+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIENNA OFFICE

Irsa

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
messenger said:
Hi all

Muby I wish you from my heart the best of luck on your interview tomorrow my friend. And you too Alvinn on your pending interview next week.

Ok people here is an update from our beloved VO and please try not to be shocked or discouraged!

I am not sure if you all remember me around August informing you that after my inquiry to them about letting me know that my apps have indeed arrived in Vienna they informed me with the following (I do remember posting it here)

Dear Ms. Xxxxxx Xxxxxxx

Please see : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

Your spouse`s application was transferred to our office in Vienna in April 2013.

Applications for permanent residence in the Family class (spouses) - category may take 10 months or more to process. However, this is an estimate only. Processing times may vary, depending upon whether any additional documentation or an interview is required, the time required for medical examinations and changes in workload at this office. You will be informed bout the further steps in due course

Ok. So far so good. So last week I sent them another email inquiring and telling them that I had sent in the baby's documents for citizenship to our local embassy here in Athens Greece, and I asked them if there is something they need from us on this matter. (Normally I do not have to declare the baby to them as PR because it will take citizenship from me)

My email to them last week:

Name of Enquirer: XXXX, XXXX
Relationship to Applicant: Sponsor
Email Address: XXXXXXX @ gmail.com
Consultant ICCRC No.:

Enquiry: Dear Sir/Madam On October 2nd 2013 my wife the principal Applicant XXXX XXXXXX gave birth to our baby daughter. On November 15th 2013 we had sent the baby's documents to the Canadian Embassy in Athens Greece so it can be issued a citizenship. I would like to know if there is anything from our part that you would need for the baby in regards to my wive's application? My best regards and wishing you Merry Christmas XXXX XXXXXX Sponsor UCI : XXXXX Thessaloniki, Greece

Ok so here comes the big shock

They emailed me today while (what a big irony) I was in the Vienna airport awaiting my flight to return to Greece after a week's trip to an installation near the Hungary border.

Here is their email:

Dear Ms. XXXXXXX,

This refers to the below e-mail inquiry.

The application was transferred form the Case Processing Centre Mississauga to our office in Vienna in November 2013.

Applications for permanent residence in the Family class (spouses) - category may take 12 months or more to process. However, this is an estimate only. Processing times may vary, depending upon whether any additional documentation or an interview is required, the time required for medical examinations and changes in workload at this office.

You will be informed about the further steps in due course .

Boinggggggggg . I felt like Wile e coyote being struck by a locomotive. What the hell??????

In August they are telling me (after my inquiry) that her files were transferred from Mississauga to Vienna in April 2013, something that makes absolute sense because i was approved as a sponsor in March.
And now without even making an inquiry and instead of answering about the baby issue they are telling us that her files were transferred from CIC to Vienna in November 2013.

Heloooooooo!

I was reading this in the aircraft while it was still parked in the Vienna airport and I almost jumped from my seat to ask the flight attendants to disembark me so I could take a taxi and go there and raise hell. But then my decency took over and finally after two connecting flights I got home this evening.

So i decided to vote for my self and wrote them a bitter but at the same time not insulting letter and already emailed it to them.

Here is my email to them tonight:

Dear Sir

Thank you for the reply bellow, but I believe there must be something wrong with your information.

In your recent reply to me in regards to my inquiry about our newborn daughter you are informing me, that my wife's application was transferred from CIC Mississauga to your VO in November 2013. In other words you are telling us that it took 8 months for our files to reach your office?

How can this be? In August 9th 2013 your office informed us by an email that my wife's applications was transferred to your office from CIC Mississauga on April 2013 (one month after I was approved as a sponsor)

Please find attached here your communication of August 9th 2013 to us about my wife's application transfer confirmation on April 2013.

I do hope there was a misunderstanding or a mix up of information process from your part and I kindly request someone to responsibly inform me this time as to the actual status of our application.

Dear sir. We do not look forward to any special treatment of our application and the only thing we were expecting as clients is responsible information for our process. I, being the sponsor, was planning to move on to Canada in the summer as to prepare for the coming of my spouse but her pregnancy in early January of 2013 and the birth of our beloved baby in October had made me postpone my departure until the time she gets her PR. Until then our lives are in limbo and we live with packed suitcases and cant wait to start our new lives in Canada.

I look forward to a reply for this matter!

Sincerely
XXXXXX XXXXXXX(Sponsor to xxxx xxxxx) FileNo:

i learned one thing in my life. That you should't let anyone push you over. I know some of you might tell me that maybe i shouldn't do that as they might pull our files back and make us wait for another year.

