Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
peki said:
Hi everyone,
Bad news for me, i was refused for evisa TRV, today.
Vienna responded fast. Please give me an opinion for the future. SHould i apply once again for E-visa TRV?
But still it is good they responded something from Vienna. :))
I am sorry peki :(

No news here. Application filed almost 6 months ago so I'm not expecting any changes on ecas yet. Still hoping that I'll receive PR by end of March 2013 before my work permit expires. I'm afraid that the updated processing times at the end of this month will be even longer ::)

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Hungary said:
Hi Tom, just for you I checked on my E-cas and nothing has changed of course. App received that's all..

We are fine, the girls are really active :eek: ::) ??? :D
And you, how are you and your family? I suppose everything is falling into place, your routine and everything.
Hiya friend! I hope you are enjoying the beautiful autumn days!

Yes we are falling in the routine but with a baby like this my days have become better and brighter! We are just lacking sleep.
:)

Tom

Toronto ASAP

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2013
Doc's Request.
21 Jan 2014, new PC and Interview invitation
AOR Received.
Stage 1 - 15 Feb 2013, SA 22 Feb 2013
File Transfer...
Stage 2 AOR - 01 March 2013
Med's Done....
11 Jan 2013, 2nd 07 March 2014
Interview........
05 March 2014
Passport Req..
29 April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 May 2014
peki said:
Hi everyone,
Bad news for me, i was refused for evisa TRV, today.
Vienna responded fast. Please give me an opinion for the future. SHould i apply once again for E-visa TRV?
But still it is good they responded something from Vienna. :))
Sorry to hear that :( Was Vienna ever mentioned in the letter? Bcs I think all E apps go through an office in Canada. It is not impossible to get a TRV while in this process, gather more evidence and hopefully you will have more luck next time!

Toronto ASAP

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
05 March 2014
Passport Req..
29 April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 May 2014
messenger said:
Any news here people except peki's? Com'on guys. Search your inbox folders, check your e-Cas. Another week is closing down again and still nothing. How can it be?
I don't know if you read Tom, I've got news - Vienna didn't touch my file since end of February :(

It is better not to know sometimes, right? :) Now I am hoping that, like Hungary suggested, they will open my file and finish processing in a day :)

Toronto ASAP

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
05 March 2014
Passport Req..
29 April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 May 2014
ralph79 said:
QFT

I have been looking into this a lot lately as well. There is the option to be and stay in Canada on a TRV (I am exempt though, EU based), while your PR application is still running. It is called Dual Intent, JJ2 has pointed me into the right direction, with this link: http://www.canadavisa.com/immigration-canada-dual-intent.html.

However, your above statements are true. If you need to do an interview, provide additional documentation etc, you need to go home to take care of it. Furthermore I wouldn't be a big fan of sending your passport by mail, while you are in a foreign country either. On top of that, I am planning on bringing furniture in a container. None of that can obviously be brought on a tourist visa. So currently we are trying to find out if it would be ok if my GF would bring it on her name, since she will be a returning citizen.

Altogether the safest route seems to really come as a tourist, on a return ticket, and really leave either after 6 months, or when you get your COPR and then reland with your status, while bringing your stuff and what not.

Now that the strike is finished at least, I think that processing times for Vienna will go faster again. Don't let it get to you. ;)
Ralph79 thank you for your answer. I learnt about the DUAL INTENT when I applied for my TRV a month and a half ago, fortunately I got it. Will be visiting my husband in Canada in a week, bought a return flight ticket for January. If Vienna happens to wake up during my stay not sure what we will do then. But we'll think about that tomorrow, right? :) I like being proactive but they are just ruining it for me :)

And the luggage... another nightmare! I am planning to take an extra suitcase of summer stuff to leave there bcs it's cheaper to do it now. And perfectly normal to bring 2 bags if staying over 2 months? Containers.. I don't know much about it, will look into it when the time arrives. Hopefully not in the distant future! ;)

Good luck to you!

newpal

Apr 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-13...Sent and recvd 13.01.14
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
17.04.2013 Stage 2 AOR
Med's Request
request 05.03.14 sent & recvd 11.03.2014
Med's Done....
First 19.06.2012
Interview........
NOT APPLICABLE :P
Passport Req..
In Process
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully Today
LANDED..........
Tomorrow
Toronto ASAP said:
Ralph79 thank you for your answer. I learnt about the DUAL INTENT when I applied for my TRV a month and a half ago, fortunately I got it. Will be visiting my husband in Canada in a week, bought a return flight ticket for January. If Vienna happens to wake up during my stay not sure what we will do then. But we'll think about that tomorrow, right? :) I like being proactive but they are just ruining it for me :)

And the luggage... another nightmare! I am planning to take an extra suitcase of summer stuff to leave there bcs it's cheaper to do it now. And perfectly normal to bring 2 bags if staying over 2 months? Containers.. I don't know much about it, will look into it when the time arrives. Hopefully not in the distant future! ;)

