+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

WP_Jun13

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just found this thread and happy to see that I see some useful information. I am sharing my details.

I submitted my paper application on 24-Jun-13. When i asked for status I got the below response on 24-Sep13.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir/Madame,

This is in response to your email below

Processing has begun on this application and is now in queue for assessment.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on May 14, 2013

If you require your passport back sooner, and wish to withdraw your application, please send a message to this e-mail address. Please be sure to put the following in the subject line: "Request to withdraw application". In your email, please be sure to include your full name, your date of birth, your sex, your passport number .

Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada
New York, NY, USA

Bulg_WP

Oct 11, 2013
Hi all,

I was told on October 7th (4 days ago) that they are processing applications received on July 1st. I submitted mine on July 8th electronically. Still waiting for update. Anyone heard anything more recently?

skpan

Oct 13, 2013
Hi,

It seems processing of WP through VAC is really fast. I have submitted my ICT WP application in person at NY VAC in the beginning of Oct 2013. . The approval came within 1 week.

My employer's attorney has informed me there are others who applied by mail at NY VAC ( Not directly to consulate) and they got approval in 3/4 weeks time.

I recommend if possible apply in person at VAC.

tech.next315

Sep 6, 2013
skpan said:
Hi,

It seems processing of WP through VAC is really fast. I have submitted my ICT WP application in person at NY VAC in the beginning of Oct 2013. . The approval came within 1 week.

My employer's attorney has informed me there are others who applied by mail at NY VAC ( Not directly to consulate) and they got approval in 3/4 weeks time.

I recommend if possible apply in person at VAC.
Congrats buddy, you are lucky
wow... so they dont seem to have first in first out funda..... looks like which ever file they get their hands on :(
hopefully they with get to all applications submitted in July,aug,sep soon

SamCanada2013

Oct 5, 2013
That seems strange! Now I am wondering if I should try to get my company do the same. Can any one else relate to the same experience? Any one with the latest update on which date of applications are currently being processed for online and paper?

tech.next315 said:
Congrats buddy, you are lucky
wow... so they dont seem to have first in first out funda..... looks like which ever file they get their hands on :(
hopefully they with get to all applications submitted in July,aug,sep soon

quanwang2dai

Oct 16, 2013
Hi, Guys. Share a reply with u from NY visa office. Received at Oct 10th. It's online application outside Canada directly through CIC.

Just put another inquiry and waiting for response.
------------------------
Dear Sir/Madame,

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on July 8, 2013

rajthilakICT

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
quanwang2dai said:
Hi, Guys. Share a reply with u from NY visa office. Received at Oct 10th. It's online application outside Canada directly through CIC.

------------------------
Dear Sir/Madame,

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on July 8, 2013
Thanks quan wang

PCool

Sep 26, 2013
quanwang2dai said:

------------------------
Dear Sir/Madame,

hmm finalizing the July 8th online application on Oct 10. It is weird that Bulg_WP who submitted online on July 8 still did not receive the email; today is already Oct 16.

Bulg_WP

Oct 11, 2013
My lawyers just told me they have seen some approvals for applications submitted the same week as mine. So some, but not all applications submitted on and around July 8th have been processed.

tech.next315

Sep 6, 2013
OCt 8 they were processing July 1st
Oct 16 they were processing July 8th

looks like a day for a day

Bulg_WP, thanks for the update, let us know when you get your email