My wife, I and all of you here are their clients no more no less. So they must respect us as such!

Regards to all

Tom

Dont worry Tom. I am sure Its just a ridiculousness mistake.

Muby

Jun 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2013
Doc's Request.
14-04-2013
AOR Received.
Received with application
File Transfer...
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
Interview........
10-12-2013
Passport Req..
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
LANDED..........
08-02-2014
Dear my Friend Tom How are u and your lovely angel by now she is already grew little bit i feel you having baby and same time dealing with Vienna Good Luck. Thank you so much for your wishes for me, it means a lot. And I will inform you farther step as soon as i get back its 6:10 Here in Slovenia so i will be in Vienna around 12pm And my Interview will be at 14:00
GOOD LUCK FOR EVERYONE !!!

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Muby said:
Dear my Friend Tom How are u and your lovely angel by now she is already grew little bit i feel you having baby and same time dealing with Vienna Good Luck. Thank you so much for your wishes for me, it means a lot. And I will inform you farther step as soon as i get back its 6:10 Here in Slovenia so i will be in Vienna around 12pm And my Interview will be at 14:00
GOOD LUCK FOR EVERYONE !!!
Hi Muby my friend.

It is too bad I didn't get to fly out from Vienna today, i would have made everything possible to meet you before or after your interview for a coffee. God is great amigo and maybe one day we'll meet up in Canada. But for today be strong, don't get intimidated, and stay cool in the interview,

The baby has grown up and she is a "bundle of joy" BTW here is my FB link to see her recent photos : http://www.facebook.com/Sakisapostolou/media_set?set=a.10201972079557929.1073741831.1063390970&type=1

Regards

Tom

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Irsa said:
Dont worry Tom. I am sure Its just a ridiculousness mistake.
Hi irsa,

I certainly wish its like you say! :)

Tom

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
b4roness said:
Tom,

Well said. We are, after all, PAYING clients and despite that, our lives are in the hands of the VO's. Quite ironic isn't it? Nonetheless, it may be a good thing that you asked them why they messed up the information. For all you know, it was probably the careless error of an administrator in their offices. It happens, but it shouldn't. They're not paid to take on such positions to screw up such easy information, that's within their system. But we do need to be super polite, to a point only. Sometimes they need a shove to shake things up so the people in charge see where the mistakes are being made.

I just read yesterday in another thread how a certain visa office had nearly all the staff fired, because their fail ratio was too high.

Thanks for the update Tom, and good luck!

Angie
Hi Angie

I lived in Canada back in the 80's. Then people did not behave like this and the government of Canada was very strict as to it its policy of public service.
Public servants during those years not only did their job properly but they carried a lot of respect for the average civilian. I am away from Canada fro 23 years now and I am shocked that a service any service in the matter of fact allows this kind of treatment to anyone citizen or not.
I at many times have criticized my country's (Greece) social and public services but now I have second thoughts and I believe that we at least don't have treatments like this!

Have a good day my dear

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
BC2013 said:
Tom!

A similar thing happened to me, too. Last month they replied in a similar fashion (look at the processing times website) - which showed 20 months for post June 2010 FSW applications, when my application was already almost 24 months old.

I strongly believe, they filter incoming correspondence, and most are answered not by officers, but by other staff (who might not even look into our files, but who just copy/paste standard replies).

I like your response. I did something quite similar - no answer yet.
Hi BC2013 my friend

The weird thing is that in my recent email inquiry I did not ask them a thing about our status. The only thing mentioned in my email was a question as if there is any need to send in additional docs for the baby.
The genius that read my email probably had mixed up my request with someone else's!
I am just fed up! Not only that we have to bare longer than normal processing times (The only European VO) but we also have to endure this behavior. it's just like someone is spitting on our face!

Regards

Tom

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
KKMoe said:
Hi Tom,

good job on the email! I'm pretty sure it's nothing but a copy+paste mistake. However Vienna should not be able to afford such mistakes. It is both unprofessional and unempathetic. I hope that somebody over there will take your response seriously and realize that there are human beings behind the numbers - and such a tiny mistake can cause many sleepless nights.
You are so right KKMoe my friend.

One word is all we need to make us fly and one word will crash our hopes. How can they be so irresponsible?
Many of my Greek friends who are applying through Rome they are been kept informed on a steady basis from this VO and their process is done within 5-6 months max. And so far no one ever has complained for misinformation!

let us hope that this will end soon

Tom

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
chala said:
Hi Tom

Just read your post and want to say that was an excellent letter you wrote to VO. I think you showed great constraint under the circumstances and much professionalism in your carefully worded reply. I am certain the PR application will not be negatively impacted and in fact this may get things moving along a little faster. Best wishes and Happy holidays.

