+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2011 and 2012 Applicants

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi. djoli

Entry record you can prove with CBSA record only exit record you need to find out

how you travel by car or by air ??? if by air than airlines will help you.

also if you travel by car than you may seek some help from USA border staff.

hope you will over come this matter do not try to withdraw and re apply you will

get the same RQ and you will be waiting for many years....

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
djoli said:
I provided everything to them except for the "Entry/Exit" Record from the U.S.
I am worried because the Dept of Homeland Security told me it now takes anywhere from 6 - 18 months to get that report. So I sent a letter to CIC and explained to them that I won't be able to provide that information in time for the 30 day deadline, waiting on their response.
Either way, there is absolutely no way I am going to wait 6 - 18 months for a document that CIC could have asked for years ago. I am seriously considering putting in a second application but I find the $630 to be outrageous. I have reached out to my MP for help but I am not sure if there is much they can do, so I am stuck.
I ordered my FOIA records and got it within one month. Did you order your FOIA records from USA? It can take 20 days to almost many months.

Here is the link:

https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/public/request/publicPreCreate

zhading

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djoli said:
Just out of curiosity, did you receive any additional document requests such as CIT0520? Some folks like myself have received that form and I believe that adds an additional 6 months to your processing time unfortunately.
Nope, I was sure I will get one, when I saw this stupid eCAS record "we've sent you a letter on Mar 20th, please provide blah-blah-blah" And I never received anything. We've got oath letter on Tuesday and only today on the eCAS the new record appeared about this letter basically. So no I didn't receive any CIT0520 requests.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes this is was ordered. I also called them and they told me it takes anywhere from 6 - 18 months.

thecoolguysam said:
I ordered my FOIA records and got it within one month. Did you order your FOIA records from USA? It can take 20 days to almost many months.

Here is the link:

https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/public/request/publicPreCreate

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I travelled by air, so it would have to come from the DHS in the U.S, CIC already have my CBSA.

Given the fact that new applications take less than a year even with an RQ makes it a good alternative. I think we all made that mistake, had we withdrawn our application years ago and re-applied, we would have had our citizenship by now even with another RQ. I know lots of people in this forum that received RQs recently and yet received their citizenship.

janoo said:
Hi. djoli

Entry record you can prove with CBSA record only exit record you need to find out

how you travel by car or by air ??? if by air than airlines will help you.

also if you travel by car than you may seek some help from USA border staff.

hope you will over come this matter do not try to withdraw and re apply you will

get the same RQ and you will be waiting for many years....

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi... decision is yours ? better write a letter , if they need USA trip record and

they may ask for you in your new application?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
djoli said:
I travelled by air, so it would have to come from the DHS in the U.S, CIC already have my CBSA.

Given the fact that new applications take less than a year even with an RQ makes it a good alternative. I think we all made that mistake, had we withdrawn our application years ago and re-applied, we would have had our citizenship by now even with another RQ. I know lots of people in this forum that received RQs recently and yet received their citizenship.
Did you check online FOIA account to see the progress? Did you submit the 2nd CIT0520 already? I think your 2nd CIT 0520 is regarding your US entry/exits correct?

Did you print i94 records in the meanwhile and sent it to CIC?

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi.

if you send any thing from I -194 record or your request to secure record from USA
copy of the receipt or mail etc.. just send them with the letter and am sure you will
go through...

Nest76

Apr 30, 2015
where do you check your status? My online status (from immigration canada shows the same status since 2013. I get informations on the hotline but not as specific as yours, just that my file has been opened, or transfered