Good luck to you!
HHAHHAHAH.. Containers would be Ok if you take your HOME from here directly to Canada :p.... Well could you please tell me what documents you have attached with your TRV application.. I am plannning to apply for it.. just to mention that we married in 2012 and since then my wife came to me once.. now i am planning to go there... could you please guide me... NOTE : I m non-European Resident of Germany !!! Thanks

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Toronto ASAP said:
I don't know if you read Tom, I've got news - Vienna didn't touch my file since end of February :(

It is better not to know sometimes, right? :) Now I am hoping that, like Hungary suggested, they will open my file and finish processing in a day :)
Hi Toronto ASAP

I thought too in the past to sent in for my notes but I said to my self No because it's a waste of money. I am sure that as soon as they open your file and start seriously working with it the system would have updated e-Cas automatically.
What actually gets me mad with Vienna is that has not completed anyone so far in so many months. There are still members from December that haven't heard anything yet.
How can that be?
Rome is 13 months and is handing out COPR's on daily basis. I am an admin in a Greek FB support group for Canada Immigration. We have more than 700 members from the moment we started the group in February. A big number of these members are family applicants with Rome VO. Many of them applied after January and are already in Canada all finished and done. My two good friends applied in March and they received their COPR's 2 weeks ago
Go figure!
Last year Vienna has given some COPR's to some people in less than 6 months. But what ever we say, no matter how angry and frustrated we get there's nothing we can do!

Many of you are waiting anxiously to be reunited with your mates. Some of us are still in the old country but together abiding to the law so we wont break it by going to Canada on false pretenses. But even though me and my wife are together our lives are on hold and in limbo!
My company has hired my replacement whom I am training and I pray every day that at least Vienna should tell me when I get the approval even it is in 6 months from now so I can put our lives in order!

Ok . sorry for letting the steam out but I know most of you are feeling the same or even worse. And after all who will understand more than people who are going through the same path as you.

Kisses to all

Tom, Aspa and baby Leto!

Toronto ASAP

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
05 March 2014
Passport Req..
29 April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 May 2014
newpal said:
HHAHHAHAH.. Containers would be Ok if you take your HOME from here directly to Canada :p.... Well could you please tell me what documents you have attached with your TRV application.. I am plannning to apply for it.. just to mention that we married in 2012 and since then my wife came to me once.. now i am planning to go there... could you please guide me... NOTE : I m non-European Resident of Germany !!! Thanks
Sure! My husband already visited twice and couldn't come again because of his full time job (we attached his flight tickets). Look for DUAL INTENT procedure to get more info about what is important to emphasize in your TRV application.

check the forum, but his helped me too

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op11-eng.pdf

Which documents to attach depends on your current situation. I believe a letter we wrote explaining the circumstances played a crucial role (why he cannot visit me again, that we just want to travel, spend holidays together and celebrate our marriage anniversary, that with the prolonging processing times we might not see each for sooo long, that I understand I have to return to my home country after that of course, that we would never jeopardize the PR process in any way, in the letter I explained my situation in home country and provided proof of my ongoing Master studies, ownership of car, land, bank accounts, unemployment insurance, scholarships... all ties to my home country - if you are employed a letter from employer stating the date you have to be back for the job would be of great help, along with the return flight ticket of course. They asked for the marriage certificate and invitation letter as well).

I also showed a solid travel history, and was granted 2 TRVs for Canada before. I did work very hard on the application (around 60 pages with translations and IMMs!!!) but it was worth it bcs I was approved in less than 2 working days (applied on line)!

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Toronto ASAP

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
05 March 2014
Passport Req..
29 April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 May 2014
messenger said:
Hi Toronto ASAP

I thought too in the past to sent in for my notes but I said to my self No because it's a waste of money. I am sure that as soon as they open your file and start seriously working with it the system would have updated e-Cas automatically.
What actually gets me mad with Vienna is that has not completed anyone so far in so many months. There are still members from December that haven't heard anything yet.
How can that be?
Rome is 13 months and is handing out COPR's on daily basis. I am an admin in a Greek FB support group for Canada Immigration. We have more than 700 members from the moment we started the group in February. A big number of these members are family applicants with Rome VO. Many of them applied after January and are already in Canada all finished and done. My two good friends applied in March and they received their COPR's 2 weeks ago
Go figure!
Last year Vienna has given some COPR's to some people in less than 6 months. But what ever we say, no matter how angry and frustrated we get there's nothing we can do!

Many of you are waiting anxiously to be reunited with your mates. Some of us are still in the old country but together abiding to the law so we wont break it by going to Canada on false pretenses. But even though me and my wife are together our lives are on hold and in limbo!
My company has hired my replacement whom I am training and I pray every day that at least Vienna should tell me when I get the approval even it is in 6 months from now so I can put our lives in order!

Ok . sorry for letting the steam out but I know most of you are feeling the same or even worse. And after all who will understand more than people who are going through the same path as you.

