Nope
Passport Req..
17-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2014
LANDED..........
15-05-2014 finally over :)
nada3 said:
Great news BumpAhead, maybe your due date is wrong and your hubby makes it for the big day...you never know :) (I was 2 weeks late with both my kids)

Did they ask to redo the medical?

I cannot wait for our baby to come, but now simce we got some response from Vienna i would not mind if it waits a bit in there fo my husband hehe.

They asked for:

Sponsored spouse/partner questionnaire
Schedule A background check

Additional photos

Evidence of ongoing communication and visits by sponsor, money transfers etc.

And to send it back in 60 days.
It does not say if it can be sent by email, or how to send it..
Do any of you know if it has to be done by mail or it can be sent by email too.

:D

They did not ask for medical or police check
Both have expired in january

BumpAhead

Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
Doc's Request.
12-02-2014 and 04-03-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
Med's Request
Second 17-03-2014
Med's Done....
22-01-2013
Interview........
Nope
Passport Req..
17-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2014
LANDED..........
lalaBiH said:
Thanks for the welcomes :):)

I have a question which some of you can may be able to help me with...

Does previous temp visa refusals affect sponsorship? My parents tried to get my spouse to visit about 2 years ago when we were still dating. ( i lived at home so it made sense for them to do it.. plus we worried they would think he would not return home if he was in a relationship coming into canada)

After the refusal I visited him in the summer and winter of 2012 before we married in 2013.
I thought it would affect, but it doesn't.

Couple of my friends have applied for tourist/temp visa and were rejected, but then were sponsored and it was all fine.

My husband was rejected visitor visa just recently, they said he has better family ties here (myself ...pregnant) and did not believe he would return to Serbia when his visa expires.

Ljiljana

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 12, 2013
File Transfer...
May 10, 2013
Med's Done....
March 7, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 6, 2014
LANDED..........
March 21, 2014
BumpAhead said:
I cannot wait for our baby to come, but now simce we got some response from Vienna i would not mind if it waits a bit in there fo my husband hehe.

They asked for:

Sponsored spouse/partner questionnaire
Schedule A background check

Additional photos

Evidence of ongoing communication and visits by sponsor, money transfers etc.

And to send it back in 60 days.
It does not say if it can be sent by email, or how to send it..
Do any of you know if it has to be done by mail or it can be sent by email too.

:D

They did not ask for medical or police check
Both have expired in january
Hi BumpAhead, We were recently asked to send a revised Schedule A form for my husband, we sent it in the mail on Monday - express.. it should get there this Friday. I too was not sure how to send it, but ended sending it via post because my husband signed the form.. I don’t know if we could have sent it through e mail.. ???

If they have not asked for new medicals maybe they wont :)

BumpAhead

Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
Med's Request
Second 17-03-2014
Med's Done....
22-01-2013
Interview........
Nope
Passport Req..
17-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2014
LANDED..........
Ljiljana said:
Hi BumpAhead, We were recently asked to send a revised Schedule A form for my husband, we sent it in the mail on Monday - express.. it should get there this Friday. I too was not sure how to send it, but ended sending it via post because my husband signed the form.. I don't know if we could have sent it through e mail.. ???

If they have not asked for new medicals maybe they wont :)
Thats great maybe they will come here together :))

My husbands brother is going to vienna this weekend, do you think he can bring it there or its not recomended?

Ljiljana

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 12, 2013
File Transfer...
May 10, 2013
Med's Done....
March 7, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 6, 2014
LANDED..........
March 21, 2014
BumpAhead said:
Thats great maybe they will come here together :))

My husbands brother is going to vienna this weekend, do you think he can bring it there or its not recomended?
That would be the safest way for sure... However I’m not sure you guys would have to check their hours of operation ... Has anyone else tried this?

lalaBiH

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
police clearence expired had to redo in Sept 2014
File Transfer...
Oct 2013
Med's Request
re-do Sept 23 2014
Med's Done....
07/2013
Interview........
NOPE
Passport Req..
Oct 08 2014
BumpAhead said:
I thought it would affect, but it doesn't.

Couple of my friends have applied for tourist/temp visa and were rejected, but then were sponsored and it was all fine.

