+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want to move to Canada

Yeah, hopefully I will be able to get time off to go the doctor, I need to go there anyway.

Also, unfortunatley, they do need to have known me for 2 years. The form says:

The back of your photograph needs to be signed by a person listed below.

This person is someone other than yourself, your partner or a family member who can confirm your identity and has known you for a minimum of 2 years.

So yeah, it kinda annoying, but I'll have to get it done as soon as I can.

Right, Leon, this is probably the stupidest question I have asked, but, do you think it matters that where I have printed the form off, you can barely see the coloured ink?

All it says is:

(at top) (to be completed by the Endorser of the photograph)

(in middle) Your Check List – please tick when you are satisfied the item is included

and then at bottom a note about the police check (this is on each page though)

Do you think this will matter? all the details will still be there, and the main areas are in black ink such as:

I am not a relative or partner of the Applicant. I have endorsed and signed on the back of the photograph confirming that the image is a true likeness of the Applicant.

Signature ……………………………………………………………………Date… dd / mm / yyyy
Print name …………………………………………………………………………………………….……
Occupation ………………………………………………………………………………………….……...

So you think it will be alright if the colour ink on page is low? (it's only this one page too, rest was printed awhile back)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Change your printer preferences to print it in b/w only, then it doesn't matter if your color ink is low. If you can still read the colored parts of the text, I would think it's ok though.

Leon said:
Change your printer preferences to print it in b/w only, then it doesn't matter if your color ink is low. If you can still read the colored parts of the text, I would think it's ok though.
The coloured ink is readable, just barely, and the coloured part doesn't really say nothing important anyway, as I shown earlier, I just wanted to make sure.

Just been to the doctor and he signed it all for me, and stamped it (although I smudged the stamp but all the writing/his signature is still there and can be read) ... so I should be fine.

Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am sure that a doctor would be covered under one of the other groups on there as a personal license holder, civil servant or what have you. I think that if an optician, dentist or a nurse can do it, even a professional photographer can do it, a doctor should be ok but you can call them and ask.

From the application form you had that you gave the list from in an earlier post, it says: • General Practitioner so it's covered there.

Got everything ready now, will send for my police check next week, and then when that returns I can send everything to BUNAC because I got nearly got everything needed for that:

- Completed form (nearly all done)
- Reference (got from my supervisor at work)
- Police certificate (everything ready just need to apply)
- CV (all done)
- 2 passport pics (done)
- 2 copies of passport page (done)

One police check is done, rest is all easy, thanks for all the help you've given me Leon, and even though I asked many stupid questions, you still helped, thanks again.

Blegh, time for another stupid question.

Once again regarding police check.

On the form in the FAQ section it says:

• Can I pay online?
No, you can pay by cheque, bankers draft or postal order. Your payment must be in pounds sterling. You can arrange for someone else to pay the fee for you if necessary

Now, do I need to tell them that my mum will be providing the cheque, or, do I just send the cheque like it is with everything else? ... I only ask because it says I can arrange for someone else to pay it.

Sent away for police check now, hopefully everything was alright.

Mum wrote cheque for me.

I worry too much though, and one thing I have an issue with is, when my doctor signed my photograph he had to write:

“I certify this to be a true likeness of ...”

however, when writing it, he wrote this is a true ... instead of this to be a ...

you think this will really matter that much? it's still clear and the writing can all be read. He also stamped the pic with one of his stamps from the surgery, the stamp is smudged, but none of the needed writing has been ruined by this, and the stamp wasn't needed anyway, you think this will matter either? I assume it will be ok because he's a doctor and knows what he's doing under these situations.

Ok, sent it away 10 days ago, and still not heard from them =/

I hope they have received it ...

If they have, I doubt there's been any problems because they haven't tried to contact me.

The form did however say:

You are advised to allow extra time if your application is made close to a UK Bank Holiday.

There was a bank holiday on the Monday just gone, so I guess I'll just have to keep waiting ...

Also, when I require a reference for the Bunac application, I got one from my supervisor at work which needs to be recently dated and signed. I got it done on the 9th March, think this will still be ok?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think March 9 is still recent but if it's not recent enough, I am sure they will let you know :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long is it supposed to take? If you have already waited a week longer than it's supposed to be, go ahead and ask them.