+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2020 applicants with Background verification- In Progress

Rocketsingh500

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hi guys, I have a question for all of you. Have any one of you completed your test and BG still in progress? Don’t they invite for CT after BG is completed? I called client service agent a few days ago and asked him this question. He replied that he can leave a note for the officer to invalidate my test if I am not happy. I said you got some sense of humor. Lol. I appreciate your replies. Thanks.

Rocketsingh500

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
I could be wrong but I think around $1200 to $1800 & 6-8 months until first proceeding.
I had same situation during pr application and finally went with mandamus. The cost depends on which stage of the FC you get a decision from ircc. First step the lawyer sends a note to the case management branch and gives 30 days to receive a response from ircc and obviously they don’t respond (500-800 for this step). Second step lawyer file the mandamus at FC and ircc will respond within 4 weeks that why the application is delayed and then lawyer provides a statement about the applicants and ircc have 4 weeks to respond. Usually in this stage you will lots of movement from ircc to finalize your application. We were a group of around 20 inland pr applicants went with mandamus at that time and all of us had the same issue delayed security screening. All of us got the ppr in the second stage.

Reactions: JustCitizen

JustCitizen

May 26, 2021
I had same situation during pr application and finally went with mandamus. The cost depends on which stage of the FC you get a decision from ircc. First step the lawyer sends a note to the case management branch and gives 30 days to receive a response from ircc and obviously they don’t respond (500-800 for this step). Second step lawyer file the mandamus at FC and ircc will respond within 4 weeks that why the application is delayed and then lawyer provides a statement about the applicants and ircc have 4 weeks to respond. Usually in this stage you will lots of movement from ircc to finalize your application. We were a group of around 20 inland pr applicants went with mandamus at that time and all of us had the same issue delayed security screening. All of us got the ppr in the second stage.
OMG, it must have been very painful delay. Do you know by any chance why they took so long and why your application went for comprehensive checks? anything that was common for those 20 applicants ?

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
OMG, it must have been very painful delay. Do you know by any chance why they took so long and why your application went for comprehensive checks? anything that was common for those 20 applicants ?
At that time we raised the concern (mps, news, protest, and finally lawyers) and if you search you will find many articles and news about this. Even we raised the concern in the parliament and finally late 2018 the Minster acknowledged these delays for some nationalities including Iranian and Chinese. So the answer they targeted us because of our nationality! Just note that we were a group of more than 1000 people but we decided to fo for FC processes. I am pretty sure there are lots of people who are in the same boat.

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
At that time we raised the concern (mps, news, protest, and finally lawyers) and if you search you will find many articles and news about this. Even we raised the concern in the parliament and finally late 2018 the Minster acknowledged these delays for some nationalities including Iranian and Chinese. So the answer they targeted us because of our nationality! Just note that we were a group of more than 1000 people but we decided to fo for FC processes. I am pretty sure there are lots of people who are in the same boat.
Do you know when a citizenship applicant can go with mandamus? Like is possible to start mandamus after 18 months passed since citizenship application submission?

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Do you know when a citizenship applicant can go with mandamus? Like is possible to start mandamus after 18 months passed since citizenship application submission?
I think when you hit 2 years is reasonable but the best is to consult with a lawyer that have experience with this. Raj he was on the news for delayed citizenship is a great lawyer. His firm is in calgary.

Reactions: hemeda2

JustCitizen

May 26, 2021
I think when you hit 2 years is reasonable but the best is to consult with a lawyer that have experience with this. Raj he was on the news for delayed citizenship is a great lawyer. His firm is in calgary.
But now COVID will defend them, so maybe Mandamus is kind of useless for next 2 years, because they will have a simple answer....we were in COVID.

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
But now COVID will defend them, so maybe Mandamus is kind of useless for next 2 years, because they will have a simple answer....we were in COVID.
This is true. But maybe still we can compare our processing time with other COVID applicants; there are many applicants in COVID and still have reasonable processing time for their application ...

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
This is true. But maybe still we can compare our processing time with other COVID applicants; there are many applicants in COVID and still have reasonable processing time for their application ...
Exactly, covid is for everone and i see many non urgent applicants got the citizenship in even less than a year. The lawyer is the best person to tell you about the chances to see success and when is the best time to go for it.

SNGHL_2013

Mar 26, 2013
Exactly, covid is for everone and i see many non urgent applicants got the citizenship in even less than a year. The lawyer is the best person to tell you about the chances to see success and when is the best time to go for it.
Are you planning to go for it again for Citizenship?

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Not sure about DL andpassport but DL and provincial health card should have same address or you get RQed this something I read couple months back.
I don't think this is true, AB health care card doesn't even have an address marked on it.