+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2011 and 2012 Applicants

drakef2000

Oct 25, 2011
Both my parents and parents in law got their citizenship in dec 2014 .they did have very brief interview
And oath 2 weeks after that in Scarborough

stonelzl

May 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi drakef2000 and Janoo,

How did you find out your file has been transferred to Scarborough office? By calling to CIC help desk? Will it show anything in your application status from CIC web site? I feel it is very good news to get your file left Sr. Clair office.

My friend's case is very similar to yours,

March 2012 - Application Received
July 2013 - Started processing
August 2013 - RQ and finger print
February 2014 - Test
April 2015 - RCMP background check

zhading

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally got my oath letter today. Ceremony is scheduled for 19th of May, and it is going to be 42 months since they received my application... Interestingly enough this stupid eCAS system still shows "In process" for my application. I still can't believe it finally happened, lol. Looks like it is moving, but painfully slow. Our friend also got invitation after 43 months recently (RQ before the test). So looks like 42-43 months is a more realistic estimation for non-routine case processing today. So good luck everybody, and wish you to get you oath letter sooner.

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations.... Awful long time. But hey it's over......

zhading said:
Finally got my oath letter today. Ceremony is scheduled for 19th of May, and it is going to be 42 months since they received my application... Interestingly enough this stupid eCAS system still shows "In process" for my application. I still can't believe it finally happened, lol. Looks like it is moving, but painfully slow. Our friend also got invitation after 43 months recently (RQ before the test). So looks like 42-43 months is a more realistic estimation for non-routine case processing today. So good luck everybody, and wish you to get you oath letter sooner.

bogazici10

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zhading said:
great news for you for us thank you

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zhading said:
Congrats !!!!

I am completely puzzled though. This week we have seen posts of October 2012 RQ applicant getting his oath. That is in addition to other late 2012 applicants which got oath invitation last few weeks. Now we have here an applicant who is a 2011 applicant received oath at the same timeframe as late 2012 ones....and these are all non routine cases who are supposed to be at the same queue

What is the logic behind this ?

zhading

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot, folks!

ItkExpert said:
...and these are all non routine cases who are supposed to be at the same queue

I gave up trying to find any logic behind CIC actions. Obviously CIC's definition of "queue" is totally different from what normal people use ;D It definitely looks like they simply pull cases randomly out of that huge heap of non-routine cases...

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zhading said:
Thanks a lot, folks!

I gave up trying to find any logic behind CIC actions. Obviously CIC's definition of "queue" is totally different from what normal people use ;D It definitely looks like they simply pull cases randomly out of that huge heap of non-routine cases...
Looks like you finally got lucky and your case was a winning number lol. Congrats for leaving the club of unfortunates l :) hopefully my case is also wins the draw soon

zhading

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ItkExpert said:
Looks like you finally got lucky and your case was a winning number lol. Congrats for leaving the club of unfortunates l :) hopefully my case is also wins the draw soon
yeah, I have the same feeling, it is more about luck than fair processing... However, reaching 40-41 months your chances are going up ;D Anyway, good luck and let's hope that you and the rest of applicants will wait less than me.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi Zhading .

Congratulation and your prey get result and you are now at ease with CIC headache.

Am waiting since 40 months today my file enter into 41 month.... no movement

file travel from scarbrough -st.clair - scarbrough no up date .

waiting for back ground check up to be complete than the file will move forward

for interview/test and than next step....

zhading

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:
Hi Zhading .
Congratulation and your prey get result and you are now at ease with CIC headache.
Am waiting since 40 months today my file enter into 41 month.... no movement
file travel from scarbrough -st.clair - scarbrough no up date .
waiting for back ground check up to be complete than the file will move forward
for interview/test and than next step....
Thanks much!
Well, I hope that this file move from St.Clair to Scarborough is a good sign. This maybe an indication that you have been waitlisted for a next step. I called CIC a number of times since the strange record appeared in eCAS, but they gave me no news. Last time I called (it was in April, literally next day after different agent told there were absolutely no changes in the file since January) I was told that my wife and myself are waitlisted for ceremony and our file moved back to Ottawa some time ago. So whatever agents telling you can be absolute BS, but that's old news.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The older the application the longer it takes to process that is the logic that CIC uses. You would think that will tackle the oldest applications first, but no, it is just the opposite. Let us just hope that things keep moving very quickly before the new law takes effect.

ItkExpert said:
Congrats !!!!

I am completely puzzled though. This week we have seen posts of October 2012 RQ applicant getting his oath. That is in addition to other late 2012 applicants which got oath invitation last few weeks. Now we have here an applicant who is a 2011 applicant received oath at the same timeframe as late 2012 ones....and these are all non routine cases who are supposed to be at the same queue

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just out of curiosity, did you receive any additional document requests such as CIT0520? Some folks like myself have received that form and I believe that adds an additional 6 months to your processing time unfortunately.

zhading said:
yeah, I have the same feeling, it is more about luck than fair processing... However, reaching 40-41 months your chances are going up ;D Anyway, good luck and let's hope that you and the rest of applicants will wait less than me.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi djoili

I am also worried why they ask additional documents at time of first RQ did you hand over

the documents as requested ? if so than what additional documents you have to provide

to CIC.

-full passport translation for last 4 years.
-tax assessment paper.
-homeowner ship.
-T5/T4.
-utility bills/auto mobile doucments/insurance etc.
health record/cbsa record
travelling board pass/ticket etc..

I do not think any other paper available ??

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I provided everything to them except for the "Entry/Exit" Record from the U.S.
I am worried because the Dept of Homeland Security told me it now takes anywhere from 6 - 18 months to get that report. So I sent a letter to CIC and explained to them that I won't be able to provide that information in time for the 30 day deadline, waiting on their response.
Either way, there is absolutely no way I am going to wait 6 - 18 months for a document that CIC could have asked for years ago. I am seriously considering putting in a second application but I find the $630 to be outrageous. I have reached out to my MP for help but I am not sure if there is much they can do, so I am stuck.

janoo said:
Hi djoili

I am also worried why they ask additional documents at time of first RQ did you hand over

the documents as requested ? if so than what additional documents you have to provide

to CIC.

-full passport translation for last 4 years.
-tax assessment paper.
-homeowner ship.
-T5/T4.
-utility bills/auto mobile doucments/insurance etc.
health record/cbsa record
travelling board pass/ticket etc..

I do not think any other paper available ??