Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
lalaBiH said:
Hi All,

I am new to this forum, and am just wondering.. are most of you submitting your applications within canada ( i.e. spouse was on a visa or came for a visit and you got married) I heard that it takes much longer to be processed if both people are in Canada and the application is submitted... Your waiting times are VERY depressing.. I know many people who sponsored spouses and they came to canada about 5-6 months later.. I have been waiting almost 5 months now and have not heard anything. Im getting worried now. I applied on Sept 19 and was approved as a sponsor on Oct 1. After that nothing has been updated on my online file.. it simply says my spouses application is " received".
Hi LalaBIH,
welcome to the forum...and don't get discouraged with our timelines :). Mine is one the worst ones here :(. Vienna was very slow last year but there seems to be a lot of activity lately. Many of us here received communication and requests for updated documents. The posted timeline for Vienna is 13 months, and it's not unusal that you haven't heard anything yet. You will have to be patient, I know its' frustrating especially if you are not together with your spouse but hang in there :)

Ljiljana

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 12, 2013
File Transfer...
May 10, 2013
Med's Done....
March 7, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 6, 2014
LANDED..........
March 21, 2014
nada3 said:
Hi LalaBIH,
welcome to the forum...and don't get discouraged with our timelines :). Mine is one the worst ones here :(. Vienna was very slow last year but there seems to be a lot of activity lately. Many of us here received communication and requests for updated documents. The posted timeline for Vienna is 13 months, and it's not unusal that you haven't heard anything yet. You will have to be patient, I know its' frustrating especially if you are not together with your spouse but hang in there :)
Anything new with you Nada3?

nada3

Jul 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
Doc's Request.
25-03-2013 & 15-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-11-2012
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st 12-09-2012; 2nd 22-01-2014
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
Ljiljana said:
Anything new with you Nada3?
No, nothing new :mad:
You guys would know about it if there was anything. And I will write it in bold letters :D
Just FYI, the new medical was done Jan 22nd and it was electronically transmitted by the doctors office. The new police certificate and schedule A was sent the same day and arrived in Vienna Jan 23rd. So this is day 20, and counting...there was a few inquiries as to the timeline after the doc request.
I am praying we get something soon :)

Ljiljana

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 12, 2013
File Transfer...
May 10, 2013
Med's Done....
March 7, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 6, 2014
LANDED..........
March 21, 2014
nada3 said:
No, nothing new :mad:
You guys would know about it if there was anything. And I will write it in bold letters :D
Just FYI, the new medical was done Jan 22nd and it was electronically transmitted by the doctors office. The new police certificate and schedule A was sent the same day and arrived in Vienna Jan 23rd. So this is day 20, and counting...there was a few inquiries as to the timeline after the doc request.
I am praying we get something soon :)
Yes! Me too! I was asking because I have noticed that Vienna has been updating lines in ecas for my husband’s application, Yesterday a new line was added for "Application in process" and then today I saw a new line added "Medical results have been received" .. I am hoping this is all good.. Vienna is working on it I think.. Hopefully on yours and other applications too!

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
lalaBiH said:
Hi All,

I am new to this forum, and am just wondering.. are most of you submitting your applications within canada ( i.e. spouse was on a visa or came for a visit and you got married) I heard that it takes much longer to be processed if both people are in Canada and the application is submitted... Your waiting times are VERY depressing.. I know many people who sponsored spouses and they came to canada about 5-6 months later.. I have been waiting almost 5 months now and have not heard anything. Im getting worried now. I applied on Sept 19 and was approved as a sponsor on Oct 1. After that nothing has been updated on my online file.. it simply says my spouses application is " received".
Welcome to our lovely forum :)
You have to learn to be patient when you apply through Vienna ;-) I've been waiting for almost 10 months now but at least I know that the longest waiting time should be over by now and I'm almost at the end (hopefully). I've been in Canada throughout the whole process because I was able to get two work permits in a row. So I am at least with my partner and don't have to wait outside Canada. Good luck to you

