+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vulnerable open work Permit process time

Aadi007

Apr 1, 2019
Because I used to work at EI

You have to be open & willingly able to work
You can’t if you have a closed work permit and no longer working at the job the closed work permit was attached to

So in affect you’re lying when you’re doing your weekly EI reports

It’s one of THE questions asked on the weekly reports

And none of this I paid into EI so I should get to be able to claim it

That’s not how it works
You can apply for jobs and open and willing to work. You can only applied for job which employees can give lmia an extra document with offer letter.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Brother i was confused too. So i called the EI. They were confused too then they transferred to the supervisor he took my case and told me he will confirm and call me back with all the information. When I received the call they told me after confirming from higher management yes close work permit can apply for EI. I was approved including with other close work permit applicants. I know many other who was thinking the same but after i told them my experience they applied too and got approved for EI until they found new job with lmia. It was not some special case. I am telling my personal experience.
Then you’re answering the EI questions wrong
You don’t have a valid work permit
And a supervisor doesn’t make that call . It goes to an adjudicator

Aadi007

Apr 1, 2019
Then you’re answering the EI questions wrong
You don’t have a valid work permit
And a supervisor doesn’t make that call . It goes to an adjudicator
I received the call from EI. And they told me i am approved after confirming from supervisor. Rest you figure out

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I received the call from EI. And they told me i am approved after confirming from supervisor. Rest you figure out
Sadly many in the government make mistakes or there may have been a miscommunication since many who work for Service Canada are unaware of immigration policies. You are still reporting that you are available to work as soon as you find employment which isn’t the case. If the error is ever discovered you will have to pay back all the money you received. Assume you don’t have all this correspondence via email.

Aadi007

Apr 1, 2019
Sadly many in the government make mistakes or there may have been a miscommunication since many who work for Service Canada are unaware of immigration policies. You are still reporting that you are available to work as soon as you find employment which isn’t the case. If the error is ever discovered you will have to pay back all the money you received. Assume you don’t have all this correspondence via email.
Hahahahaha so guys are so full of self. You think what you knows is the only information in the world. The employees and supervisors who approved the EI including mine EI and many i know who are still on EI. They dont know the rules and unaware of policies. When i was on EI i received a follow up call from EI telling the same thing you are telling me then i explained here the same she told she will come back to me after week she called me and told me you can continue your EI. So you guys are assuming that all these active employees and supervisors dont know shit and you guys knows it. They approved 6 persons EI in which 4 are still getting EI. Grow up

Aadi007

Apr 1, 2019
One more thing i i will like to add to give you guys the chance to understand. It was not a simple process to get approved for EI. They asked me to upload my work permit and the type of jobs i will be able to apply when she said to me i need to talk to my supervisor and will call you one more time. I uploaded my work permit etc. my work permit was expiring in 4 months i got EI just for four months.

Aadi007

Apr 1, 2019
Atleast do some google search before saying anything. Here are some links for you guys to get educated

https://publications.gc.ca/collections/collection_2022/edsc-esdc/HS24-40-2008-eng.pdf

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hahahahaha so guys are so full of self. You think what you knows is the only information in the world. The employees and supervisors who approved the EI including mine EI and many i know who are still on EI. They dont know the rules and unaware of policies. When i was on EI i received a follow up call from EI telling the same thing you are telling me then i explained here the same she told she will come back to me after week she called me and told me you can continue your EI. So you guys are assuming that all these active employees and supervisors dont know shit and you guys knows it. They approved 6 persons EI in which 4 are still getting EI. Grow up
Sadly there is a lot of incompetence in the government and lack of knowledge of immigration programs.

Aadi007

Apr 1, 2019
You literally attached proof that you don’t qualify because you are not “able to work” on a closed work permit for any other employer.
Mannnnnn but you can applyyyyyy forrrrrrr newwww jobssssss when you are hired by new employer apply new work permit. Why its so hard for you guys to understand

Aadi007

Apr 1, 2019
Sadly there is a lot of incompetence in the government and lack of knowledge of immigration programs.
Do one thing contact temporary foreign worker advisor office. The are the one who is there to help or advice needed for temporary workers. As per them you are eligible for EI. Now tell me that even they dont know. Thats there only job to know the immigration and service canada rules for temporary foreigners workers.

Jashansauni

Aug 21, 2024
Hey I have applied for Canada lmia visa work permit 54 day passed of biometrics on plumber experience when I can recieve approval ?