Waived
Passport Req..
Decision made 3/6/15, PPR 3/31/15
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 04/27/15
LANDED..........
08/08/15
canuck_in_uk said:
If these missing documents were the only reason for refusal AND you can prove that you sent them to the lawyer on time but the lawyer didn't forward them on, then it's possible CIC will re-open your file. I suggest you go back to your MP and ask them to send an urgent request explaining this.

If CIC refuses, then I suggest you forgo an appeal and simply file a new app including those documents. It will be cheaper and faster.
Exactly what Canuck said! Your objective now should be to focus on getting your spouse to Canada.
Fingers crossed that your MP can convey that you placed your faith in a lawyer that really didn't do the right thing. However, when all's said and done the onus is on the individual to ensure that the application is received in full by CIC regardless of if you employ or appoint an agent/lawyer.
Also what Canuck said about appealing, much quicker process to resubmit the app.
I really hope this works out well for you, it is awful that your "lawyer" messed this up.

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Applechunks said:
Exactly what Canuck said! Your objective now should be to focus on getting your spouse to Canada.
Fingers crossed that your MP can convey that you placed your faith in a lawyer that really didn't do the right thing. However, when all's said and done the onus is on the individual to ensure that the application is received in full by CIC regardless of if you employ or appoint an agent/lawyer.
Also what Canuck said about appealing, much quicker process to resubmit the app.
I really hope this works out well for you, it is awful that your "lawyer" messed this up.
She said MP is screwed up also. She said you can't appeal the case and she has to wait 3 years. She needs help. So I told her prepare Affidavit. MP is unwilling to help looks like to me. Tell MP lawyer screwed up everything.

Applechunks

Star Member
Nov 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/30/2014
AOR Received.
AOR 12/24/14, SA 12/29/14
File Transfer...
Sydney 01/06/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10/07/2014, Meds received ECAS 01/06/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08/08/15
sohaib1 said:
She said MP is screwed up also. She said you can't appeal the case and she has to wait 3 years. She needs help. So I told her prepare Affidavit. MP is unwilling to help looks like to me. Tell MP lawyer screwed up everything.
Sure I can see what you've advised, but as I said (and so did the CIC agent) the onus was on her to ensure that her application was complete and received in full. CIC is under no obligation to consider the lawyer's alleged misconduct.
I don't know the ins and outs of this case but appealing is almost never a viable option anyway (unless it Is a last option) because the process is so long and drawn out. If this case was only rejected due to not receiving the documents and CIC will not take into account her lawyers alleged negligence, then the best course of action is to lodge a new application.

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Applechunks said:
Sure I can see what you've advised, but as I said (and so did the CIC agent) the onus was on her to ensure that her application was complete and received in full. CIC is under no obligation to consider the lawyer's alleged misconduct.
I don't know the ins and outs of this case but appealing is almost never a viable option anyway (unless it Is a last option) because the process is so long and drawn out. If this case was only rejected due to not receiving the documents and CIC will not take into account her lawyers alleged negligence, then the best course of action is to lodge a new application.
She can't apply again, she can only apply after 3 years. She needs to appeal. So she should appeal or just fill out everything again

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
sohaib1 said:
She can't apply again, she can only apply after 3 years. She needs to appeal. So she should appeal or just fill out everything again
There is no such rule. She can apply again immediately.

Applechunks

Star Member
Nov 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/30/2014
AOR Received.
AOR 12/24/14, SA 12/29/14
File Transfer...
Sydney 01/06/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10/07/2014, Meds received ECAS 01/06/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08/08/15
MilesAway said:
What Miles said.... :)

payal9

Aug 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April-2014
Med's Done....
March-2014
Passport Req..
faith in god
VISA ISSUED...
God knws
LANDED..........
faith in god
PrayingforPR said:
Latest update: I had another lawyer look at my notes and he told me that CIC has been asking since October 2014 for documents and no one responded. They even put my case on PFL and no one responded. My lawyer really messed up. Now is there a way I can speak to someone to explain that my lawyer was absent all this time?

