+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2020 applicants with Background verification- In Progress

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
Well, the information in the 'Security' section has ALWAYS been redacted.

I hear that ordering the same GCMS notes of your citizenship application from CBSA will show more information but I am not sure. I am on a path to find out and either confirm or deny the claim. I already have my GCMS notes from IRCC. I have ordered GCMS notes from CBSA as well (which I will receive sometime next month). Once I get that, I will compare the two notes and see if the notes from CBSA is less redacted.
Hello @rajkamalmohanram,
I just received my Gcms notes today and wondering if you could help me decode it. I see a column where it says Organization and entities. There is some activity even before I sent my citizenship application and had no contact with IRCC. Not sure why they were updating my file.
Can you please let me know what things to look for in GCSM notes. My Criminality is In Progress and due date was in march2021.

JustCitizen

May 26, 2021
Hello @rajkamalmohanram,
I just received my Gcms notes today and wondering if you could help me decode it. I see a column where it says Organization and entities. There is some activity even before I sent my citizenship application and had no contact with IRCC. Not sure why they were updating my file.
Can you please let me know what things to look for in GCSM notes. My Criminality is In Progress and due date was in march2021.
This means under which group your file is assigned and when that 'group' was created in their system, that date can be before application, i have the same thing, like some have 'Telework' group . Its just the way they organize files.
Since your security is complete, may I ask if they have withheld 'Security' section in your notes? If not, then can you please share when your security started' and when it got passed.

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
This means under which group your file is assigned and when that 'group' was created in their system, that date can be before application, i have the same thing, like some have 'Telework' group . Its just the way they organize files.
Since your security is complete, may I ask if they have withheld 'Security' section in your notes? If not, then can you please share when your security started' and when it got passed.
My security section only has my UCI, family name ,name and type. That's it. There is no information or section like in Criminality. Completely empty.
My only concern is criminality check it's passed its due date.

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi all!
My medicals and eligibility are passed, but application is stuck at criminality. There are no notes about criminality/admissibility. Last update for criminality was in 2020/11/17.
The RCMP screening says NRT on same date (), BIOMETRICS criminality is passed same time. Info sharing for all countries except Canada says "No fingerprints" (same date). I haven't travelled in any of them. I cannot understand why my application is not moving in criminality section. There have been updates on eligibility which was passed on 2021/04/27. Again, no information is provided on GCMS notes. VO is CPC-Ottawa.
What are your thoughts?
Medicals?

Aren't you talking about your citizenship grant application? If not, you are in the wrong thread.

Did you apply for PR or something else?

Last edited:

JustCitizen

May 26, 2021
Maybe I am just overthinking due COVID fatigue but this feeling of being singled out for no reason is taking toll on me and today I started my job hunt elsewhere and guess what? I already started feeling better because maybe someone out there will not consider me as 'high r..k client' even after giving 10 years of my life.

SaskCana

Sep 6, 2020
Maybe I am just overthinking due COVID fatigue but this feeling of being singled out for no reason is taking toll on me and today I started my job hunt elsewhere and guess what? I already started feeling better because maybe someone out there will not consider me as 'high r..k client' even after giving 10 years of my life.
Yesterday I was thinking we shouldn’t have applied soon after three years or 1096 days wr should have applied at 1200 days.
so probably this has caused our Bgs’ detail verification. Just my opinion!

Reactions: im2kool

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Yesterday I was thinking we shouldn’t have applied soon after three years or 1096 days wr should have applied at 1200 days.
No, I know people had concerns because of significant travel outside of canada many times and they didn’t even get request to show their copy of passport after interview and less than a year got their citizenship recently.

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
I applied for citizenship after completing +1250 days with less than a month of absence during the 5 year eligibility period and less than 40days absence in last decade.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone from Scarborough LVO with background still in process? I am trying to figure out if its my application or the majority of Scarborough applicants are still in process and waiting