WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
Quick question;
Who here has ordered notes? I'm contemplating it but I don't want to ruffle feathers, with me being in ten months deep I feel like maybe I'm almost at the end....??
I know it takes 30 days, correct? Knowing me I'll order them and then two weeks later something in my application will move forward, lol. Or should I just check in with my MP...? Feedback is appreciated!

EmSNYC

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2014
AOR Received.
25-02-2015
File Transfer...
02-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-07-2014
I would definitely order them. I am almost six months in and I plan to order them in at the begining of August, at the turn of the 8th month. It's a right you have and a way to keep those ppl accountable (sort of).

jamsham12

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/19/2015
AOR Received.
03/16/2015
File Transfer...
04/21/2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 08/06/2015 DM: 10/31/2015
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2015
LANDED..........
12/30/2015
BeShoo said:
Ottawa told us we had to mail it to Mississauga, so we printed it out and sent it to Mississauga and also sent it by email to Ottawa. I asked for clarification but they never replied. (It also send to send the CSQ to Ottawa and the RPRF receipt to Mississauga and that they both MUST be in the same package, which made no sense to me at all. Also, "We look forward to hearing from you within thirty (15) days.")
Oh ok, once i get this paid next month which will be before Ottawa request the RPRF, ill send the receipt to both Ottawa and Mississauga via email . Thanks!

OntarioBound

Nov 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2014
AOR Received.
7-3-2015 (SA-13-3-2015)
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 4-6-2015 or earlier
LANDED..........
8-7-2015
I saw some movement in the December thread (I am a December applicant) so I checked my status and it shows DM although we submitted our application just 6 months ago! (It shows it went into process on May 28th)! Could this be bad news? I think our application is pretty straight forward without any red flags (except our 8 year age difference), but I am a bit freaked out about it since older applications are just sitting still and only sporadic movement for the newer ones. One problem is that the address on status still shows my old California address despite 2 emails sent to them as well as snail mail recently. Mails to my old CA address should now be forwarded to my UPS mailbox address in NY, but would CIC letters get forwarded OK?

Below is what I posted in the December thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OntarioBound said:
HOLY COW!!! I just checked out this thread and since some of you were going into "in process" status, I decided to check my status. It now says the application went into processing on May 28th, the status is Decision Made! My VO is Ottawa so I was expecting it to take longer... OMG OMG OMG :eek:

One problem is, my address on the status page for myself (primary applicant) still shows my old address where I no longer live! (I requested them via email twice to get it changed to my husband's address in Canada since I was relocating and traveling a lot to visit my husband. I also mailed them the address change request again which they should have received last Monday per UPS tracking I checked...) What should I do now? I do have a forwarding set up with USPS for the mail to come to my mailing address (UPS store mailbox in western New York), but would an official mail like this CIC letter get through OK for forwarding?

Another thing is, along with the address change request, I sent them a second police check from Japan (I am a US citizen, but lived in Japan many years ago...) because the first one I sent to them was 2 days before the 3 months expiration date when I sent it to them, so I sent them the 2nd one to be on the safe side. (I also started an FBI police check for the 2nd time just in case since it takes so long, but I haven't gotten that back from FBI yet.) I hope the second police check from Japan didn't show I was a criminal or something (by mistake!) I wouldn't know since the report is in a sealed envelope!

I wonder if I am somehow getting a rejection letter?? My application is pretty straight forward except for our age difference (8 years) - I should get an interview first right, if they thought our relationship isn't genuine?

I am kind of freaking out here! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Subbanator

Jun 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 8, 2014
File Transfer...
Oct 16, 2014
Med's Done....
June 21, 2014 upfront
Hello everyone. We applied in September and got Decision Made but our status on the website doesn't say when that decision was made. It just says

"We received your application for permanent residence on September 8, 2014.

We started processing your application on April 24, 2015.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision."

So it could have been weeks ago, but we haven't heard anything else from CIC and no COPR has arrived in the mail. Why doesn't it show the date they made a decision like it does most everyone else? Now should we be expecting an e-mail first or just waiting for the COPR to come in?

EmSNYC

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2014
AOR Received.
25-02-2015
File Transfer...
02-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
25-07-2014
To add another data point, I just checked the website and found out I am in process. They started processing my application on June 1.

LN13

Star Member
Dec 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-6-2015
AOR Received.
16/7/2015
File Transfer...
8/13/2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Odd question, but what method did people use to send their applications in? I see where people say they know the date it was received so did they send requiring a signature or just a general tracking from the USPS? I just haven't found in the past that the USPS updates that often and it doesn't say received until days after I know it got there.

