Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2013
Yay! E-cas updated to say medical received! Does that mean I can update my medical requested thingie on here?

bacontoaster

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
File Transfer...
22-11-2012
Med's Done....
06-08-2012
Passport Req..
26-03-2013
Medical requested is if your app takes longer than a year and they ask you to re-do it. This usually doesn't happen for Ottawa applicants :)

brightredscream

Sep 1, 2010
Stoney Creek, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2013
Oh ok! Awesome!

Didi87

Jan 31, 2013
Hello all : ) .. I'm new to this forum and would appreciate some help...

I applied outland for my American husband. He is currently here visiting me. We submitted the application in July, got sent to Ottawa CPP, and got approval of sponsorship in Sept.

Today my husband got an email requesting another copy of the FBI clearance because the one we got was through a third-party. Apparently it needs to be directly from the FBl. They also requested a copy of his passport. They want all of this within 60 days.

My question is.. how can we get another FBI clearance in time?? He is currently in Canada visiting with no plans of going to the US in the near future. Can we get fingerprints locally in Canada and use those even though he is just a visitor in Canada? Also, the process can take longer than 60 days according to the FBI website.. what should I tell Ottawa CPP ?? :(

Feeling a bit down about all of this.. I would appreciate any help or words of advice..

**also, how do I add my application information/statisitics to the side panel on this forum like everyone else? thank u!

bacontoaster

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
File Transfer...
22-11-2012
Med's Done....
06-08-2012
Passport Req..
26-03-2013
The FBI Clearances can take a bit longer than 60 days but not always. My husband did his in july and it we got the clearance in late september, so that was a tad longer than 60 days. I would order it ASAP , send the passport right away and with the passport maybe include proof that you've requested the FBI clearance and that it may take longer than 60 days. I think that's the best you can do at this point and hopefully your VO will be understanding.

Congrats on the PPR by the way!

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Didi87 said:

I applied outland for my American husband. He is currently here visiting me. We submitted the application in July, got sent to Ottawa CPP, and got approval of sponsorship in Sept.

Today my husband got an email requesting another copy of the FBI clearance because the one we got was through a third-party. Apparently it needs to be directly from the FBl. They also requested a copy of his passport. They want all of this within 60 days.

My question is.. how can we get another FBI clearance in time?? He is currently in Canada visiting with no plans of going to the US in the near future. Can we get fingerprints locally in Canada and use those even though he is just a visitor in Canada? Also, the process can take longer than 60 days according to the FBI website.. what should I tell Ottawa CPP ?? :(

Feeling a bit down about all of this.. I would appreciate any help or words of advice..

**also, how do I add my application information/statisitics to the side panel on this forum like everyone else? thank u!
All you need to do is find someone that does fingerprints near you. I used google. Then send in the prints with the FBI form. It's very doable in Canada.

You'll have the option to add the timeline at 10 posts.

Didi87

Jan 31, 2013
amikety said:
All you need to do is find someone that does fingerprints near you. I used google. Then send in the prints with the FBI form. It's very doable in Canada.

You'll have the option to add the timeline at 10 posts.
Great.. thank you Bacontoaster and Amikety for ur help... I will look online for a service and hope CPP can be understanding..
Last question.. should I request that the FBI send the clearance to my husband's American address and then have family mail it to us or is it ok if I request direct mailing to my Canadian address?

Line

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2012
AOR Received.
sponsorship approved november 8, 2012
Med's Done....
15-05-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
never requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 28,2013
LANDED..........
April 14, 2013
Didi87 said:
Great.. thank you Bacontoaster and Amikety for ur help... I will look online for a service and hope CPP can be understanding..
Last question.. should I request that the FBI send the clearance to my husband's American address and then have family mail it to us or is it ok if I request direct mailing to my Canadian address?
Hi, My common-law husband was here visiting me at the time and we got he FBI clearance sent to our address here in Canada.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Didi87 said:
great... thx for ur help!
FYI I got my clearance in five weeks in Canada.

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
Didi87 said:

You need to go to the FBI website and download the fingerprint form and submit a request with the application form and the firngerprint form. I am not sure if the FBI will send the finger prints abroad, but I would not see why not given the fact that they may get requests from outside the US all the time.

Here's the FBI site link:
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks

In the US, the sheriff departments perform fingerprinting on FBI forms (they even carry those forms so you don't have to print any), but I am not sure about where to do that in Canada. However, the RCMP website indicates that fingerprinting can be done in Canada at the local police station. http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm. I would call the nearest police station to find out if the know how to perform fingerprinting on the FBI cards (they may even have the original cards). If they don't, maybe they know who can do it for you.

We just sent another set of prints to the FBI on Jan 4th (to be proactive as the ones we submitted expire in late Feb) and we have not received them yet. When we did our first ones in January of last year, they arrived in 7 weeks.

If you received a request for copies of the passport you may be on the right path as I think that may be consired as the applicant's PPR.

IslandAnnie

Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-11-2012
File Transfer...
29-11-2012
Med's Done....
14-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 never received, pp submitted 09-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
cempjwi said:
We just sent another set of prints to the FBI on Jan 4th (to be proactive as the ones we submitted expire in late Feb) and we have not received them yet. When we did our first ones in January of last year, they arrived in 7 weeks.
I didn't know that FBI checks expire. I thought that unlike the medicals that expire after one year, the only requirement for the FBI check is that it be received by CIC before it is 90 days old. Where did you find this information?

Tullysgirl

May 23, 2012
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2012
Doc's Request.
07-03-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2012
Med's Done....
30-07-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
LANDED..........
21-07-2013
Agnelo said:
I'm a July applicant and ours still says application received and it's the date the application submitted as opposed to the date the sponsor was approved.
Does everyone's status show that Immigration rec'd your app when the package was originally rec'd to do the Sponsorship stage? I know they rec'd our package Sept 24th, but the Sponsorship wasn't approved until Nov 2nd.

Does the 10 months of wait begin as of Sept or November??

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Didi87 said:
Right - they only accept the original tamper-proof FBI letter, not a channeler letter.

You can get fingerprints done in Canada - I've done it twice at a commercial facility here in Vancouver, but I know that other people have them done by their local police or by RCMP. I've found my local commercial facility has the FBI stock cards even, but you can print out the PDF from the FBI website.

Send that, along with the form specifying a credit card to charge for the $18 fee to the FBI. I have a FedEx account, so I provided them with my return account number - they only courier via FedEx. I could see the charge on my credit card about a week before I got the letter back - six weeks, but that was a year ago.

Didi87 said:

You can advise Ottawa that you have requested the FBI letter and will forward it ASAP. They won't close the file even if they don't have it in 60 days - they'll send you at least one more notice before they close it out. By then you'll have the letter in the file.

This is a good lesson for new people reading the forum: do not try to use a channeler report. You have to get the real letter from the FBI. It has to be in CIC's hands within 90 days. It is valid 1 year from the date printed by the FBI.

The side panel becomes available to you after 10 posts.