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
BTW, my tourist visa has been approved today so I can stay in Canada after my work permit expires in March. It only took two weeks :)

Ljiljana

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 12, 2013
File Transfer...
May 10, 2013
Med's Done....
March 7, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 6, 2014
LANDED..........
March 21, 2014
little_apple said:
BTW, my tourist visa has been approved today so I can stay in Canada after my work permit expires in March. It only took two weeks :)
That’s great! But I am hoping that we will get our PR's soon :)

gutto786

Oct 24, 2012
I have applied for my wifes sponsorship since Dec 2012. The last update is that the embassy sent an email for second medical and then they changed the file to "In Process" after more than 1 year of wait. This is horrible, we are already well passed the new time line of 13 months. Although thats again unfair that the 13 months timeline applies to us since when they acknowledged our application, they clearly mentioned 8 to 9 months processing time. But even if we consider the new time line applies to all open cases, my case is still over 13 months and they have just changed the status to In Process.

If I am waiting for another 5 to 6 months, thats more than 2 years for my whole process. It was such a simple case though, my wife has lived all her life in Germany, she was a student when we got married. She never served any Army. On top of that, we both got married in ontario, Canada. I sent evidences in separate envelopes with clear headings of which envelope belongs to what proof. All the forms were clear, both me and my wife are medically fit, I have been working in canada since 2003 as an Engineer making great living. I pay my taxes on time, I have never had any criminal record niether do my wife. I have sent inquiries through my local MP 3 times. After all this I am still stuck with no clear end in sight

I mean there is literally nothing that can block them and put such long processing time on my application. Its pure slacking by Vienna and my worst Luck.

Milance

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-13
Doc's Request.
28-01-14
AOR Received.
23-03-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
RE-DO 30-04-14
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
27-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
gutto786 said:
I have applied for my wifes sponsorship since Dec 2012. The last update is that the embassy sent an email for second medical and then they changed the file to "In Process" after more than 1 year of wait. This is horrible, we are already well passed the new time line of 13 months. Although thats again unfair that the 13 months timeline applies to us since when they acknowledged our application, they clearly mentioned 8 to 9 months processing time. But even if we consider the new time line applies to all open cases, my case is still over 13 months and they have just changed the status to In Process.

If I am waiting for another 5 to 6 months, thats more than 2 years for my whole process. It was such a simple case though, my wife has lived all her life in Germany, she was a student when we got married. She never served any Army. On top of that, we both got married in ontario, Canada. I sent evidences in separate envelopes with clear headings of which envelope belongs to what proof. All the forms were clear, both me and my wife are medically fit, I have been working in canada since 2003 as an Engineer making great living. I pay my taxes on time, I have never had any criminal record niether do my wife. I have sent inquiries through my local MP 3 times. After all this I am still stuck with no clear end in sight

I mean there is literally nothing that can block them and put such long processing time on my application. Its pure slacking by Vienna and my worst Luck.
Have you requested gmcs notes? At least get an idea what and if they have done anything. We sent for notes in november and according to them they didnt even start our process but end of jan tgey requested new police certificate and more proof of ongoing relationship which means we are in process. No such thing as straight forward with them. Thats what i thought with my wife and we are all waiting together.

BumpAhead

Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
Doc's Request.
12-02-2014 and 04-03-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
Med's Request
Second 17-03-2014
Med's Done....
22-01-2013
Interview........
Nope
Passport Req..
17-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2014
LANDED..........
15-05-2014 finally over :)
gutto786 said:

Ive applied a month after u and still waiting...no idea whats taking them so long. When ppl who applied after us got some kind of response or even their PR sooner then us.... Ive tried applying for visitor visa for my husband to come and attend the birth of our first child and got refused...sooo depresing and unclear to y some of us r just stuck...aghhh :'(

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gutto786 said:

I can only repeat myself again ... People need to realize that the timeline is only a rough estimate. It only shows how long it took to process 80% of all applications within the LAST year! It has no influence on upcoming applications. Yes waiting sucks but we have to be patient. I'm sure you will hear from the VO soon!

