Waived
Passport Req..
November 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 19, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2014 :)
Amigo Tom, dear Spaska.

Congratulations on your marriage and best wishes for your future together. Enjoy every moment with your little angel too :)

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Cbn Cdn said:
Amigo Tom, dear Spaska.

Congratulations on your marriage and best wishes for your future together. Enjoy every moment with your little angel too :)

Thank you Cbn Cdn, How is your apps with Rome coming up. Most of my Greek friends are done with Rome. Even some who have applied in July are already one step beyond DM.

Are you still in Crete?

Cheers amigo.

Tom

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
New Police Cert. 11-02-2014
AOR Received.
Sponsor Approval 19-02-2014
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
January 22, 2015 - Vienna - FAILED - Appealing.
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
Evening all!

Firs off - Tom, CONGRATS!!! Wish you and your wife a wonderful and blessed life together with your little bundle of joy too!!!

Second - I've been going on a mean streak with a NEW legal assistant to my lawyer... (three so far...) and this one now wants me to redo all my (300+) pictures, by putting them two at a time onto a Word document with a label under each one. I wanted to fling fat little kittens with razor sharp claws and teeth at her AND my old assistant.
Breathe in.... breathe out....
So, is she right? Do i really need to do this? I just read elsewhere on the forum that this is legit, and what CIC prefers now is pictures on word docs. This is insane. Is this true?

Also, the assistant accused us that only ONE of us wrote both our 7+ page long spouse letters. My husband wanted to murder bunnies when he heard that (no animals were harmed. really.) The assistant stated that the letters are like novels and too 'flowery'. Clearly this lady has no idea how horribly sarcastic my husband and I can be and how (insanely) vividly literate we are. So yes, the old assistant asked for a novel - he got one. FELLOW BRETHREN - what is your opinion? Should i shorten my Harry Potter-esque novel of a letter (husband too) or keep them as they are? They are definitely in our own words and yes, mine may sound a bit like a novel but it's not flowery. It's brutally honest actually.

Please help =(
I've been pretty depressed all weekend because of this, no matter how upbeat i sound (gotta stay positive).

(what in the world is up with the 15 month wait time for Vienna? That's awful ??? )

Angie

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Hi all, Thank you so very much for your wishes on our wedding with my love.

A few moments ago I sent Vienna an Case Specific Inquiry notifying them for our marriage. At the end of my message I also kindly asked them to inform me as to the stage of progress on our applications!
I believe they must ask us for wedding certificate most likely

Lets see what they answer if they ever answer at all!

Tom

Cbn Cdn

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
October 9, 2013 [ ARC Requested ]
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 19, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2014 :)
messenger said:
Thank you Cbn Cdn, How is your apps with Rome coming up. Most of my Greek friends are done with Rome. Even some who have applied in July are already one step beyond DM.

Are you still in Crete?

Cheers amigo.

Tom
Dear Tom.

Our application is still IN PROCESS. Two weeks ago we sent our last (we hope so) documents they requested. It is good to know that Rome is working fast, but our application had an extra step (Authorization to Return to Canada). My wife and I are very optimistic about it.

She is missing home :(

Yes, we are in Crete still, trying to enjoy our stay here. Living in Greece without a job (way of income) it is a challenge, but I think we are doing well :)

Regards,

William and Afrodite

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
b4roness said:
Evening all!

Firs off - Tom, CONGRATS!!! Wish you and your wife a wonderful and blessed life together with your little bundle of joy too!!!

Second - I've been going on a mean streak with a NEW legal assistant to my lawyer... (three so far...) and this one now wants me to redo all my (300+) pictures, by putting them two at a time onto a Word document with a label under each one. I wanted to fling fat little kittens with razor sharp claws and teeth at her AND my old assistant.
So, is she right? Do i really need to do this? I just read elsewhere on the forum that this is legit, and what CIC prefers now is pictures on word docs. This is insane. Is this true?

Also, the assistant accused us that only ONE of us wrote both our 7+ page long spouse letters. My husband wanted to murder bunnies when he heard that (no animals were harmed. really.) The assistant stated that the letters are like novels and too 'flowery'. Clearly this lady has no idea how horribly sarcastic my husband and I can be and how (insanely) vividly literate we are. So yes, the old assistant asked for a novel - he got one. FELLOW BRETHREN - what is your opinion? Should i shorten my Harry Potter-esque novel of a letter (husband too) or keep them as they are? They are definitely in our own words and yes, mine may sound a bit like a novel but it's not flowery. It's brutally honest actually.

Please help =(
I've been pretty depressed all weekend because of this, no matter how upbeat i sound (gotta stay positive).

(what in the world is up with the 15 month wait time for Vienna? That's awful ??? )

Angie
Hi,

I'm working with Campbell Cohen and they asked me for about 45 photos which I developed and sent them. As for the letter I alone wrote the letter which was about 2 pages (font 12) in a story like kind of way and they told us that it's enough. :( you got me worried :(

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
Congrats to you and your wife, Tom. You have a perfect little family now :)

I'm sure that I won't get my PR before my current work permit expires in March. So instead of sitting unemployed in Canada I might book a flight to Germany and the USA to visit friends and family for about two weeks. I don't like leaving without my honey but we'll survive two weeks without each other. Especially when I see how many months some of you are without your beloved ones.