My husband was rejected visitor visa just recently, they said he has better family ties here (myself ...pregnant) and did not believe he would return to Serbia when his visa expires.
Awesome thanks. I thought initially it was good because it shows you tired, but then on the questionnaire all of the questions in the section where you answer YES for refusal were very negative and looked like it was questions that would raise "red flags" for visa officers.. thats reassuring though :D

nada3

Jul 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
Doc's Request.
25-03-2013 & 15-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-11-2012
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st 12-09-2012; 2nd 22-01-2014
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
Linda.raftl said:
Hi everybody! I really really would need your advice desperately. I am the sponsor and we are applying through Vienna. A couple of minutes
ago I received the below request for additional documents that need to be provided:

• Additional proof of sponsor's re-establishment in Montreal, such as: evidence of contacts with propspective employers in Montreal by sponsor, evidence of interviews arranged etc. ---------- I am planning to go to Montreal this May. How can I arrange for interviews, May is too far out.
• Notice of Assessment or T4 for 2013 of sponsor's sister ------ I have a sis in Mtl but I had no idea they asked for a Notice of Assessment in the Application? Anybody is familiar with this? And why they would ask that?
• Indication of sponsor's sister's family configuration in Canada ---- was this somewhere in the application too??
• Evidence of funds available in Canada in sponsors name ---- I don't have any funds in Canada, I am working in Czech Republic this really scares me. I don't think any of those questions were in the application.

Any help/advice from you guys will be extremely appreciated!!
Thank you so much!
Linda
Hi Linda,
CanucksFan or Messenger might be able to help you with this one...
good luck

Ljiljana

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 12, 2013
File Transfer...
May 10, 2013
Med's Done....
March 7, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 6, 2014
LANDED..........
March 21, 2014
Linda.raftl said:
Hi everybody! I really really would need your advice desperately. I am the sponsor and we are applying through Vienna. A couple of minutes
ago I received the below request for additional documents that need to be provided:

• Additional proof of sponsor's re-establishment in Montreal, such as: evidence of contacts with propspective employers in Montreal by sponsor, evidence of interviews arranged etc. ---------- I am planning to go to Montreal this May. How can I arrange for interviews, May is too far out.
• Notice of Assessment or T4 for 2013 of sponsor's sister ------ I have a sis in Mtl but I had no idea they asked for a Notice of Assessment in the Application? Anybody is familiar with this? And why they would ask that?
• Indication of sponsor's sister's family configuration in Canada ---- was this somewhere in the application too??
• Evidence of funds available in Canada in sponsors name ---- I don't have any funds in Canada, I am working in Czech Republic this really scares me. I don't think any of those questions were in the application.

Thank you so much!
Linda

Hi Linda, I may not be much of a help to you however I can say what I did for my application. I too was asked for a couple of things that I could not provide. For example I was asked for a notice of assessment that I did not have due to the fact that when we sent our application I just moved to Canada – so I did not pay any taxes until then... What I did do was write a letter of explanation for the things I could not provide and reasons why. This may help if you are not able to provide something they are looking for..

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
Linda.raftl said:

Thank you so much!
Linda
Hey Linda, your message really scared me cause my husband and I would be in the same situation if they would request this from us (we wouldn't have any of those documents). What I can tell you is this:

1. I know you can't arrange for interviews, but what you can do, is apply for some jobs. It doesn't matter if they refuse you. Or print out your browser history showing that you have researched jobs in your field. Another thing you could do is print out some job ads that are interesting to you. This will show that at least you've done research. Another thing that came to mind: have you ever contacted anyone (real estate agent regarding renting, local authorities regarding driver's licence, etc.) by email to ask information? If so, print those emails. Also, you might want to print any email in which you discussed your moving to Canada with family and friends.

2. I'm guessing they are asking for your sister's NOA because you have declared you will be living with her once in Canada? This is the only reason I can think of. If you said you would be living with your sister or she would offer you financial support, then probably they want to know your sister's financial situation.

3. This is also probably related to the above reason. Your sister's family configuration and NOA would help them understand if she can offer your support and housing.

4. For this I would write a letter explaining to them that you are working in Czech Rep. and you do not have an active bank account in Canada. FYI, you can't open an account without being there present. Just show them whatever proof of funds you have. Do you have some savings in your Czech bank account? Do you have any properties there that you will sell before going back to Canada? Show them whatever proof of funds you have along with an explanation.