BumpAhead

Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
Doc's Request.
12-02-2014 and 04-03-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
Med's Request
Second 17-03-2014
Med's Done....
22-01-2013
Interview........
Nope
Passport Req..
17-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2014
LANDED..........
15-05-2014 finally over :)
Kopje said:
I can only repeat myself again ... People need to realize that the timeline is only a rough estimate. It only shows how long it took to process 80% of all applications within the LAST year! It has no influence on upcoming applications. Yes waiting sucks but we have to be patient. I'm sure you will hear from the VO soon!

:)) u r correct, and i am.aware of that i just want.to ignore the 80% and hope its more.accurate hehe

well i.also wanted.to let you all know Vienna contacted us too!!!!!! FInally...asking.for.additional documents...so now im.really happy that at least they have looked at our application.

lets all hope now they do it all quick :))))
My baby is doing summersalts inside.from.excitement hahah

p.s. sorry about the periods after so many words my phone is excited too ;)))

nada3

Jul 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
Doc's Request.
25-03-2013 & 15-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-11-2012
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st 12-09-2012; 2nd 22-01-2014
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
BumpAhead said:
:)) u r correct, and i am.aware of that i just want.to ignore the 80% and hope its more.accurate hehe

well i.also wanted.to let you all know Vienna contacted us too!!!!!! FInally...asking.for.additional documents...so now im.really happy that at least they have looked at our application.

lets all hope now they do it all quick :))))
My baby is doing summersalts inside.from.excitement hahah

p.s. sorry about the periods after so many words my phone is excited too ;)))
Great news BumpAhead, maybe your due date is wrong and your hubby makes it for the big day...you never know :) (I was 2 weeks late with both my kids)

Did they ask to redo the medical?

Linda.raftl

Apr 24, 2012
Hi everybody! I really really would need your advice desperately. I am the sponsor and we are applying through Vienna. A couple of minutes
ago I received the below request for additional documents that need to be provided:

• Additional proof of sponsor’s re-establishment in Montreal, such as: evidence of contacts with propspective employers in Montreal by sponsor, evidence of interviews arranged etc. ---------- I am planning to go to Montreal this May. How can I arrange for interviews, May is too far out.
• Notice of Assessment or T4 for 2013 of sponsor’s sister ------ I have a sis in Mtl but I had no idea they asked for a Notice of Assessment in the Application? Anybody is familiar with this? And why they would ask that?
• Indication of sponsor’s sister’s family configuration in Canada ---- was this somewhere in the application too??
• Evidence of funds available in Canada in sponsors name ---- I don’t have any funds in Canada, I am working in Czech Republic this really scares me. I don’t think any of those questions were in the application.

Any help/advice from you guys will be extremely appreciated!!
Thank you so much!
Linda

lalaBiH

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
police clearence expired had to redo in Sept 2014
File Transfer...
Oct 2013
Med's Request
re-do Sept 23 2014
Med's Done....
07/2013
Interview........
NOPE
Passport Req..
Oct 08 2014
Thanks for the welcomes :):)

I have a question which some of you can may be able to help me with...

Does previous temp visa refusals affect sponsorship? My parents tried to get my spouse to visit about 2 years ago when we were still dating. ( i lived at home so it made sense for them to do it.. plus we worried they would think he would not return home if he was in a relationship coming into canada)

After the refusal I visited him in the summer and winter of 2012 before we married in 2013.

ohh and btw .. he was not refused for any "alarming" reason.. they basically rejected it because he did not give enough evidence that he would retun home after his visit. oh also travel history which to this day i don't know what that means.. he visited family alot in Germany but he never overstayed or did anything that would cause concern.