+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2020 applicants with Background verification- In Progress

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
Hey guys, just a repeat question. How many are still waiting for background verifications to complete? How many are PNP-PR applicants?
I know quite a few PNP-PR applicants who are stuck with BG VERIFICATIONS. So just wanted to look for a pattern.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Ok, based my notes still CSIS is working on the security!!! I don’t understand this after 8 months still it in progress. This is a joke. If we don’t follow up and raise our concerns I don’t see we can get the citizenship in years.

• Sad
Reactions: im2kool

im2kool

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
Ok, based my notes still CSIS is working on the security!!! I don’t understand this after 8 months still it in progress. This is a joke. If we don’t follow up and raise our concerns I don’t see we can get the citizenship in years.
May be they have sent a query to your home country security agency to check if you have any cases and your home country is taking tome on getting back to them.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
May be they have sent a query to your home country security agency to check if you have any cases and your home country is taking tome on getting back to them.
My past 10 year background is in canada and I do have a clearance for my job!!

SaskCana

Sep 6, 2020
A question to senior members, was seeing at my GCMS again today ( had received them 2 months ago) and found out i have three processing offices listed on them!
1. Sydney
2. Saskatoon
3. Edmonton

However interesting thing is, it says my
primary office Edmonton,
Secondly office Saskatoon
Event office Saskatoon!

i had submitted my application last year in Saskatchewan and this year i moved to Edmonton.

JustCitizen

May 26, 2021
I think we are <20 applicants who are stuck in BC from mid-2020 until now. Vast majority of applicants get BC complete on the same day via CSIS Record Check database. So definitely we are very unique in a negative way (only in IRCC mind). @umanitoba is right, it may take years plus such a small group of stuck applicants will not have any impact on IRCC performance, so who cares??? Mandamus ! Mandamus will be the way to go one day. Today while reading through this forum, I asked myself why do I need Citizenship? I am 46, kids are citizen already, so what difference will it make in my daily life if I am Citizen?

• Sad
Reactions: im2kool

hngo

Feb 8, 2021
A question to senior members, was seeing at my GCMS again today ( had received them 2 months ago) and found out i have three processing offices listed on them!
1. Sydney
2. Saskatoon
3. Edmonton

However interesting thing is, it says my
primary office Edmonton,
Secondly office Saskatoon
Event office Saskatoon!

i had submitted my application last year in Saskatchewan and this year i moved to Edmonton.
@SaskCana Did you submit an online address update on IRCC website? How did they know you had moved to Edmonton?

I recently moved from Edmonton to Toronto and I applied in Sep 2020. I don't think I want to update my address right now to further delay my application ...

im2kool

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
I think we are <20 applicants who are stuck in BC from mid-2020 until now. Vast majority of applicants get BC complete on the same day via CSIS Record Check database. So definitely we are very unique in a negative way (only in IRCC mind). @umanitoba is right, it may take years plus such a small group of stuck applicants will not have any impact on IRCC performance, so who cares??? Mandamus ! Mandamus will be the way to go one day. Today while reading through this forum, I asked myself why do I need Citizenship? I am 46, kids are citizen already, so what difference will it make in my daily life if I am Citizen?
Unfortunately, it's sad to see that law abiding people have to take IRCC to court one day for their citizenship application!

Reactions: JustCitizen

JustCitizen

May 26, 2021
Unfortunately, it's sad to see that law abiding people have to take IRCC to court one day for their citizenship application!
Sometime mandamus can go against the applicant, so It is definitely not recommended but if someone give a damn about the outcome, this is an option. If I get to that point I will definitely go for that, not to get Citizenship but I just want to desperately know those indicator(s) that have triggered my 'comprehensive check' because this is total nonsense.

im2kool

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
Sometime mandamus can go against the applicant, so It is definitely not recommended but if someone give a damn about the outcome, this is an option. If I get to that point I will definitely go for that, not to get Citizenship but I just want to desperately know those indicator(s) that have triggered my 'comprehensive check' because this is total nonsense.
Comprehensive checks may be totally random so can't do much and also they can come with any logic to back up their rationale. Any idea how much the cost of mandamus would be? I think minimum $2500.

JustCitizen

May 26, 2021
Comprehensive checks may be totally random so can't do much and also they can come with any logic to back up their rationale. Any idea how much the cost of mandamus would be? I think minimum $2500.
I could be wrong but I think around $1200 to $1800 & 6-8 months until first proceeding.