+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

Bulg_WP

Oct 11, 2013
So it turns out my application, submitted online on July 8th, was approved on October 11th. The lawyers sent my passport to NY the same day? Any idea how long it takes them to return it?

tech.next315

Sep 6, 2013
Bulg_WP said:
So it turns out my application, submitted online on July 8th, was approved on October 11th. The lawyers sent my passport to NY the same day? Any idea how long it takes them to return it?
Congrats buddy.... from what i have read on this blog .... generally it takes 1 week time if done speedpost both sides .... but I would give it 2 weeks...

SamCanada2013

Oct 5, 2013
Congrats. What mail service was used by your lawer to send the mail? Do you have to provide a return envelope for the passport as well?

Bulg_WP said:

WP_Jun13

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Varun.

If anyone knows the paper application processing date as of today please update.

The latest was from Varun (12-Jun was being finalized as of 16-Oct) Thanks.

tech.next315

Sep 6, 2013
guys, .....July 18th, online, ICT

--------------
All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on July 18, 2013
--------------

rajthilakICT

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
tech.next315 said:

--------------
All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on July 18, 2013
--------------
Awesome...Thanks Buddy..... keep your fingers crossed..just another 5days

SamCanada2013

Oct 5, 2013
Thanks Tech

My application is now 20 days away. Will post update once my lawyers office get any update.

tech.next315 said:

--------------
--------------

darxider

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
i got a message from CIC, asking me to send my passport. i had applied online through CIC on June 29th for a non-LMO work permit/temporary resident visa.

is this the correct address to send my passport to?

EAPP
Canadian Consulate General
Immigration Section
1251 Avenue of the Americas,
New York, NY 10020

tech.next315

Sep 6, 2013
This is strange that i got the response that consulate is processing July 18th and June 29th is being processed now ...

Dont they mention the address in the email requesting you the passport..... if it doesnt have any personal info, can you paste the letter here

darxider said:
i got a message from CIC, asking me to send my passport. i had applied online through CIC on June 29th for a non-LMO work permit/temporary resident visa.

EAPP
Immigration Section
New York, NY 10020

rajthilakICT

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
darxider said:

EAPP
Immigration Section
New York, NY 10020
Darxrider,

Can you please mention, when you recievec the passport request.

Thanks

varun.jasti

Oct 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WP_Jun13 said:
Varun, could you pls let us know if you got any update?
Not yet, my friend !
I was concerned and asked my lawyer about it.
She told me not to worry and mostly we cant rely 100% on their timeline provided.

So dont know what to do other than keep waiting…

I wrote a new query yesterday to new york consulate and i am expecting a reply tomorrow.
I am eager to see what they will reply…
Will keep u updated…as soon as i hear something.

Thanks,
Varun

gzheng

Oct 6, 2013
First appreciate all the previous posts here.

Share my time-line: I got a message from CIC on Oct 22, requesting passport. I submitted WP online through MyCIC on June 30th. Later, I had inquiry of status and feedback showed that NY Consulate evaluated my application. I sent my passport to NY Consulate yesterday.