+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vulnerable open work Permit process time

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hahahahaha come on man go check your facts. I am telling you from personal experience. So dont say things just from top of ur head before knowing the facts.
Just not true you need to show that you are actively looking for other employment to qualify for EI. If on a closed WP you are not able to look for other employment your WP limits you to your employer.

Aadi007

Apr 1, 2019
Just not true you need to show that you are actively looking for other employment to qualify for EI. If on a closed WP you are not able to look for other employment your WP limits you to your employer.
I will say it again stop saying things from top of ur head before doing your research. You can search for employer who have lmia they can offer you jobs. I am getting EI. I am on closed WP.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I will say it again stop saying things from top of ur head before doing your research. You can search for employer who have lmia they can offer you jobs. I am getting EI. I am on closed WP.
You are not entitled to EI though and you will have to pay back all the EI you received if discovered. You are incorrectly declaring that you are actively looking for work which you aren’t actually able to do on a closed WP. You would need a new WP to start a new job which means you aren’t currently able to look for another job that you could start any day. EI fraud not ideal if you want to remain in Canada.

Aadi007

Apr 1, 2019
You are not entitled to EI though and you will have to pay back all the EI you received if discovered. You are incorrectly declaring that you are actively looking for work which you aren’t actually able to do on a closed WP. You would need a new WP to start a new job which means you aren’t currently able to look for another job that you could start any day. EI fraud not ideal if you want to remain in Canada.
Man you stupid. I am trying to explain but all in vain

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Man you stupid. I am trying to explain but all in vain
Nobody on a closed work permit is entitled to EI if they lose their jobs. Looking for another job which would require an approved LMIA and new WP is not considered looking for a job that you can start immediately. If on an OWP you are entitled to claim EI if you meet the eligibility criteria.

Aadi007

Apr 1, 2019
Nobody on a closed work permit is entitled to EI if they lose their jobs. Looking for another job which would require an approved LMIA and new WP is not considered looking for a job that you can start immediately. If on an OWP you are entitled to claim EI if you meet the eligibility criteria.
You can search a new job even while working on close work permit or not working with the lmia employer anymore. Thats your right given by canada. But you can only look for employer who can provide lmia. Thats it.

Aadi007

Apr 1, 2019
Lmia work permit doesn't mean that they hired a slave who cant search for new jobs or cant change the job if he found a better one.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I am telling you from my personal experience and many other i know who got EI. When i applied EI i called them and ask this information they told me yes you are entitled even on close work permit.
Because I used to work at EI

You have to be open & willingly able to work
You can’t if you have a closed work permit and no longer working at the job the closed work permit was attached to

So in affect you’re lying when you’re doing your weekly EI reports

It’s one of THE questions asked on the weekly reports

And none of this I paid into EI so I should get to be able to claim it

That’s not how it works

For each week of the report, you need to:
indicate dates and hours worked and earnings before deductions, even if you'll be paid later.
provide the contact information of any employers.
enter hours spent at school or in a training course and any training allowance received.
indicate whether you were available for work.

Last edited:

Aadi007

Apr 1, 2019
Because I used to work at EI

You have to be open & willingly able to work
You can’t if you have a closed work permit and no longer working at the job the closed work permit was attached to

So in affect you’re lying when you’re doing your weekly EI reports
Brother i was confused too. So i called the EI. They were confused too then they transferred to the supervisor he took my case and told me he will confirm and call me back with all the information. When I received the call they told me after confirming from higher management yes close work permit can apply for EI. I was approved including with other close work permit applicants. I know many other who was thinking the same but after i told them my experience they applied too and got approved for EI until they found new job with lmia. It was not some special case. I am telling my personal experience.