+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 REFUSALS ALREADY, NEW APPLICATION WITH LOTS OF CHANGES! NEED REVIEWS.

lovepreet_singh

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Actually no! Permanent residence card is not considered temporary, read about it. If a PR can eventually lead to a citizenship it’s never temporary. In your case you legitimately have a permanent residence of a country which you can become a citizen of, applying from India can work against you given your entire family lives in Spain and you can do whatever you want to there.
We don’t know about rules of the place you currently live in, you should research about it and not compare your case with people from the Middle East. If IRCC questions us we literally have a proper reason to give them that is we are here just for work but for you it’s hard to explain why you are applying from a country when you reside elsewhere with a PR. Do your own research. Applicants from the Middle East have been doing that (you can read in the threads here) and provide the justification that we don’t “live” here just are here for work and show real ties to our home country. In your case if your family and your real ties are with Spain, applying from India is not the best for you. Also having a PR from Spain can work in your favor if you make a strong case saying “you already have permanent residence in a country like Spain so your purpose is to study in Canada and return because you eventually want to be a citizen of Spain and have been working towards it as your family lives there too” why not monetize that?
Honestly you don’t have a complicated case and by going the other route you are making it.
THANKS for all the information... I hope and pray that you do get a visa... you have a strong profile .. apply with a great s.o.p....

lovepreet_singh

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
I live in the UK with my husband, a British citizen from birth. As sqfit says, you are on a path that can lead to citizenship. It is not a temporary status like worker/student and is nothing like the status of someone in the Middle East. You're in a European country. In the UK there is a further leave to remain and indefinite leave to remain spousal path, which effectively is permanent residence but without uk passport/citizenship. If I did a test I can apply for UK passport and citizenship. Same as PRs in Canada if they stay for 3 years and do the Canadian equivalent.

I already applied for my Canadian study permit and selected "permanent resident" in the drop down, as really that is what I am in the UK. My husband will be remaining in the UK, we have property here and the only reason I'm going to Canada is for a career change course that is not available here.

Anyway, I shall let you know how how I get on. Eligibility review hasn't even started yet.
What's the overall processing time for study permit in UK and Europe normally???
I wanna know that the files are processed in Canada (IRCC) or in our respective countries of applying ??

Shmiler

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
What's the overall processing time for study permit in UK and Europe normally???
I wanna know that the files are processed in Canada (IRCC) or in our respective countries of applying ??
I'm not sure on Spain. UK was showing 5 weeks before they stopped giving individual office processing times and gave a blanket number covering all offices. It then jumped to 12 weeks. Yesterday it was showing 8 weeks with an update due later today.