Kisses to all

Tom, Aspa and baby Leto!
Tom,

you said it all! I know what you mean with the lives on hold, if you start thinking about what we could have done if Vienna was even a bit faster we would go crazy. I decided not to renew my job contract but to focus on my master studies and hoping that I'll have the papers by the end of this year. My unemployment insurance is soon expiring. Of course my husband and my parents will help but this is not the best way to go for me. My husband moved into a bigger (and more expensive!!) apartment - OUR apartment and who knows when I will be able to move. And sooooo many other things we decided to do while we were positive and expecting some news from Vienna. Now when I think about new medical / police certificates etc - more money, more time :(

At the end we all need luck! I just hope it's somewhere around the corner!

nada3

Jul 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
Doc's Request.
25-03-2013 & 15-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-11-2012
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st 12-09-2012; 2nd 22-01-2014
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
messenger said:
Hi Toronto ASAP

How can that be?
Go figure!

Kisses to all

Tom, Aspa and baby Leto!
I am too soooo frustrated, we are waiting since last September!!! :mad: it has been over a year!.
I have 2 children from my previous marriage, and cannot just hop on a plane and go for a visit. My husband applied twice for a TRV before we got married, he also has a sister here, but they refused it both times. We managed to meet up in Cuba for a week this summer and I had to take the kids with me as I have no one to leave them with. That was 1 week we spent together in the entire year.
If they are going to keep us hanging here for this long, they should at least alow our spouses to come and visit. I don't think anyone wold jeopardize their process with staying in Canada and not returning home.
Am I the only one from last year still waiting?

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
nada3 said:
I am too soooo frustrated, we are waiting since last September!!! :mad: it has been over a year!.
I have 2 children from my previous marriage, and cannot just hop on a plane and go for a visit. My husband applied twice for a TRV before we got married, he also has a sister here, but they refused it both times. We managed to meet up in Cuba for a week this summer and I had to take the kids with me as I have no one to leave them with. That was 1 week we spent together in the entire year.
If they are going to keep us hanging here for this long, they should at least alow our spouses to come and visit. I don't think anyone wold jeopardize their process with staying in Canada and not returning home.
I completely agree with you. For a country that claims to value and honor family reunification they're not doing so hot.

Hungary

Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
File Transfer...
2013-09-20
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
messenger said:
Hi Toronto ASAP

How can that be?
Go figure!

Kisses to all

Tom, Aspa and baby Leto!

Oooh Tom, I know how you feel, I feel the same or even worse.... I don't know and don't want to judge that but its not an easy thing to go through. 700 members just from Greece and only whom joined Fb group?, my God... Thats a LOT of immigrant for sure :eek: how much could it be from all around the world in a year? And how does if affect Canada's demography , I mean thousand and thousands of immigrants every year its not natural , is it? Obviously most of immigrants does not leave the country like we did with my mom and hopefully people over there are not dying so fast as immigrants enter the country so it seems like Canada could soon hang the FULL sign right to the borders... ::) :D
But seriously its really confusing anyways.
This morning I wrote a long post to all of you but all of a sudden it disappeared... So I got angry and went to play with the girls. And I made a biiiig apple pie today, it turned out really good and guess what, the girls never touched it, didn't even tasted... And now... Its almost 9 pm..... And the smell just makes me gooooo crazy :eek: :eek: :eek: Yuuummmyyy ::)

By the way I decided to make sure I take my mind off of immigration, because it just caused trouble in my relationship, being inpatient and frustrated plus apart.... Its just not working this way, so I am reading. Any time I have a moment, I am reading and I wont even stop till next fall.... Right now I am reading F.Scott Fitzgerald Beautiful and damned, I like it so far, not an easy one to understand though.

Kisses to all of you

Csilla

Ooohhhh right in my morning post I was asking Toronto ASAP to be sooo kind and please give us a name to call you, it would be more personal. Not a problem if its not your own name , if you would like to keep your identity in secret! I was thinking about this since we had that nice conversation before my PR interview in Vienna.

nada3

Jul 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
Doc's Request.
25-03-2013 & 15-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-11-2012
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st 12-09-2012; 2nd 22-01-2014
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
Hungary said:
Ooohhhh right in my morning post I was asking Toronto ASAP to be sooo kind and please give us a name to call you, it would be more personal. Not a problem if its not your own name , if you would like to keep your identity in secret! I was thinking about this since we had that nice conversation before my PR interview in Vienna.
Szia Chilla,
I am Eva :)

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
I just though of something,

in a few weeks we should be starting to get busy with christmas stuff. Usually time passes by really fast from mid November till mid January. So really... before we know it 3 months has passed. Just saying.

And the idea of reading is actually brilliant. I myself have started reading and at least it keeps my mind off of the immigration and loneliness for a while.

Toronto ASAP

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
05 March 2014
Passport Req..
29 April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 May 2014
nada3 said:
Eva, that's really hard, congratulations to both of you for resisting these challenges. I agree with you - asking from us all kinds of proof of a genuine relationship and then not allowing us to spend quality time together for this long just doesn't make sense to me! May I ask where in Canada do you live?

It's definitely your turn now to receive news from Vienna, keep your faith!