+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vulnerable open work Permit process time

albertalbert

Jun 26, 2022
Hi, good morning, I requested Open work permit vulnerabke worker , 27 february, but I dont have received answer about that, I called to Ircc and an officer told me that my request is in process they have a lot cases.
Whats the ircc contact number you called? Thanks

ggonzalez22

Aug 29, 2024
I need your advice guys...

So I came to Canada Dec 2023on a closed work permit. I went to the employer to know when to start work but the employer boldly told me there is no job and that I should go to the immigration company. I have a signed contract with this employer plus the LMIA. I went to the immigration company and they told me there is no job and that the economy is hard now. Later they gave me someone's number to work with. I thought this person will provide me with an LMIA to change my status but no he didn't. Knowing that it was illegal for me to work elsewhere due to my closed work permit, I felt extremely vulnerable and desperate to survive, so I accepted the job. I was really in a vulnerable state. After three months, I became increasingly uncomfortable with the situation, realizing that my integrity was at stake, and I decided to stop working.

Before this happened, this same immigration consultant sent me an email with a proposal of a work visa to Canada telling me they are licensed and work with more than 700 companies in canada. I was shocked and provoked because he was the same person who told me there is no job. Also, when I received the Job Offer and LMIA from the Immigration company, I forwarded it to the Employer for verification but the employer did not respond to my mail but rather informed the immigration company about it and my case manager confronted me that she was the only one I should channel all my questions to.

I have evidence to proof all these. I met a guy online who happens to be using the services of this same immigration company and he shared some info with me. After he got his visa approved, the immigration company sent him an email that the employer said the job is no longer available due to delays in processing. And guess what this person got to canada without a job and got stranded for sometime. Upon receiving my visa the immigration company used the same format on me. Its been 7 months now and I have tried my best to get a job but nothing has happened.

I reported to Service Canada about it and they asked me to provide evidence but I am afraid I will be deported though part of me believes I was lured to do that illegal job so I can be quiet on the matter. I have not been able to send the report plus the evidence to service canada. Also I have met 3 people who have been victimized by this same immigration company.

What do you guys suggest I do please help, I have been indoors for long without working.
Hey there I also have the same issue with Greenlight what did you end up doing?

mehaktiwana

Jun 27, 2024
Hi,
Can anyone help me out for this question?
My Cousin is in Surrey and came on close work permit. He haven't start the job yet. Can he change another job on the basis of another lmia (Close wp) basically from construction to trucker(Surrey to toronto).
Thanks a lot.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
My Cousin is in Surrey and came on close work permit. He haven't start the job yet. Can he change another job on the basis of another lmia (Close wp) basically from construction to trucker(Surrey to toronto).
Thanks a lot.
Yes he can change jobs, but he needs to wait until the new work permit is approved before he can start working for the new employer.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Do he need any thing from previous employer or any pay stubs from previous employer because he haven't start job yet.
No, he won't need this. However it's possible IRCC may have concerns that he came on a closed work permit, never worked for that employer, and is now applying for a new work permit with a different employer. He should make sure he has very solid qualifications and work experience related to the new job. It's also possible IRCC may have questions about what happened with the first job.

Why hasn't he started working with the first employer?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
Thanks a lot.
Would be very with many of these advertised trucking jobs many are scams or frauds. Do not pay for an LMIA. It may become much more is difficult to obtain WPs in general.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
yeah confused now. Because one consultant told me if he did not start job there, will be issue to get new lmia based work permit. Dont know how to handle
There is no exact answer. Really depends on the circumstances. Would add that it could take 6 months to process VOW with no guarantees of approval and then a 1 year WP does not guarantee the ability to stay in Canada longer than that so you really need to reassess whether they should just return home.