The new lawyer is saying to reapply but the wait time is 29 months now. Then he's saying apply for express entry as well. All of this will cost me close to $10,000. I don't have that kind of money. What should I do? Could someone please guide me?
wat is PFL????

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
MilesAway said:
She consulted a new lawyer also and he said you can apply after 3 years. She is very worried. Allah please help her

PrayingforPR

Star Member
Jan 21, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/London
NOC Code......
Husband's case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
Doc's Request.
23-05-2013
Nomination.....
Case rejected
Latest update: Feb 25/15 10:11 AM

Got a call from the MP's office, it's his Case Manager who said that they can't intervene once the decision is made. If I need to do anything, just contact the CIC and ask them to send me the rejection letter again.

Latest update: Feb 25/15 9:20 AM

Sent an email to MP (Chris Alexander's staff who's looking at my case on his behalf), cc'd Mayor of Toronto.

Good morning,

I've talked to many immigration consultants and lawyers over the past few days and they all have provided me with the same response. It's the mistake of the lawyer and the gap between the communication from CIC. It's been more than 3 weeks since a letter was mailed out but so far we still haven't received it, after multiple requests made at the CIC contact centre. CIC has been asking for my documents since October 2014, but because of the communication gap between CIC and my lawyer, no request was sent to us. I urge you to help on compassionate and humanitarian grounds. This is all because of repeated requests made that were never sent to me. This afternoon, I'm going to meet with a lawyer to have a sworn affadavit prepared for the case to prove the validity of our marriage and also to show that the communication still hasn't been received, nor was it ever sent to me.

I've also contacted few TV stations to bring this matter up. If this matter is something which is out of your department, please direct me to the right person, whether it's Mr. Alexander or the Mayor of Toronto.

Please get in touch with me and let me know what it is that I can do to help in escalating this matter.

Thanks,

Thank you all for your support and well wishes! I appreciate your kind words and it means a great deal since I feel like I've been knocked down and out.

Here's what my thoughts are on how to proceed. I'll contact my MP (Chris Alexander but his staff Shaima is the one I'm in contact with) and will ask her to get someone involved. If she says she can't do anything, then I'll request to speak to Chris Alexander. There has to be someone who can help!

I'm also going to get a lawyer and prepare a sworn affadavit including all of the details and letting them know the gap which happened with no communication from my lawyer. I'll also let them know that it's been 3 weeks since the decision was made and a letter was sent and so far I haven't gotten it. So obviously there's a gap!!

Rest is up to Allah. I'm open to suggestions, please provide any if you find might help me with this case. If anyone has a lawyer, please let me know. Just to mention, everyone who has contacted me and provided me with a contact number for a lawyer or immigration consultant, I have contacted them and will continue to be in touch with them.

A special mention to each and every member of this forum who has reached out to me with kind words and support. I really appreciate your love and guidance. Especially a big thank YOU to a sister who even offered financial assistance. May Allah give you all from his infinite bounty and ease all of your hardships inshallah! JazakAllah and much love all!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
sohaib1 said:
She consulted a new lawyer also and he said you can apply after 3 years. She is very worried. Allah please help her
There is no such rule, you can re-apply immediately. Any lawyer who says you need to wait 3 years doesn't know what they're talking about and sounds like they don't undersatnd immigration issues.

PrayingforPR

Star Member
Jan 21, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/London
NOC Code......
Husband's case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
Doc's Request.
23-05-2013
Nomination.....
Case rejected
Rob_TO said:
There is no such rule, you can re-apply immediately. Any lawyer who says you need to wait 3 years doesn't know what they're talking about and sounds like they don't undersatnd immigration issues.
No it's the MP's case manager who told me that I can't reapply for 3 years.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PrayingforPR said:
No it's the MP's case manager who told me that I can't reapply for 3 years.
did they say you can't apply for 3 more years, or that your application won't be accepted/completed for 3 years because that's the waiting period for an application according to the website? i think they meant your application wont be processed for another 3 years, but you can apply now.