Chala
Hi chala my friend

Only inside me I know how much constraint I used, not to write them an email and give them a piece of my mind.
I hope that one of these days we hear someone in this thread writing good news

Happy holidays my friend

Tom

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
@Tom: my jaw dropped when I read your post, it is unbelievable. My husband is shocked all together by the immigration process, and so is my mother in law. She immigrated in the '70s as a spouse of my father in law who was a PR back then. She told me all they had to do back then is send her passport together with the marriage certificate to the Canadian embassy. She received COPR within 2 weeks. Now, a Canadian citizen, born and raised in Canada (my husband) needs to prove that he will go back to Canada, his home country.

Sometimes I feel discriminated and treated like a third world person and a criminal, just because I want to move to Canada with my Canadian husband. With the immigration process, you are guilty until proven innocent.

I really hope they will get back to you and tell you it was all a mistake. Is there any way you can contact your MP in Canada? They might be able to help.

@Muby: Good luck today, and may you come out of that door with a COPR or at least some good news.

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Avadava said:
@ Tom: my jaw dropped when I read your post, it is unbelievable. My husband is shocked all together by the immigration process, and so is my mother in law. She immigrated in the '70s as a spouse of my father in law who was a PR back then. She told me all they had to do back then is send her passport together with the marriage certificate to the Canadian embassy. She received COPR within 2 weeks. Now, a Canadian citizen, born and raised in Canada (my husband) needs to prove that he will go back to Canada, his home country.

Sometimes I feel discriminated and treated like a third world person and a criminal, just because I want to move to Canada with my Canadian husband. With the immigration process, you are guilty until proven innocent.

I really hope they will get back to you and tell you it was all a mistake. Is there any way you can contact your MP in Canada? They might be able to help.

@ Muby: Good luck today, and may you come out of that door with a COPR or at least some good news.
Hello Avadava

Unfortunately those of us who live abroad cannot have representatives in the Parliament. At least not me. I have been away for nearly 23 years now.
Yes it was that easy not only in the 70's but in the 80's as well. But, people were more honest then so the screening was at the minimum. Now with all frauds that happen left and right they had to tighten up the ropes. But then they could adopt a more humane way in dealing with all of us.
We have a saying here in Greece. Near the dry leafs the fresh will burn too!

Regards

Tom

peki

Sep 11, 2013
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 28th 2013
Med's Request
Nope
Med's Done....
February 2013
Interview........
Nope
Passport Req..
January 31st 2014
LANDED..........
February 15th 2014
Muby what's going on..............

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Are you approved???????????????
Don't go back to Slovenia tell them to issue the visa today... :)
What did they ask???

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
messenger said:
Hi all

Muby I wish you from my heart the best of luck on your interview tomorrow my friend. And you too Alvinn on your pending interview next week.

Ok people here is an update from our beloved VO and please try not to be shocked or discouraged!

I am not sure if you all remember me around August informing you that after my inquiry to them about letting me know that my apps have indeed arrived in Vienna they informed me with the following (I do remember posting it here)

Dear Ms. Xxxxxx Xxxxxxx

Your spouse`s application was transferred to our office in Vienna in April 2013.

Applications for permanent residence in the Family class (spouses) - category may take 10 months or more to process. However, this is an estimate only. Processing times may vary, depending upon whether any additional documentation or an interview is required, the time required for medical examinations and changes in workload at this office. You will be informed bout the further steps in due course

Ok. So far so good. So last week I sent them another email inquiring and telling them that I had sent in the baby's documents for citizenship to our local embassy here in Athens Greece, and I asked them if there is something they need from us on this matter. (Normally I do not have to declare the baby to them as PR because it will take citizenship from me)

My email to them last week:

Name of Enquirer: XXXX, XXXX
Relationship to Applicant: Sponsor
Email Address: XXXXXXX @ gmail.com
Consultant ICCRC No.:

Enquiry: Dear Sir/Madam On October 2nd 2013 my wife the principal Applicant XXXX XXXXXX gave birth to our baby daughter. On November 15th 2013 we had sent the baby's documents to the Canadian Embassy in Athens Greece so it can be issued a citizenship. I would like to know if there is anything from our part that you would need for the baby in regards to my wive's application? My best regards and wishing you Merry Christmas XXXX XXXXXX Sponsor UCI : XXXXX Thessaloniki, Greece

Ok so here comes the big shock

They emailed me today while (what a big irony) I was in the Vienna airport awaiting my flight to return to Greece after a week's trip to an installation near the Hungary border.