Good luck.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Linda.raftl said:

Thank you so much!
Linda
Hi Linda,

It often helps if you provide a letter/checklist/timeline explaining the move and the trigger for certain events (e.g., once you get approval for the visa office you will buy tickets to travel to Canada, quit your jobs, etc). Include an explanation addressing, in this context, why you can't provide the details they are asking for (e.g., will reach out to employers once x, y, z happens). If you are planning to move in May, tell them that too and provide any proof you have.

Good luck!

Linda.raftl

Apr 24, 2012
Thank you everybody for your feedback. Yes, I will just explain the situation to them. It's funny cause my sister is a student, the only support she will provide is a place to stay while looking for a job and apartment. Anyway, I have decided to go to Canada in a month so I can start looking for a job because I feel that if I don't do it asap, Vienna will keep bombarding me with these types of questions. Today, I am planning to tell my boss that I am leaving, wish me all good luck! lol Again, thanks so much for your advice! I would reply to each one of you but I still haven't figured out how to do it in this forum lol. Have a nice day everyone and let's hope Vienna treats us well!

BumpAhead

Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
Med's Request
Second 17-03-2014
Med's Done....
22-01-2013
Interview........
Nope
Passport Req..
17-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2014
LANDED..........
Question, have any of you sent chat history from skype as proof of communication? Ive only used skype over ipad and have no ide if it can be printed...is there a way or should i screenshot convos and then print???

Also, when sending additional documents to vienna have you done it over email or by DHL or regular mail?

Thank you

nada3

Jul 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
Doc's Request.
25-03-2013 & 15-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-11-2012
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st 12-09-2012; 2nd 22-01-2014
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
BumpAhead said:
Question, have any of you sent chat history from skype as proof of communication? Ive only used skype over ipad and have no ide if it can be printed...is there a way or should i screenshot convos and then print???

Also, when sending additional documents to vienna have you done it over email or by DHL or regular mail?

Thank you
We sent the skype records with the application but I am not sure how to do it from the phone. Don't e-mail doc's, if I recall they said that the schedule A has to have an original signature. We used DHL - next day delivery. It was 40 euros. You can probaly do it by mail or at least registered mail.

lalaBiH

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
police clearence expired had to redo in Sept 2014
File Transfer...
Oct 2013
Med's Request
re-do Sept 23 2014
Med's Done....
07/2013
Interview........
NOPE
Passport Req..
Oct 08 2014
BumpAhead said:

Thank you
You just press the power button and the select button at the same time and it takes a screenshot.. then you email the pics to yourself and print them.. very easy..:) or you can export it but the exported file looks like something you can make yourself and looks very falsified.

Some people mention sending hundreds of papers showing all their chats.. i personally would not recommend this.. its excessive and would probably just piss the officer tryign to evaluate your file off. lol.. just my personal opinion.. i only ever used skype as well, but we never chat we always do video chat.. i took screen shots from 2010,2011,2012,2013 ( only a few for each year)... I have not yet been approved but i think if you have plenty of photos of you two together and they are all from different places,dates and include friends and family, your should be ok.

GOODLUCK!

BumpAhead

Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
Med's Request
Second 17-03-2014
Med's Done....
22-01-2013
Interview........
Nope
Passport Req..
17-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2014
LANDED..........
lalaBiH said:
You just press the power button and the select button at the same time and it takes a screenshot.. then you email the pics to yourself and print them.. very easy..:) or you can export it but the exported file looks like something you can make yourself and looks very falsified.

Some people mention sending hundreds of papers showing all their chats.. i personally would not recommend this.. its excessive and would probably just piss the officer tryign to evaluate your file off. lol.. just my personal opinion.. i only ever used skype as well, but we never chat we always do video chat.. i took screen shots from 2010,2011,2012,2013 ( only a few for each year)... I have not yet been approved but i think if you have plenty of photos of you two together and they are all from different places,dates and include friends and family, your should be ok.

GOODLUCK!
Thank youuu
Yah i have lots of pics for the past 7yrs, but we already sent those in the application, now we need to send from when we got married til now
Which again i have lots in. A year a went ther 3 times

Thanks again ill do the screenshots now and email to my husband to print
We ony have video start video end hehe we didnt really write to eachpther over skype