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
Avissa said:
Hi,

I'm working with Campbell Cohen and they asked me for about 45 photos which I developed and sent them. As for the letter I alone wrote the letter which was about 2 pages (font 12) in a story like kind of way and they told us that it's enough. :( you got me worried :(
My boyfriend and I just wrote about half a page each how our relationship developed. No novel, not too flowery, just facts. Hope that doesn't sound too "cold" but you can see on our pictures that we are a happy couple ;-)

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
little_apple said:
My boyfriend and I just wrote about half a page each how our relationship developed. No novel, not too flowery, just facts. Hope that doesn't sound too "cold" but you can see on our pictures that we are a happy couple ;-)

This is exactly what we originally did too!!! My lawyer (real cool lady) tells me the letter can be as short or long as we want. As long as it's in our words, from the heart. My original letter was about a page. That's all. Then out of the blue these two assistants are up in my business with contradicting statements, and i'm going out of my mind.
I had to ask you all how you did the letters, because for a moment i thought maybe our lawyers knew something we don't, from other cases? I have no idea.
I really don't want to reprint all those pictures on regular paper...
I'll keep you all posted. I'll email my lawyer directly and see what she thinks of the matter. For all I know, these darn assistants have no idea what in the world they are doing. In the meantime, I'm trying to hunt down people who have landed to see how they formatted their letters and pictures.
(FYI, one of the assistants, who first told me my one-page-letter was too professional and short, said the letter format needs to follow a TIMELINE, like from when we met, to now. In detail. No spaces in 'time'. What the actual %^%$&%... sorry.)

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
Avissa said:
Hi,

Avissa,

OMG i'm so sorry! Definitely didn't want to make someone else edgy about all this. But it's good to get these facts out, to see what everyone is doing. I'm not sure what to do anymore and it's very depressing, no matter how focused my husband and I are, this is taking a mental toll on us, all these useless/random/rapid/last-minute changes.

Angie

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
And about the pictures: For 12 months common-law I sent 15 pictures printed by snapfish.ca with description and date on the back

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
Cbn Cdn said:
Dear Tom.

Our application is still IN PROCESS. Two weeks ago we sent our last (we hope so) documents they requested. It is good to know that Rome is working fast, but our application had an extra step (Authorization to Return to Canada). My wife and I are very optimistic about it.

She is missing home :(

Yes, we are in Crete still, trying to enjoy our stay here. Living in Greece without a job (way of income) it is a challenge, but I think we are doing well :)

Regards,

William and Afrodite
Ah! Someone else who has to deal with the ARC too (not that i'm thrilled that we do but alas... updates are always welcome). I'm waiting to see what that's gonna look like when the time comes for it. Do you have any idea when they request it? When should the ARC be filed? During the wait period after we apply for sponsorship or toward the end? (I'm passport exempt so i won't get a 'passport request'. Just an answer.) As far as I've seen, people with failed refugee statuses who also needed ARC's got them granted. Hope that info helps a bit.

Angie

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
little_apple said:
And about the pictures: For 12 months common-law I sent 15 pictures printed by snapfish.ca with description and date on the back
I think that's fine for you and all other regular spousal applicants. (I'm an irregular applicant - i have a failed refugee case that tool place after i met my husband).
Some sent extra pictures in just because they had a ton lying around, so they threw them in to the app. Some regular applicants also had over 200-300 pictures. So i guess it's just your preference. A picture tells a thousand tales. Even one is enough to prove your love if your emotions show through clearly on it. =)
My issues is only about the printing method. I'll find out this Monday if there are any changes over at CIC, like the medical change - where they are done AFTER the app is filed, by giving you that client ID and all.

Angie

nada3

Jul 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
Doc's Request.
25-03-2013 & 15-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-11-2012
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st 12-09-2012; 2nd 22-01-2014
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
b4roness said:
Evening all!

Please help =(

Angie
Hey guys,

just on the letter topic...I did not write anything. My husband wrote a half page letter and that's it. However we sent in 7 short letters from family and friends confirming they knew about our relationship. Had about 170 pictures...bundled up in 4 bundles with noted dates and places. That's it. From the GCMS notes I see that eligibility was passed. My personal opinion only, I think overdoing it is not necessary.

In the forms you already have fields where you describe how you met, how your relationship developed and so on.

I know your lawyers office is requesting this, and I am sure they know what they are doing. We did everything alone, without legal help, so it may have been much simpler but seems that was ok too.
Sorry if I wasn't of any help, just wanted to share with you how we did it. :)

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
nada3 said:
Hey guys,

just on the letter topic...I did not write anything. My husband wrote a half page letter and that's it. However we sent in 7 short letters from family and friends confirming they knew about our relationship. Had about 170 pictures...bundled up in 4 bundles with noted dates and places. That's it. From the GCMS notes I see that eligibility was passed. My personal opinion only, I think overdoing it is not necessary.

In the forms you already have fields where you describe how you met, how your relationship developed and so on.

I know your lawyers office is requesting this, and I am sure they know what they are doing. We did everything alone, without legal help, so it may have been much simpler but seems that was ok too.
Sorry if I wasn't of any help, just wanted to share with you how we did it. :)
Nada,

Aaaaany and all help is always welcome! To me and anyone else on here who reads our responses.
You are definitely right, maybe my lawyers are being a bit more rigorous because i need an ARC too (long story) but the problem was that one assistant told me to do one thing, then another told me to do the total opposite. So i found it best to ask all you guys here =D
That has always helped me before!

Angie