PrayingforPR

Star Member
Jan 21, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/London
NOC Code......
Husband's case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
Doc's Request.
23-05-2013
Nomination.....
Case rejected
chakrab said:
did they say you can't apply for 3 more years, or that your application won't be accepted/completed for 3 years because that's the waiting period for an application according to the website? i think they meant your application wont be processed for another 3 years, but you can apply now.
She said in my case, I won't be able to reapply for another 3 years

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
PrayingforPR said:
Latest update: Feb 25/15 10:11 AM

Got a call from the MP's office, it's his Case Manager who said that they can't intervene once the decision is made. If I need to do anything, just contact the CIC and ask them to send me the rejection letter again.

Latest update: Feb 25/15 9:20 AM

Sent an email to MP (Chris Alexander's staff who's looking at my case on his behalf), cc'd Mayor of Toronto.

Good morning,

I've talked to many immigration consultants and lawyers over the past few days and they all have provided me with the same response. It's the mistake of the lawyer and the gap between the communication from CIC. It's been more than 3 weeks since a letter was mailed out but so far we still haven't received it, after multiple requests made at the CIC contact centre. CIC has been asking for my documents since October 2014, but because of the communication gap between CIC and my lawyer, no request was sent to us. I urge you to help on compassionate and humanitarian grounds. This is all because of repeated requests made that were never sent to me. This afternoon, I'm going to meet with a lawyer to have a sworn affadavit prepared for the case to prove the validity of our marriage and also to show that the communication still hasn't been received, nor was it ever sent to me.

I've also contacted few TV stations to bring this matter up. If this matter is something which is out of your department, please direct me to the right person, whether it's Mr. Alexander or the Mayor of Toronto.

Please get in touch with me and let me know what it is that I can do to help in escalating this matter.

Thanks,

Thank you all for your support and well wishes! I appreciate your kind words and it means a great deal since I feel like I've been knocked down and out.

Here's what my thoughts are on how to proceed. I'll contact my MP (Chris Alexander but his staff Shaima is the one I'm in contact with) and will ask her to get someone involved. If she says she can't do anything, then I'll request to speak to Chris Alexander. There has to be someone who can help!

I'm also going to get a lawyer and prepare a sworn affadavit including all of the details and letting them know the gap which happened with no communication from my lawyer. I'll also let them know that it's been 3 weeks since the decision was made and a letter was sent and so far I haven't gotten it. So obviously there's a gap!!

Rest is up to Allah. I'm open to suggestions, please provide any if you find might help me with this case. If anyone has a lawyer, please let me know. Just to mention, everyone who has contacted me and provided me with a contact number for a lawyer or immigration consultant, I have contacted them and will continue to be in touch with them.

A special mention to each and every member of this forum who has reached out to me with kind words and support. I really appreciate your love and guidance. Especially a big thank YOU to a sister who even offered financial assistance. May Allah give you all from his infinite bounty and ease all of your hardships inshallah! JazakAllah and much love all!
Affidavit you have to prepare and give all your evidence against the lawyer to make your case stronger. Also members are sugeesting you to apply again. 3 years is a long time. We are with you don't worry

PrayingforPR

Star Member
Jan 21, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/London
NOC Code......
Husband's case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
Doc's Request.
23-05-2013
Nomination.....
Case rejected
sohaib1 said:
Affidavit you have to prepare and give all your evidence against the lawyer to make your case stronger. Also members are sugeesting you to apply again. 3 years is a long time. We are with you don't worry
Yes - I have no communication from my lawyer. The only letter that was sent to me since 2013 was in July 2013 to show that my application was submitted to Islamabad for processing. I will reapply but I still need to reopen this case to prove my side of the story.

Thanks again!