Here is their email:

Dear Ms. XXXXXXX,

This refers to the below e-mail inquiry.

The application was transferred form the Case Processing Centre Mississauga to our office in Vienna in November 2013.

Applications for permanent residence in the Family class (spouses) - category may take 12 months or more to process. However, this is an estimate only. Processing times may vary, depending upon whether any additional documentation or an interview is required, the time required for medical examinations and changes in workload at this office.

You will be informed about the further steps in due course .

Boinggggggggg . I felt like Wile e coyote being struck by a locomotive. What the hell??????

In August they are telling me (after my inquiry) that her files were transferred from Mississauga to Vienna in April 2013, something that makes absolute sense because i was approved as a sponsor in March.
And now without even making an inquiry and instead of answering about the baby issue they are telling us that her files were transferred from CIC to Vienna in November 2013.

Heloooooooo!

I was reading this in the aircraft while it was still parked in the Vienna airport and I almost jumped from my seat to ask the flight attendants to disembark me so I could take a taxi and go there and raise hell. But then my decency took over and finally after two connecting flights I got home this evening.

So i decided to vote for my self and wrote them a bitter but at the same time not insulting letter and already emailed it to them.

Here is my email to them tonight:

Dear Sir

Thank you for the reply bellow, but I believe there must be something wrong with your information.

In your recent reply to me in regards to my inquiry about our newborn daughter you are informing me, that my wife's application was transferred from CIC Mississauga to your VO in November 2013. In other words you are telling us that it took 8 months for our files to reach your office?

How can this be? In August 9th 2013 your office informed us by an email that my wife's applications was transferred to your office from CIC Mississauga on April 2013 (one month after I was approved as a sponsor)

Please find attached here your communication of August 9th 2013 to us about my wife's application transfer confirmation on April 2013.

I do hope there was a misunderstanding or a mix up of information process from your part and I kindly request someone to responsibly inform me this time as to the actual status of our application.

Dear sir. We do not look forward to any special treatment of our application and the only thing we were expecting as clients is responsible information for our process. I, being the sponsor, was planning to move on to Canada in the summer as to prepare for the coming of my spouse but her pregnancy in early January of 2013 and the birth of our beloved baby in October had made me postpone my departure until the time she gets her PR. Until then our lives are in limbo and we live with packed suitcases and cant wait to start our new lives in Canada.

I look forward to a reply for this matter!

Sincerely
XXXXXX XXXXXXX(Sponsor to xxxx xxxxx) FileNo:

i learned one thing in my life. That you should't let anyone push you over. I know some of you might tell me that maybe i shouldn't do that as they might pull our files back and make us wait for another year.

My wife, I and all of you here are their clients no more no less. So they must respect us as such!

Regards to all

Tom
OMG, what a shock. They probably made a stupid mistake and your file has been in Vienna since April.
I would order GCMS notes. I'll do the same next week. Then we now exactly what's going on

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
little_apple said:
OMG, what a shock. They probably made a stupid mistake and your file has been in Vienna since April.
I would order GCMS notes. I'll do the same next week. Then we now exactly what's going on
Hello little_apple , how are you?

What is the easiest way for someone who is not residing in Canada to order GCMS notes? From what I know you need to be in Canada to do that!

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
messenger said:

What is the easiest way for someone who is not residing in Canada to order GCMS notes? From what I know you need to be in Canada to do that!
Hi

According to the website you only have to be present in Canada if your not a citizen or a PR.

"To be eligible to make a request under the Access to Information Act or the Privacy Act, you must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or an individual or corporation currently present in Canada."

GCMS notes can be ordered online. Somehow I am not allowed to post links. If you need the url I can sent it to you via PM.

Cbn Cdn

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
October 9, 2013 [ ARC Requested ]
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 19, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2014 :)
messenger said:

Hi Amigo, I am sorry to hear that from your Visa office, I think they should have an answer for this matter.

Here is how you can order your GCMS notes:

GCMS can be ordered thru either of the following three [3] methods:
1. By a Consultant [if u have one] --usually a Free service provided by the good ones, or charge $5
2. Thru a Friend/Relative [who's in Canada] --s/he can obtain one with your authorization. Fees $5
3. From Websites [offering GCMS Service]. Costs $30-40

Here is a link with explanations:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MvePamES8FhOJ9fO4Nh8sf0pHhjvOUBTPWTzYdYXwp4/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1