Subbanator

Jun 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 8, 2014
File Transfer...
Oct 16, 2014
Med's Done....
June 21, 2014 upfront
LN13 said:
Odd question, but what method did people use to send their applications in? I see where people say they know the date it was received so did they send requiring a signature or just a general tracking from the USPS? I just haven't found in the past that the USPS updates that often and it doesn't say received until days after I know it got there.
We didn't require a signature but we chose expedited postage that came with tracking. Your application status on the CIC website will eventually tell you they day they received your app.

jamsham12

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/19/2015
AOR Received.
03/16/2015
File Transfer...
04/21/2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2015
LANDED..........
12/30/2015
Subbanator said:
Hello everyone. We applied in September and got Decision Made but our status on the website doesn't say when that decision was made. It just says

"We received your application for permanent residence on September 8, 2014.

We started processing your application on April 24, 2015.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision."

So it could have been weeks ago, but we haven't heard anything else from CIC and no COPR has arrived in the mail. Why doesn't it show the date they made a decision like it does most everyone else? Now should we be expecting an e-mail first or just waiting for the COPR to come in?
No news is good news. I believe you should receiving your confirmation of permanent residence or COPR as they call it shortly. If Ottawa did not reach out to you regarding the validity of your relationship or inquiring about documents, Decision Made is most likely approval.

Subbanator

Jun 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 8, 2014
File Transfer...
Oct 16, 2014
Med's Done....
June 21, 2014 upfront
jamsham12 said:
No news is good news. I believe you should receiving your confirmation of permanent residence or COPR as they call it shortly. If Ottawa did not reach out to you regarding the validity of your relationship or inquiring about documents, Decision Made is most likely approval.
Thanks for replying. No they have not contacted us once during the past 9 months....it's just so easy to worry. Hopefully the COPR shows up soon. I know some people get it only a couple days after seeing DM but it's taking a while for us.

jamsham12

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/19/2015
AOR Received.
03/16/2015
File Transfer...
04/21/2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2015
LANDED..........
12/30/2015
Subbanator said:
Thanks for replying. No they have not contacted us once during the past 9 months....it's just so easy to worry. Hopefully the COPR shows up soon. I know some people get it only a couple days after seeing DM but it's taking a while for us.
could take up to 4 weeks, but in your case if there has been no communication with Ottawa except that it shows DM, i would take it as an approval and as stated before no news is good news.

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
IP: Oct. 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
msbigshot said:
I sent the long form of our marriage LICENSE. Screwed that up and they requested our marriage certificate. Sent that out and saw you could do long version, I just googled marriage cert for Ontario (where we were married) & the 'short' form showed up. So I just sent that. I've also heard someone sent a long form and had no issues. A marriage cert is a marriage cert in my opinion regardless long or short. Don't sweat the little stuff like that!
Sorry if this has already been addressed!
I sent the long version, too. I was under the impression that's the one they wanted.

I'm hoping someone will realize that the long form contains more info than the short, and we'll be okay. :-X

I just received AOR, so I'm going to assume they wouldn't yet request a different version. How long after you received AOR were you asked for a cert?

Thanks!

LN13

Star Member
Dec 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-6-2015
AOR Received.
16/7/2015
File Transfer...
8/13/2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
We didn't require a signature but we chose expedited postage that came with tracking. Your application status on the CIC website will eventually tell you they day they received your app.
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks. I was thinking tracking but no signature as well as I don't really care to spend the extra 40 bucks it'll cost to require it if it's not really necessary.

Stopping by the PO today to pick up some supplies and then hopefully in the mail in the morning. Need to pay my fees and get the husband's pictures developed tonight and I *think* we should be done!

LN13

Star Member
Dec 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-6-2015
AOR Received.
16/7/2015
File Transfer...
8/13/2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
I need to stop reading these threads! Now I"m panicked about my marriage certificate but apparently the state I was married in only does long form certificates!

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
Ineffable said:
I sent the long version, too. I was under the impression that's the one they wanted.

I'm hoping someone will realize that the long form contains more info than the short, and we'll be okay. :-X

I just received AOR, so I'm going to assume they wouldn't yet request a different version. How long after you received AOR were you asked for a cert?

Thanks!
I'm an August app & they didn't request the marriage certificate until March//April. I misread it and sent the marriage license thinking they lost it. Then a month later they sent another email requesting the certificate. So the first week of May they received it. I know the short marriage certificate is only $15 & is guaranteed in 15 days (in Ontario). We got it a week later, it's never a bad thing to have if your worried. & after $1,040 what's an extra $15....LOL