication / status update from the indian consulate, which never came!!!!........ in the end when i called the consulate, the officer said to me "madamji, why are u waiting for us to call? ......if you havent heard from us and the 60 days are over since you applied for stage -1 , then bring your passport and we will issue the PCC"........

4. lastly, you can cut the stage one short (ie < 60 days) if you get your file # from the consulate and their fax number and have the passport office / police office (ie whoever does Police clearance in your region in india) and have them fax your record / file to the consulate here.......then you can save the time......

all the best
razbeen

==> bear in mind that coz we are dealing with govt. officials, so their "MOOD" can also influence the pace of your case.......

razbeen

Nov 18, 2008
u r right they almost never pick up the fone!...... i guess the gods were on my side that day........haha.......sorry it was a while ago so dont remember which # i was able to get thru........but being a person of habit, i remember dialing all the #'s listed on the website till i was successful....

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
Anyone has any idea on how to get foreign currency draft. I checked with BOA and they do not do it. I checked with a private firm but they charge $25 for a $11 draft.

I specifically need a 11 Euro draft payable in Germany to get certificate of good conduct (the police clearance equivalent in Germany)

-dnataraj

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
Hi guys l got my provicial nomination on dec 26 and my number is xxx xx 0241 and they recived my full application on october 10th my nomination was approved on december 12th exactly 2 months 2days after recieving my complete application that means alberta is not as slow as we think Goodluck to all still waiting

mango.lassee

Star Member
Dec 28, 2008
Hi all,

I recd my file number (not nomination) from Ab last week. From previous posts, seems like it will take 60 days to get the nomination. Since it will take about 45-60 days to get Indian PCC (from NY consulate website), should I start this now itself? Also, due to renovation of our house in India, nobody is living there. Parents will move back in once repairs are completed. Will this be a problem for obtaining PCC?

Thanks everybody.

KrisR

Star Member
Dec 10, 2008
Hi M .lassie.

Can you post your timelines here ..That will be helpful to know the processing times..
Thanks in advance..

mango.lassee said:
Hi all,

I recd my file number (not nomination) from Ab last week. From previous posts, seems like it will take 60 days to get the nomination. Since it will take about 45-60 days to get Indian PCC (from NY consulate website), should I start this now itself? Also, due to renovation of our house in India, nobody is living there. Parents will move back in once repairs are completed. Will this be a problem for obtaining PCC?

Thanks everybody.

stlguy

Star Member
Oct 21, 2008
When i got PCC in the past no one came over to my house and did any inspection.. I think they just check the records for any convictions.

I think it might be alright if there is no one at the house when you apply for PCC.

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
rascojenkins said:
Hi guys l got my provicial nomination on dec 26 and my number is xxx xx 0241 and they recived my full application on october 10th my nomination was approved on december 12th exactly 2 months 2days after recieving my complete application that means alberta is not as slow as we think Goodluck to all still waiting
Congratulations Rasco. I guess there was no query for your application. The last person before you in this thread was XXX XX 195. So it is quite a leap to 241. So I am getting closer then.

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
KrisR said:
Ainpdude..

Try this number 313 595 0411 .. you will get a lady who is helpful . I had applied about 1.5 months back and she told me to collect my pcc after 2 months from the consultate in person ...

ainpdude said:
razbeen said:
dnataraj said:
This is a bit confusing:

-dna
hi guys

all the best
razbeen

thanks kris, razbeen.... i will take a stab at that no....

chow

Sep 23, 2008
dnataraj,
Actually when I got my PCC from an European country, In the form they given 2 numbers like BIC code and an another code. I did wire transfer from BoA and they charged $35 for below $100 of the foreign currency. They provided the certificate in 5 languages including in English. So I don't have to translate it to English.

Thanks
Chow

mango.lassee

Star Member
Dec 28, 2008
Thanks Kris and stlguy. My file number is xx-42x.

Since it will take approx 60 days for nomination and also for PCC from India, have any of you initiated paperwork for PCC before receiving nomination?

KrisR

Star Member
Dec 10, 2008
Hi M. Lassie,

I intiated my PCC about a month back and i have already got my US police clearance certificate. But kindly note that the US PCC is only valid for 3 months.

mango.lassee said:
Thanks Kris and stlguy. My file number is xx-42x.

Since it will take approx 60 days for nomination and also for PCC from India, have any of you initiated paperwork for PCC before receiving nomination?